Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

We will soon find out if she wants another bid. Mike Ashley doesn't care who he sells it to and I doubt Amanda Staveley cares who she's buying off.

If you have a seller who (genuinely) wants to sell, the deal is never off. It's a question of does she want to pay what he wants?

I cant blame her for low balling this tosser but she was never going to get it on the cheap (or what we call it's actual price). Time to show the colour of your money.

Seems dead in the water to me she hasn’t increased her previous bid and that’s been on the table for months, I can’t imagine how this then of events will tempt her to either, no shortage of football clubs to buy imo

This time yesterday, it looked like the deal not only went past Christmas but would probably drag on til the summer.

With the deal 'dead', all we have to do is survive and then PCP won't be nervous about relegation, insist on clauses etc.

That's why Ashley has green lighted 3 transfers - survival means he's more likely to get a straight £300m from them. Then everyone's happy. If it wasn't for his petulant comments, I'd be convinced this is what's happening.

Feel extremely blue this morning, like. For the first time in ten years it felt like there was genuine light at the end of the tunnel, but the tunnel has closed tight shut again.

I don't think the tunnel is closed.... yet, but.....

hqdefault.jpg

:undecided:

:lol: I feel a mite better.

This time yesterday, it looked like the deal not only went past Christmas but would probably drag on til the summer.

With the deal 'dead', all we have to do is survive and then PCP won't be nervous about relegation, insist on clauses etc.

That's why Ashley has green lighted 3 transfers - survival means he's more likely to get a straight £300m from them. Then everyone's happy. If it wasn't for his petulant comments, I'd be convinced this is what's happening.

Thats the thing, he's quite possibly fucked the whole deal for nothing. If he just kept his mouth shut and invested in the squad then within 5 months he'd have his money. Now he's got to sit and wait for 5 months, then start the process again with different people, if there is any other real interest.

We will soon find out if she wants another bid. Mike Ashley doesn't care who he sells it to and I doubt Amanda Staveley cares who she's buying off.

If you have a seller who (genuinely) wants to sell, the deal is never off. It's a question of does she want to pay what he wants?

I cant blame her for low balling this tosser but she was never going to get it on the cheap (or what we call it's actual price). Time to show the colour of your money.

She did, it wasn't enough. So he'll keep the club, which we can only assume is what he would prefer anyway.

Part of me thinks this is Ashley's last hurrah to piss off the fans he has so obviously despised for ten years. Let's hope it is just that.

Last hurrah by sacking off the only deal on the table?

No, by making the fans think we're stuck with the cunt.

There's a tiny slither of hope it's brinkmanship with all these different account of events coming out. I'm in denial that the scumbag is here forever.

It’s not denial, the scumbag is here forever.

Nope, he's got a price, and it's not up for negotiation.

Really think Ashley has and his advisers have made a fool of themselves this time. Not the first time they have been fools but this time, they really do look stupid. Just hope PCP just come in and give him a higher offer and he accepts. This is a painstakingly tiresome saga tbh.

I think his statement last night should have made it crystal clear honestly, he’s rejected the offer they’ve made in typical Ashley fashion.

This is how he conducts his business.

There's a tiny slither of hope it's brinkmanship with all these different account of events coming out. I'm in denial that the scumbag is here forever.

It’s not denial, the scumbag is here forever.

Nope, he's got a price, and it's not up for negotiation.

It is, only the negotiation is only ever going to go up, not down.

So basically, we're back to the whole spend what we generate business model, with Ashley taking the majority to pay himself back, whilst ignoring all of the free advertising. The very best we can hope for is that we stay in the league, Ashley pays himself back all of the loans, then we generate enough money through the TV deal etc to stay up each year. However, it needs Rafa to stay, which isn't going to happen.

His actions seem to be of someone who had a lot riding on this.

Amanda Staveley isn't looking too good out of this either. We started the season quite well despite no real investment this summer. It was in or around the rumour of the takeover that our form dipped.

If she gave a shit about the club (as a prospective new owner) , why would she have let this drag on for months over a measly 50 million.

If PCP's portfolio is several billion, this would be pocket change to her and her investors.

I have no sympathy for Mike Ashley but i think he's tried to sell the club to someone who he thought had the clout to take it off his hands..

'a measly 50 million' :lol:

That measly £50m might be a sizable chunk of the transfer fund they intended to give Rafa.

As stated already, they have seen the books, and valued the club as such with all given risks.

He probably thought he was selling to a group who had bottomless pockets, and would just stump up his inflated price tag, paying off his original purchase price, plus debts/loans, and still give him a sizeable profit.