Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Actually reading all that from the talk in makes me just think he knows just as much as any other fucker. Even people at the club dont know whats going on as the talkover talks are being done in London between lawyers for MASH Holdings and PCP. Charnley won't even know what is going on until he gets a phone call from Ashley telling him the club is sold so a journalist who probably uses Moncur, some backroom staff etc as his sources will just be guessing like everyone else.

Guest firetotheworks

Whether he's right or wrong, his guess/feeling/whatever you want to call it has more weight to it than everyone else's guess, like.

Meh... I'll hold out hope of it still happening until we're officially told otherwise.

And hopefully any budget is money available before potentially offloading the likes of Colback, Diame, Mitrovic, etc.

Whether he's right or wrong, his guess/feeling/whatever you want to call it has more weight to it than everyone else's guess, like.

Yeah, must admit it does make me worry a bit, he's one of the journalists I have a bit of respect for. Although all that could just be club propaganda to make Ashley look like he's still got the whip hand.

All Hardy has to work from is one side. That side is perpetual doom and gloom with years of let downs and disappointments. At this stage it is much easier for him to stake his claim on it falling through than it going ahead as he's closer to the frustration than most.

However hell have little to no contact at all to the buying party, the party he knows little about so really cant comment, only. Those closer to pcp will know of their determination to buy us...its those sources we need to take notice of, not the side of Ashley.

:thup:

Caulkin as well, though haven't seen much from him lately?

At least when he writes about us, its generally from a positive perspective.

The like of Edwards and Hope both seem to prefer to focus on the negatives, certainly around the takeover... but perhaps they have agenda's (Edwards having been banned previously, and Hope being a former NUFC employee).

£15m will be nowt with everyone around us spending actual money and driving up prices in the process.

Very worrying if this is true, not just about the quality of the squad, but about Ashley's mentality. It's not changed one iota and he'll seemingly risk relegation and a future in the lower divisions, rather than spend the going rates.

Douglas has it right I think, next two weeks are crucial. If they can't agree before Xmas, nothing will be done until summer. Why would PCP pay Ashley's asking price knowing full well with his pitiful levels of investment in the playing staff we could well be in the Championship next season.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/big-fortnight-takeover-front-q-13978876.amp

Douglas has it right I think, next two weeks are crucial. If they can't agree before Xmas, nothing will be done until summer. Why would PCP pay Ashley's asking price knowing full well with his pitiful levels of investment in the playing staff we could well be in the Championship next season.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/big-fortnight-takeover-front-q-13978876.amp

It will be interesting to see if Ashley is prepared to lower his demands in order to sell up for a reasonable fee. I can't see PCP hanging around until the summer, if the deal's not done before Christmas, realistically it's probably off. They won't want a club in the championship, and Ashley won't want to sell for an even lower fee either. I can't see why they would want to hang around and wait to see which division we are in before going through all this again.

Ashley has to lower the asking price or agree a relegation clause basically. Otherwise he'll have to rebuild the club without Rafa and with a furious fanbase on his back.

Hardy is close with Rafa, who is close with Amanda though. So I'd imagine he has some knowledge.

I'd imagine both relationships are massively overplayed.

Agree - as much as we'd probably love to think AS is in touch with Rafa regularly about developments, and hoping he can push things from his side, I'd guess she's professional enough to let things take their proper course, without risking a deal falling through due.

But apart from her failed attempt to buy Liverpool whilst he was there, she was reportedly 'on his table' pre-Liverpool match, so maybe their 'relationship' goes no further than having met previously and him inviting her to see if there was interest in NUFC, rather than being any closer.

He must just be

It will be interesting to see if Ashley is prepared to lower his demands in order to sell up for a reasonable fee. I can't see PCP hanging around until the summer, if the deal's not done before Christmas, realistically it's probably off. They won't want a club in the championship, and Ashley won't want to sell for an even lower fee either. I can't see why they would want to hang around and wait to see which division we are in before going through all this again.

Ashley has to lower the asking price or agree a relegation clause basically. Otherwise he'll have to rebuild the club without Rafa and with a furious fanbase on his back.

He must just be holding out until the last minute to squeeze every last penny he can out of PCP.

He's been trying to sell the club since the day he opened the books and saw he's been swindled by the Halls. This is his first, and probably last, serious chance to get his money back, and possibly make a profit. He's not going to let it slip away knowing that he'll have to heavily invest to keep us up.

He must just be

He must just be holding out until the last minute to squeeze every last penny he can out of PCP.

He's been trying to sell the club since the day he opened the books and saw he's been swindled by the Halls. This is his first, and probably last, serious chance to get his money back, and possibly make a profit. He's not going to let it slip away knowing that he'll have to heavily invest to keep us up.

I don't believe for a second he was actually swindled tbh, its an excuse he's used not to invest and to saddle us with debt to him. Anyway, lets hope he sells.

A deal can't be too far off, surely. Whether it goes through or not is a different matter, but I just can't see these business people wasting their very valuable time and money at something that is very unlikely to go through. At least not Mrs Staveley. Pretty certain that we wont have to wait much longer, for whatever the outcome might be.

He must just be

That's my view as well, which is why I think whatever the 'club insiders' are passing on to Hardy is probably club propaganda to try and make Ashley look like he's playing hardball.

Isn’t Hardy one who was confident Rafa would be off last summer?

If he cant get that right with his ‘close relationship’, why would he be right on the takeover?

Maybe I’m thinking of someone else, but thought he was one of them.

He's a journalist, they are close as that manager / journalist relationship goes but that doesn't mean they are close as people. Rafa is using his experience to get the most out of the likes of Hardy for his benefit and that of NUFC. Rafa is playing the game very well.