Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest Howaythetoon

I know fuck all, but I think its happening. Its win win all the way for Ashley. The longer he remains its lose lose because his way of running the club will only lead to Rafa leaving and then the ship sinks again. Only this time there will be no recovery.

Why wait a couple of weeks?  Not doubting you and your source but I can't see what is to be gained by not announcing it, unless there are tax reasons. 

Hope you are right

Thought this as well, also think it would be very surprising for it to be 'done' this quickly.

Guest Howaythetoon

Is the purchase of a business similar to that of a property where you would exchange contracts then complete a designated time in the future, i.e. A couple of weeks?

Genuine question.

You should fucking know!

Why wait a couple of weeks?  Not doubting you and your source but I can't see what is to be gained by not announcing it, unless there are tax reasons. 

Hope you are right

They could be waiting for ratification from the Premier League.

Is the purchase of a business similar to that of a property where you would exchange contracts then complete a designated time in the future, i.e. A couple of weeks?

Genuine question.

Fenham, you are persona non grata following last weeks tit tassle dance  :lol: :lol:

Price can be agreed upon conditions are met I.e. Conditional offer. Those mainly includes third parties checkings and confirmations. It also takes time for all the legal documents to be in place given our complicated situation.

And also the fat cunt allows deferred payment doesn't mean he allows it in full. 

I am not saying the story is true but those details don't seems to be non sense to me.

I guess the deal could be done in principle but there are still a few finer details to be ironed out eg. HMRC stuff.

If an offer has been made by Staveley and accepted by Ashley that could be construed as the deal being done but until everything is buttoned up they won't announce it. Things could still go wrong, especially where Ashley is involved, and the deal would probably impact the share price of various companies so there's probably a proper legal procedure.

I'm just speculating because i know fuck all about this stuff.

Bearing in mind any deal will have to be ratified by the premier league etc, it makes littler sense to confirm something which will mean minimal change at present. The closer this is done to the window opening should mean the momentum isn't lost.

It would be like winning the lottery on a Saturday night and having to wait until Monday when the lottery offices open.

As I said a few pages back or on the other thread, what an anniversary present it would be especially if it was announced on the 9th December.

International break bitches...watch dat ticker.

I've seen this said a few times, what the craic? Is it because we'd always wait until international breaks to announce bad news, or something?

Partly that, partly said in jest because people have fuck all to talk about for a fortnight

Staff at the Reverse Tap Bar and the Why Q stall didn’t have a Scooby on Saturday.

The lad minding the 'Why Q' bin beside the middle of the Gallowgate exit will have been too busy getting over the shock of my drunken Brother dumping his empties in it.  :D

Bearing in mind any deal will have to be ratified by the premier league etc, it makes littler sense to confirm something which will mean minimal change at present. The closer this is done to the window opening should mean the momentum isn't lost.

It would be like winning the lottery on a Saturday night and having to wait until Monday when the lottery offices open.

As I said a few pages back or on the other thread, what an anniversary present it would be especially if it was announced on the 9th December.

Be better not to announce it until after the window really, agree to keep it quiet so we can sign some players without being raped as newly cash rich fools.

Be better not to announce it until after the window really, agree to keep it quiet so we can sign some players without being raped as newly cash rich fools.

If we buy a striker everyone will know anyway. :lol: