Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

If Ashley started paying the going rate for his SD tat around the ground, this summer would be the first sign of us actually maximising our income. Season ticket pricing increases for the first time in years, tapping into the Far East market...just the sponsorship side left.

The not upgrading the training ground facilities is one of the most annoying things. He won't pay the going rate for players. Therefore the youth set up and 'grow your own' becomes even more important yet he won't let the club pay for it out of it's own money.

Logic never seems to apply to Mike Ashley's NUFC thinking.

Yep, every year he's here we fall further behind, meaning more time and money would be needed just to bring the club facilities up to date, let alone create something groundbreaking or market-leading. But we're still worth £400 million or whatever according to some.

Guest chopey

Ashley is as happy as a pig in shit, he owns a Premier league football club that costs him nothing to run, not even his time. I think he bases his model on what Joe Lewis does at Spurs but instead of employing a team of professionals to run everything in the club from catering to commercial income Ashley gives one bloke £150k a year to do the lot ..............badly, my biggest reason to hate Ashley is the fact he has made us cheap and chatty with Sports Direct stickers papering over the cracks. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/business-44657998

15:43

Just the incentive England needs

One of the benefits of England winning the World Cup - apart from a nation's pure, unadulterated joy - is the chance to win a free t-shirt from Mike Ashley.

The founder and chief executive of Sports Direct and owner of Newcastle United Football Club, has won the rights to make shirts with the official Three Lions logo, emblazoned with the words "2018 Winners" underneath it.

"The only limit on how many we can give away will be how fast we can get them printed," said a spokesman for Sports Direct.

Form an orderly queue folks.

One of the benefits of England winning the World Cup - apart from a nation's pure, unadulterated joy - is the chance to win a free t-shirt from Mike Ashley.

The founder and chief executive of Sports Direct and owner of Newcastle United Football Club, has won the rights to make shirts with the official Three Lions logo, emblazoned with the words "2018 Winners" underneath it.

"The only limit on how many we can give away will be how fast we can get them printed," said a spokesman for Sports Direct.

:anguish:

Don't wish Shit Direct to gain any more exposure ie. have to download SD's app, to be eligible. Fuck England - I'll be cheering for the opposition from now on, to spite Ashley's marketing gamble (at this WC).

I would love to do that  :lol:

Don't you realise how much that hurts?

I did it accidentally when I was at school, not quite from that height but it knocked the wind right out of me and I'd avoid doing it again at all costs.  :lol:

I would love to do that  :lol:

Don't you realise how much that hurts?

I did it accidentally when I was at school, not quite from that height but it knocked the wind right out of me and I'd avoid doing it again at all costs.  :lol:

Only thought about the physical impact once I had sent the post  :lol: