Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Essentially we know fuck all about the situation. And that's why dodgey business men like Mike Ashley buy football clubs - they're cash cows where anything goes.

Cash cows are business which produce stable, predicatable and high-quality cashflows. Football clubs rarely are and NUFC certainly isn't.

MA is not beyond sharp practice, there are plenty of stories out there, but if he needs to extract cash from NUFC, he can. He just repays a bit of the shareholder loan. He's not going to set up a convoluted Balti pie scheme for a few grand. With the merchendise, almost certainly SD providing the service will ensure greater profits. The only question is how these are shared.

All of these are minor points, the real issue is that the club has utterly failed to exploit its commercial potential and continues to run itself with a skeleton crew operating at the whim of a barely interested control freak.

It wouldn't surprise me to find out Ashley was siphoning every available penny out of the club, including the Balti pies. However you are correct, the main point is exploiting the club to advertise his tat brand without compensation. Interest free loans he owes to himself are a smoke screen for multi-million pound advertising for free on a worldwide stage, this is what needs to be addressed if we are to compete at a higher level.

The article included suggestions that Ashley was a “supreme leader”, that he was “in charge of what many regard as a rogue institution”, that his “inner circle is packed with family members and toadies”, that he “routinely flouts the norms of good behaviour and sticks two fingers up at his critics”, and that he was a “relative lightweight, but has run circles around his much more powerful enemies”.

Sounds all too familiar to us. We're his critics and he's been sticking 2 fingers up to us for 10 years now. He ran rings around most, including Rafa and Staveley that he was open to selling the club when all along it was a joke to him. He's not leaving of his own free will anytime at all.

Don't know whether its the world cup or not but I'm really struggling to care about the club at the minute, theres no hope under this clown of an owner.

Just on holiday and met a fellow Toon fan. We started to talk about the club and I went in to my usual Mike Ashley rant, the guy completely disagreed with me saying how he has saved the club from financial ruin since took over. :anguish:

Just gobsmacked how people end up with these views where Ashley isn't the bad guy and some sort saviour.

Just on holiday and met a fellow Toon fan. We started to talk about the club and I went in to my usual Mike Ashley rant, the guy completely disagreed with me saying how he has saved the club from financial ruin since took over. :anguish:

Just gobsmacked how people end up with these views where Ashley isn't the bad guy and some sort saviour.

internet good in prison?

The article included suggestions that Ashley was a “supreme leader”, that he was “in charge of what many regard as a rogue institution”, that his “inner circle is packed with family members and toadies”, that he “routinely flouts the norms of good behaviour and sticks two fingers up at his critics”, and that he was a “relative lightweight, but has run circles around his much more powerful enemies”.

Sounds all too familiar to us. We're his critics and he's been sticking 2 fingers up to us for 10 years now. He ran rings around most, including Rafa and Staveley that he was open to selling the club when all along it was a joke to him. He's not leaving of his own free will anytime at all.

Don't know whether its the world cup or not but I'm really struggling to care about the club at the minute, theres no hope under this clown of an owner.

Definitely the World Cup for me. Going to be depressing as shit when the WC sub-forum disappears and all we have is this section again.

internet good in prison?

?

Don't get it mate.

Definitely the World Cup for me. Going to be depressing as shit when the WC sub-forum disappears and all we have is this section again.

Im hoping its not the reason but it probably is. On a side note I didn't even know there was a world cup subsection, off to have a little gander  :lol:

Guest Howaythetoon

Sadly there are a lot of fans and indeed former players who believe Ashley is some kind of hero for keeping us from doing a Leeds...

That’s what he and his cronies and the likes of Pardew have done to large parts of our fan base and parts of the media though over the years, lowered standards so low that not being relegated from the PL is considered an achievement and about our level.

Our level is the level KK and Sir John Hall had us at, that’s what our club is capable of and what every fan should not so much insist we aim towards, but at least have some fucking hope that we can reach such heights because we can. I’ll always hold our club up to that level personally.

If only we had an owner who thought like that...

We have the manager!

It’s all far too quiet and for that reason I’m not as concerned as last season. Most important was to get Dubravka signed up on the reported tiny fee we negotiated. Done already.

Also Rafa made it very public very early on that he wasn’t being backed, last summer was horrible. None of that now.

There hasn’t been one credible transfer rumour either from any of the news sites. The club are playing it close to the chest. By this stage last year I’m pretty sure Lejeune and Murphy had been written about plenty and it was already out here that we were going to get that Chelsea lad on loan but then didn’t thank fuck.

Why is nothing happening?!

- Nothing new on the sale of the club!

- Nothing new on Rafas contract!

- Nothing new on the transferbudget!

- Nothing new on any signings!

- Nothing new on the Beardsley situation!

Nothing new - same shit every season!

Why is nothing ever happening when Ashley is at the club. No information on anything. Can't belive he can be aloud to run the club the way he does without the fans getting more on his back and protest more against him.

We have a great manager now but if he is not backed he will probably leave. If not now, he will probably leave after next season. Would take it if Rafa left the club now so Ashley could understand what a misstake he is doing by not backing him now. Because then the value of the club would definatly go down.

Back Rafa NOW or leave our club NOW!

ASHLEY OUT!!!

I think the main reason is this Justin Barnes bloke.. he got more involved in the January window of the McClaren season. We signed players no problem during that summer, but when he got involved everything slowed to a stop and hasnt changed since.

I think the main reason is this Justin Barnes bloke.. he got more involved in the January window of the McClaren season. We signed players no problem during that summer, but when he got involved everything slowed to a stop and hasnt changed since.

He hasn't been involved that long, he first started getting involved in January transfer window in the Championship.

Even if it is Barnes he’s doing it at Ashley’s behest. We would do well to focus on the asshole at the top and ignore the meat shields in between.

Exactly. He's just a hired headkicker (for the despot cunt on the left) imported from Sports Direct's inner sanctum

26sIt0Y.jpg

Why is nothing happening?!

- Nothing new on the sale of the club!

- Nothing new on Rafas contract!

- Nothing new on the transferbudget!

- Nothing new on any signings!

- Nothing new on the Beardsley situation!

Nothing new - same shit every season!

Why is nothing ever happening when Ashley is at the club. No information on anything. Can't belive he can be aloud to run the club the way he does without the fans getting more on his back and protest more against him.

We have a great manager now but if he is not backed he will probably leave. If not now, he will probably leave after next season. Would take it if Rafa left the club now so Ashley could understand what a misstake he is doing by not backing him now. Because then the value of the club would definatly go down.

Back Rafa NOW or leave our club NOW!

ASHLEY OUT!!!

As much as I despise Ashley and his lack of thought process I am really glad we have little information. I'd fucking hate it if we had a Ricky Tan or Stewart Donald type in charge who pandered to the info starved dribblers on Twitter.

These days it's not unlike us to sign Jimmy Random from FC Shitistan with no rumours in the press.

Guest Howaythetoon

There has been no real info about tickets or new shirts or anything, it’s like a ghost town at SJP and it’s pathetic.

Barely any clubs are doing business yet. Nothing to be worried about this time.

The issue I have with this is that there's no reason to wait for every target, surely?

Rafa is, historically, someone who likes to get his business done early. Of course we've got until the start of the season, but comparing us to the other clubs barely doing any business is dangerous because we don't match what other clubs do even when we are 'spending'.

Guest ElCid

When you have got a owner who doesn’t give a fuck and the most useless prick in charge of doing the transfers then nothing will ever change same story year after year