Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The worry is and has been for yonks now is that we actively avoid buying, which in this day and age is a ludicrous thing to do, spending the bare minimum means you just about standstill. Doing that when you have a manager like Rafa is even more mental.

Feels like Ashley is getting even tighter with the clubs money. Could see us spending fuck all bar a couple of loans whilst selling some players we didn’t really use last season. Weirdly I think we’d be better off for it, but if Rafa walks we will drop like a stone. He needs to spend so if he does go he’s a decent enough squad to cope with the disappointment then to attract a decent manager.

Because he wins either way, we get relegated solely down to his mis management and all he is does it make the club foot the bill, even if he had any intention of selling you can be sure the debts the club have accrued during his ownership would need to be paid.

If we don’t get relegated then he runs us on a short string and enjoys the free advertising, which I think we can all agree is his play here.

Because he wins either way, we get relegated solely down to his mis management and all he is does it make the club foot the bill, even if he had any intention of selling you can be sure the debts the club have accrued during his ownership would need to be paid.

If we don’t get relegated then he runs us on a short string and enjoys the free advertising, which I think we can all agree is his play here.

but why bother to go to the effort?  why not just leave things be, let it run itself...still get the free advertising and keep alive the possibility that rafa might improve the status of the club so much that he does get a daft offer

hate him

Because it’s more profitable this way, he wants to have his cake and eat it but for him, the other scenarios aren’t bad.

And please remember anytime anyone mentions the free advertising he’s had after all these years the counter is the well he has financed the clubs debt yada yada. Basically the media fall over themselves to tell us what a great favour he’s done and a lot of people swallow this load of shit.

That doesn't add up. No one will buy the club if it has massive debts owing to him. He will have to clear them like short had to, especially since the debt is to himself.

That doesn't add up. No one will buy the club if it has massive debts owing to him. He will have to clear them like short had to, especially since the debt is to himself.

GWWA.  He has no intention of selling, man.

Exactly that’s the point, he doesn’t want to sell and if he ever does sell it will either be for a massive profit OR a doomsday scenario such is relegation without us getting back up at the first time of asking.

Alternatively we can hope sports direct into financial problems and he has to sell assests accordingly.

I’d say if you looked into the accounts deeply. Club through Sports shop etc or warehousing. If you really investigated the money trail. You’d find that the club have been indirectly propping up house of Fraser or some other bullshit.

They can show Rafa a spreadsheet and say here’s your lot. But you can be guaranteed it’s not the real picture.

Why the club don’t just pay on deferred structures like other clubs is daft. Especially in our situation.

Ashley likes it whatever way it’s set up and he doesn’t want anyone wrecking his perfect little advertising machine.

I’d say if you looked into the accounts deeply. Club through Sports shop etc or warehousing. If you really investigated the money trail. You’d find that the club have been indirectly propping up house of Fraser

Fantasy nonsense.

As much as I hate him, he's not using the club to prop up House of Fraser ffs.

Guest neesy111

I’d say if you looked into the accounts deeply. Club through Sports shop etc or warehousing. If you really investigated the money trail. You’d find that the club have been indirectly propping up house of Fraser

Fantasy nonsense.

As much as I hate him, he's not using the club to prop up House of Fraser ffs.

Yeap.

He's certainly using the club for marketing SD etc on the cheap, but HoF no chance.

The not upgrading the training ground facilities is one of the most annoying things. He won't pay the going rate for players. Therefore the youth set up and 'grow your own' becomes even more important yet he won't let the club pay for it out of it's own money.

Logic never seems to apply to Mike Ashley's NUFC thinking.

He does own 11% of HoF, mind. It's not completely outlandish. Consider he spent £40m "of his own money" on Debenhams shares either last summer once the PL money was inbound also.

His stratergy has and always will be to buy shares when companies are struggling. He does so when the share price is super low so he can increase his shares and also controlling interest in the company for the least money possible. If they fail he snaps them up on the cheap into his empire. He is doing this with Debenhams and has started with HoF. He would never prop them up as he wants them to fail so he cant take them over in the way he did with USC etc

I’d say if you looked into the accounts deeply. Club through Sports shop etc or warehousing. If you really investigated the money trail. You’d find that the club have been indirectly propping up house of Fraser or some other bullshit.

They can show Rafa a spreadsheet and say here’s your lot. But you can be guaranteed it’s not the real picture.

Why the club don’t just pay on deferred structures like other clubs is daft. Especially in our situation.

Ashley likes it whatever way it’s set up and he doesn’t want anyone wrecking his perfect little advertising machine.

I'd say almost certainly not the case that he'd be using club revenue to fund anything other than the running of the club. Yes, he's clearly using the brand power/affiliation for the wider benefit of his business portfolio and likely the sponsorship deals are on incredibly favourable terms but that's about as far as it would I'd think.

Not least because it's in his interests to have the club ran at a profit if he's even vaguely interested in selling it.