Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

One explanation for the unwillingness to spend could be that he is looking to collect his debt before selling the club, essentially increasing value he gets out of it by £100m. Although, the most likely explanation is that he's just a sociopath with a grudge.

They aren’t mutually exclusive

Why the fuck would any player in their right mind want to join this shitshow of a club?

Getting to a point now where I'm actively wanting Rafa, Lascelles, ect to leave and join a decently run team because they're too good for this bollocks.

Fuck that, we'd be dead in the water then. We need them to keep ramping the pressure up.

We are dead in the water anyhow regardless. We need our fans to start ramping the pressure up first before expecting our manager too

Nah.

So we won't do it ourselves but expect someone who isn't even a Newcastle fan to do it for us? Ok

They have huge capacity to affect change from within and to set the tone for us to follow, alternatively they both have the capacity to leave and be the spark to rouse the masses.

By the way, all this ranting on a forum, have you ever done anything personally to change things at NUFC?

Leaving and being the spark to maybe rouse the zombies is the best thing they could do.

Yes I don't go to games anymore sacrificing what i used to do and enjoy on a Saturday and educate braindead morons on social media.

Smashing, it’s something I suppose. Having much success?

Look, I appreciate you’re fuming about things and I totally understand, but turning that anger into something productive is essential. Nobody is going to follow someone being aggressive and calling them braindead, retards, etc.

There needs to be a way to effectively harness the anger people have, but my feeling is that there aren’t enough people who are angry enough (yet). There will be soon, though, just takes some a lot longer to get there.

Rich has nailed it. Stop taking it out on fans and direct your anger towards Ashley productively. Have you joined the magpiegroup? I assume you will be attending the protest on Saturday?

This has to be the time fans come togther. Now or never.

Guest covmag

Rich has nailed it. Stop taking it out on fans and direct your anger towards Ashley productively. Have you joined the magpiegroup? I assume you will be attending the protest on Saturday?

must agree, calling out fans is shite, get them on your side and use them  O0

Fair points. I follow them on Facebook, how do you actually join?

I live 200 miles away now for work and usually I plan to go home on weekends when Newcastle are at home but as I'm not going to the match on Saturday I don't know if I will be in the north east this weekend. If I am i will go and I'm more than happy to join in anything that is happening. I would be happy going up Newcastle for the day out still but instead of going to the match attending any protests that are happening.

I agree it's now or never and people won't be as angry as us or realise how bad things are until Rafa goes. Maybe not even then.

must agree, calling out fans is shite, get them on your side and use them  O0

True. It just infuriates me seeing them videos like the Newcastle fan tv one the other night of clueless people not willing to stop going and the majority of them thinking there is nothing wrong.

I used to go to most homes and about 8 aways a season until 2013 when I said that's me done until Ashley goes.

When Benitez came I started going again as I thought if he is here it means things are been done correctly. I couldn't have been more wrong about that. I went to about 20 games in the championship season as I really thought once we go up we would be making a go of it ( what a fool)

Last season living away meant a matchday was the only time I would see some of my mates and I looked forward to it and I also went to Swansea, Southampton, Arsenal and Palace. Gave the benefit of the doubt last summer as we were newly promoted but there is no excuse for this summers joke.

Thanks to Ashley in the space of less than a year I have gone from getting the train to Swansea away on my own loving it to contemplating not even watching our first game of the season on telly.

I'm trying not to care and wish I could walk away but I have put too much in to do that which is why it frustrates me seeing these support the team not the regime types

Guest firetotheworks

Leaving and being the spark to maybe rouse the zombies is the best thing they could do.

Yes I don't go to games anymore sacrificing what i used to do and enjoy on a Saturday and educate braindead morons on social media.

Here's a tip, people who you're trying to educate generally won't want to learn anything from anyone calling them a moron.

Edit: It's already been covered. [emoji38]

Newcastle United’s players remain locked in a row with Mike Ashley over bonuses and are refusing to fulfil any media commitments until the club’s owner resolves the matter.

With Newcastle facing a potential fine from the Premier League occasioned by the breach of contractual obligations to broadcast rights holders, it hardly represents the ideal overture to their opening Premier League game at home to Tottenham Hotspur on Saturday. The club’s hierarchy faced considerable embarrassment when television reporters, camera crew and photographers turned up at the training ground on Monday for a supposed “open day”.

Under an agreement with the Premier League Newcastle’s players were legally obliged to make themselves available to rights holders including Sky.

Ignoring this structure, they instead refused requests to film the “walk up shots” which are used by television companies to identify individual players when they display so called “green screen” formation graphics before live games.

Rafael Benítez’s squad have been here before. Indeed last summer they reached an agreement with Ashley and Lee Charnley, Newcastle’s managing director, over win bonuses and other incentive-linked payments shortly before the start of the 2017-18 season.

With the Spurs game now getting close, Benítez trusts things will soon be sorted out but, in the meantime, his players are declining all requests to speak to newspaper journalists and have even shunned the club’s in-house television station.

Under Premier League rules the matter must be settled before the lunchtime kick-off on Saturday and it will be interesting to see if it takes another personal intervention from Ashley before a compromise is reached. Last summer the owner stepped in to negotiate directly with Jamaal Lascelles, Newcastle’s captain, after it seemed an impasse with Charnley and the rest of the board could not be broken.

In that instance Lascelles – high on Marco Silva’s Everton shopping list – finally agreed the squad would divide £4m between them were the squad to retain Premier League status, plus an extra £1m for every position they finished above the relegation zone. As Benítez’s side ended up in 10th place they made a collective sum of around £11m.

Although the Premier League is within its rights to fine Newcastle for Monday’s breach of rules it appears to be hoping that a compromise will be reached and the shots needed for the Spurs game – to be screened by Sky – will be obtained in time. Should the row escalate, though, the club can expect sanction.

By way of compounding Newcastle’s problems Benítez has said senior professionals share his concerns about the lack of first-team reinforcements signed this summer. The Spaniard is operating under a sell‑to‑buy policy after Ashley declined to furnish him with the £45m he had originally expected.

Benítez has, however, finally secured the signature of his principal attacking target, the West Bromwich Albion striker Salomón Rondón. The striker moves to Tyneside in a loan swap deal which takes Dwight Gayle to the Hawthorns. Benítez said: “We knew how important experience would be. Salomón has been in the Premier League for a while and he knows how demanding it is.”

Newcastle have also made a £10m offer for Stanley N’Soki, Paris Saint‑Germain’s 19-year-old left‑back and remain in the market for a centre-half.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/aug/06/newcastle-united-media-ban-over-bonuses?CMP=share_btn_tw

nice

It just shows how little we actually do expect and what we would be fairly happy with. Even if he gave Rafa 20m which is still peanuts in this market plus what he got in sales that would be 65m. Leaving us with 45m left now.

That could have been Bryan, maia and plea. Add them to Rondon, Kenedy, ki, schar and dubravka and I think most people would be content and there would certainly be no protests or grief heading his way.

20m net spend at a club like ours to push on and we couldn't even manage that. Pathetic

So if players don't fulfill media obligations, the club gets fined and not them?

As you were, lads. Good work. :clap: Although you can guarantee the fat cunt would see no irony in trying to deduct the value of any fines from future bonus negotiations.

Booked me train ticket up for Saturday. Looking forward to being part of the protest, whatever it comprises.

Good work, Yorkie. Would love to get up for a protest if this doesn't peter out before I have both the free weekend and money.

So if players don't fulfill media obligations, the club gets fined and not them?

As you were, lads. Good work. :clap: Although you can guarantee the fat cunt would see no irony in trying to deduct the value of any fines from future bonus negotiations.

I’d imagine the club will fine the players and will become a viscous circle

I’d imagine the club will fine the players and will become a viscous circle

Surely the players association should be stepping in to try and arrange an agreement?

Guest chopey

So the staff hate Ashley, as do the management, as do the fans and he seems like a pretty shallow person so this must be getting to him.

So the staff hate Ashley, as do the management, as do the fans and he seems like a pretty shallow person so this must be getting to him.

Yeah because he's made his living from being popular.