Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

When is the next PL overseas tv deal up for negotiation anyway? The current one runs until 2019, so should be soon-ish you would imagine, and if projections are correct there will be another huge increase meaning transfer fees will no doubt go up once more. Investing big in January, before this happens, might actually make sense even though summer windows usually provide (slightly) better value for money. You also have to consider there will be players looking to move to get into WC squads that could play to our advantage if we have a decent amount to spend. In short, I don’t think it’s a given that waiting to invest big is a good idea per se for an ambitious new owner with funds available, especially considering the treath of relegation.

Bids should be in January and announcement of new deal in February

2018? If true we may well see prices go up massively in the summer (again).

Yup. The new tv deal kicks in the season after next but when the bidding starts next month and the deal announced in February, you just know prices will go up this summer as clubs want to ensure they are in the queue when the new deal starts.

“We’re all hoping that something happens. Who knows, it may have already happened? I’m not saying I know anything but my guess would be if something has happened they won’t want to announce it because the new owners coming in would know that going for players, they’re automatically going to go up in value under new owners.

“If Mike Ashley’s here they know that he’s a businessman, he’ll work, he’ll haggle and he’ll try to get the players for a sensible price. That’s not me saying I know something, it’s just me guessing. I hope that is the case.”

“We’re all hoping that something happens. Who knows, it may have already happened? I’m not saying I know anything but my guess would be if something has happened they won’t want to announce it because the new owners coming in would know that going for players, they’re automatically going to go up in value under new owners.

“If Mike Ashley’s here they know that he’s a businessman, he’ll work, he’ll haggle and he’ll try to get the players for a sensible price. That’s not me saying I know something, it’s just me guessing. I hope that is the case.”

Does he know something?

Does he know something?

You don't believe the man himself?

What is the "Duel Process"? because according to someone in the Director's box, its been 'triggered'.

I'd be interested to know that too. I've heard of it with regards to thinking and the way your brain can make decisions but not in takeover stuff. It sounds like it could be the handover process maybe? Where the new owner has come in and there is that period of time where the previous owner stays along side to keep things steady. Just guessing though.

What is the "Duel Process"? because according to someone in the Director's box, its been 'triggered'.

I'd be interested to know that too. I've heard of it with regards to thinking and the way your brain can make decisions but not in takeover stuff. It sounds like it could be the handover process maybe? Where the new owner has come in and there is that period of time where the previous owner stays along side to keep things steady. Just guessing though.

Dual process would be two parties calling the shots.