Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

We’re light years behind even promoted teams now who are showing willing and ambition to compete. How many other managers of clubs in the PL have, in this window, had to admit they’ve not got a penny to work with. It’s fucking embarrassing. But for Rafa this ship would sink without a trace.

So the path Mike Ashley has chosen is don't do anything Rafa wants to improve NUFC, Rafa leaves at the end of his contract, the morale collapses, players want to leave, fans give up, NUFC are relegated, Ashley thinks he can buy a team to win the Championship (like promotion is guaranteed) regardless of which manager he employs, etc.

This coming season may be a struggle but it will be nothing compared to the seasons which follow.

This prick released eighty fucking million for Steve McfuckingLaren when that somewhat meant something and he won't give Rafa Benitez half of that. :lol:

This absolute spunk monkey must be due a heart attack, ffs.

So the path Mike Ashley has chosen is don't do anything Rafa wants to improve NUFC, Rafa leaves at the end of his contract, the morale collapses, players want to leave, fans give up, NUFC are relegated, Ashley thinks he can buy a team to win the Championship (like promotion is guaranteed) regardless of which manager he employs, etc.

This coming season may be a struggle but it will be nothing compared to the seasons which follow.

Important (imo) that we stay down, or suffer back-to-back relegations, because it's uncharted territory for Ashley. He's set us to be a zombie club (which merely survives..... and will burn a world class manager when there's a disconnect re:ambition) in the top flight, and so far he's had it easy (when we've dropped) by shoveling funds from his own pocket (to clean up his mess) springing back up at the first attempt.

It's a scenario we haven't seen yet, to affect the reluctant seller ie. Sports Direct United anchored beneath the PL with bottomed-out ST sales & attendances, after repeated gamble/cash injections (to gain promotion) have blown up in his face.

Shoveling funds from his own pocket? Plunging the club in more debt more like.

Anyway, as I’ve suggested before, Rafa should have given Ashley an ultimatum this summer while he holds all the aces: back me/sell up or I walk. Shame he apparently hasn’t.

Anyway, as I’ve suggested before, Rafa should have given Ashley an ultimatum this summer while he holds all the aces: back me/sell up or I walk. Shame he apparently hasn’t.

Not sure why you think he should walk out on his contract early at his own expense.  He basically is saying that, but he's a professional and doing it the right way imo.  Back me or I'll not extend my contract.

Not sure why you think he should walk out on his contract early at his own expense.  He basically is saying that, but he's a professional and doing it the right way imo.  Back me or I'll not extend my contract.

constructive dismissal route?

assuming this window goes the way it appears it will then i'd like to at least think rafa might start piping up a bit more publicly against the club narrative...that's the only thing that's going to get through to the majority of our shit-thick fans like, if someone like rafa starts to publicly question the narrative

can't see it though

Rafa will let it all out when he decides to leave. Hope that would be a precursor to anti-MA protests, however unlikely it may be.

can see him getting narky when injuries etc. start biting us and he's being questioned by the press, hopefully he starts to publicly question why other clubs can spend money and we can't etc.

Rafa Benitez isn't the only manager out there capable of keeping Newcastle in the Premier League. We'll appoint someone else, tread water and Ashley will wonder why he ever bothered with a manager who wanted progress. I've said this before but I honestly wouldn't be surprised if he sacks him a few weeks into the season. He clearly has no intention of selling the club so what's his motivating for keeping a non-compliant dissenter?

Aimed at anyone who understands the accounts (Matt?) but how do you suggest the TV money is going to be hidden in the next accounts released? There's no way he's going to risk the club making a huge profit, and unless we're paying the three new players £400k a week, there's no way that the wage bill has increased.

Guest chopey

Rafa Benitez isn't the only manager out there capable of keeping Newcastle in the Premier League. We'll appoint someone else, tread water and Ashley will wonder why he ever bothered with a manager who wanted progress. I've said this before but I honestly wouldn't be surprised if he sacks him a few weeks into the season. He clearly has no intention of selling the club so what's his motivating for keeping a non-compliant dissenter?

Pardew or Big Sam

Aimed at anyone who understands the accounts (Matt?) but how do you suggest the TV money is going to be hidden in the next accounts released? There's no way he's going to risk the club making a huge profit, and unless we're paying the three new players £400k a week, there's no way that the wage bill has increased.

It cannot be hidden. But if, for example, Ashley uses the tv money to repay his loan it won’t affect the stated profit at all. It will just reduce the company’s debt liability to him. I have no idea if he will do that but this is just to make the point that it can’t disappear from the accounts.

There doesn't seem much hunger for action against this cunt. It's no good waiting for Rafa to go before people get worked up.

When did we become so soft? Drag the fat shit out of his mansion and beat him to death like Gaddaffi's final moments... or just some Ashley Out leaflets or whatever.  :lol:

There doesn't seem much hunger for action against this cunt. It's no good waiting for Rafa to go before people get worked up.

When did we become so soft? Drag the fat shit out of his mansion and beat him to death like Gaddaffi's final moments... or just some Ashley Out leaflets or whatever.  :lol:

He has done it for almost 10 years now and no one seems to fussed, put Souness in the dug out and its like the Gaul's rampaging through Rome.

I like many others said they'd do as Rafa asked and back up which I've done by continuing my season ticket what looks to be one more season. My season ticket hasn't increased like many others as I was in the 10 year deal. If Rafa goes next season and Ashley stays then my season ticket wont be being renewed.

It cannot be hidden. But if, for example, Ashley uses the tv money to repay his loan it won’t affect the stated profit at all. It will just reduce the company’s debt liability to him. I have no idea if he will do that but this is just to make the point that it can’t disappear from the accounts.

Stop talking sense, quayside!

Ashley put money into NUFC on both occasions, he repaid himself the first time after the Carroll sale, we'll have to wait to see if the same thing has happened this time- it could be one reason why there is such limited funds this summer. He didn't plunge the club into debt, this was just the mechanism of him putting more money in and out.

Thanks. Wasn't suggesting he was going to funnel it out, I was just wondering what creative accounting he could use. I'd kinda prefer if he did come out and say that he's repaying the loan to be honest. I don't want the club to be in any debt to that wanker.

He didn’t plunge us into debt that is correct however his gross mis management which had led to Two relegations and a decrease in commercial revenue must equate to the amount he’s put in at least. That’s before we talk about all the free advertising.

Clutching at straws but could Ashley be holding funds for next summer for some reason? Rafa says he'll walk then all of a sudden there'll be a great lump of money for him to spend that for some reason isn't/can't be there this summer

Yeah wishful thinking :lol: