Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I think we're all just beyond the point of desperation with regards to Ashley possibly leaving, so any piece of information that suggests it could actually be happening sends us into a frenzy.

Like a few have said, no news is probably good news at this stage but it's the not knowing that's so f***ing frustrating

That's my thinking too. No news is good news at the minute but it is quite frustrating.

Yeh, seems to be that the deal is off.

Michael Martin from TF will be posting an update later on if you want a believable source. 

My journo mate from Oman told me this like a week ago. I posted it somewhere here too. Ol' Mick Martin is slow

Which paper does he work for?

Yeh, seems to be that the deal is off.

Michael Martin from TF will be posting an update later on if you want a believable source. 

My journo mate from Oman told me this like a week ago. I posted it somewhere here too. Ol' Mick Martin is slow

Which paper does he work for?

The Beano

The worst thing to happen was making this potential takeover public in the first place. Would have been much better if, one day, out of the blue, it was just announced that Newcastle is under new ownership.

Did you not see the NYSE yesterday?

Where abouts in Fenham are you based FM, I might look you up and give you a takeover slap!

I live in London now HTT, come down and I'll fill you in on what I've heard.

Now there's an offer  :lol:

There's obviously fuck all happened and we're as much as up for sale now as we were before. It'll happen when it happens, not when some indirect comment is passed on a message board saying we're sold and then we're not.

It's like the BBC news insinuating a big murder story before changing their stance a day later to cover their arse.

There's obviously fuck all happened and we're as much as up for sale now as we were before. It'll happen when it happens, not when some indirect comment is passed on a message board saying we're sold and then we're not.

It's like the BBC news insinuating a big murder story before changing their stance a day later to cover their arse.

Thanks for clearing this up. I'm fine now.

There's obviously f*** all happened and we're as much as up for sale now as we were before. It'll happen when it happens, not when some indirect comment is passed on a message board saying we're sold and then we're not.

And there was everyone believing Fenham Mag too.

What did people expect? A takeover within a week of us being up for sale?

I’m confident that we’ll be sold because we are currently at the maximum value that MA could achieve. He and his advisors aren’t stupid, they know that right now we’re at our maximum under his regime and if he ever hopes to get out as much as possible, now is his only chance.

Whether the process takes a day, a month or until the end of the season is irrelevant - Rafa will keep us up and we’ll be under new ownership by the end of the season.

Obviously it would be preferable if it took place before the January transfer window, but if it doesn’t, there is no panic. There was never going to be any fresh news during this stage anyway, as I’ve said countless times, no news at this stage is good news - we’d hear very well quickly if the buyer(s) pulled out, but we wont hear anything if due diligence is progressing nicely.

You would hope we will hear something more in the next week or so otherwise I cant see it being done for January as they have to get everything agreed by the Premier League.

Saying that I have absolutely no clue as to how these things work.

I sometimes wonder if people live in the real world with us. If anyone has any experience of buying a car (especially on finance), a house etc then they will know that these processes can take weeks, and in the case of buying a house, months. A business is a lot more complicated than any of those and though a financing package may not be required, they still need to look at the finance of a business, contracts etc.

Mike Ashley buying the company in his ‘Shut up and take my money’ manner was a one off, and not one reputable companies/potential owners are going to repeat.

I sometimes wonder if people live in the real world with us. If anyone has any experience of buying a car (especially on finance), a house etc then they will know that these processes can take weeks, and in the case of buying a house, months. A business is a lot more complicated than any of those and though a financing package may not be required, they still need to look at the finance of a business, contracts etc.

Mike Ashley buying the company in his ‘Shut up and take my money’ manner was a one off, and not one reputable companies/potential owners are going to repeat.

Those processes take weeks because we are in a cue and having our checks done. I'd be surprised if Stavely's backers are in a similar situation.