Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I'd love it if we did a Man City, don't understand why some don't. The morals behind some of the sources of wealth over in the Middle East perhaps?

Though I'd take just competent business people who may not be the richest but allow the club to at least try and maximise its potential. However the main thing is getting that fat f***ing c*** out of our club.

It's about maintaining your identity. Man City certainly haven't kept theirs.

They didn't have much of one pre Mansour.

I'm incredibly biased, but I think we're different in that regard.

I'd say we're at lot like city of old. They were perennial under achievers, spectacularly mismanaged. They had an outstanding side 30 years before the takeover, remembered fondly cause it's all they had to cling on to. Oh and they were pulling in crowds of 30,000 when they were in the 3rd tier of English football. Twenty years ago there was maybe 2 or 3 clubs in England that could have done that.

I would love to do a Man City and have sustained success until I die. f*** being sensible

That's fine, but don't complain when it doesn't happen.

Not looking forward to those doing so btw. There will be loads.

Oh I won't, I mean actually having a plan would be a massive change from the fat idiot

I'd love it if we did a Man City, don't understand why some don't. The morals behind some of the sources of wealth over in the Middle East perhaps?

Though I'd take just competent business people who may not be the richest but allow the club to at least try and maximise its potential. However the main thing is getting that fat f***ing c*** out of our club.

I'd say we're at lot like city of old. They were perennial under achievers, spectacularly mismanaged. They had an outstanding side 30 years before the takeover, remembered fondly cause it's all they had to cling on to. Oh and they were pulling in crowds of 30,000 when they were in the 3rd tier of English football. Twenty years ago there was maybe 2 or 3 clubs in England that could have done that.

Thought more recent times around about our KK and SBR days. We've a history of being consistently in the top 6 in recent years. Renowned for our ground, passionate support and attacking football.

Again I'm looking through the black and white specs.

Skimmed to catch up since servergeddon but what I've taken from all the Caulkin stuff etc. is that the deal might still happen.

It will happen, but possibly not in time for the January window

Was the City takeover not late, with Robinho signing on deadline day? There's hope :lol:

Skimmed to catch up since servergeddon but what I've taken from all the Caulkin stuff etc. is that the deal might still happen.

Was the City takeover not late, with Robinho signing on deadline day? There's hope :lol:

Wasn't that a different takeover? 

To what?

It wasn’t complete but they were loaned money by the buyers to buy Robinho

No that was the year before.

Guest firetotheworks

It's basically impossible to "do a Man City" these days anyway, even if we had nigh on unlimited funds, we'd still compete with two more clubs that have infinite funds that are far ahead of us, plus the likes of Liverpool, Man United and Spurs that are all capable of spending more than we could hope to get from PCP.

Of course it's possible. Man City 'did a Chelsea' after all.

Completely different landscape when they did it. The money that we would have to spend to "do a Man City" would be astronomical, just look at what PSG have to spend to compete at the top in the CL.

That reads as possible to me. The Saudis would be the ones to do it.

Guest firetotheworks

Thought more recent times around about our KK and SBR days. We've a history of being consistently in the top 6 in recent years. Renowned for our ground, passionate support and attacking football.

You really are like. [emoji38] It would be fine if you also acknowledged that Man City had an identity too.

Was never nervous about the deal not happening, just whether it'd be done in time to buy players. Seems not.

And we dont need to be Man City, just a club that reasonably competes. We drastically under-compete. Just a normal level is a huge improvement.

Does Dave know more than he is letting on? For obvious reasons I don’t expect him to divulge any itk craic.

Absolutely not. I just can't for the life of me see it getting this far and not going through. Both parties want to deal.

You really are like. [emoji38] It would be fine if you also acknowledged that Man City had an identity too.

Whey, when I was growing up they weren't really much, just came up iirc and were lower midtable. Can't remember Maine Road. Probably plays a part in what I posted before.

Absurd claim.

Guest firetotheworks

Whey, when I was growing up they weren't really much, just came up iirc and were lower midtable. Can't remember Maine Road. Probably plays a part in what I posted before.

Just seen your age. [emoji38]

Yeah I've never really doubted that it will happen. Mainly because Ashley made up the guff about there being more than one interested party not so long ago, a sure fire sign that he was trying to start a bidding war and therefore wanted to sell.

I've said this a few times but anyone who's bought a house or dealt with solicitors/insurance people/money lenders know how long things can take and this is multi millions so God knows what else is involved. That's all assuming they have a price nearly agreed.

On a side note, I can't see anyway in which it's going to be a Man City job but I'd snap your hands off for a Spurs/Everton (recent) type of investment.

I just want to dream that one day we might get in the champions league or a cup final again. Not today, not tommorow, just someday.