Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

All bids are, "take it or leave it". Until the next, "take it or leave it" offer comes in.

She was hardly going to say, "this is my first bid".

Given her last attempt @ Liverpool, this may not be the case. It may be genuine.

All bids are, "take it or leave it". Until the next, "take it or leave it" offer comes in.

She was hardly going to say, "this is my first bid".

Given her last attempt @ Liverpool, this may not be the case. It may be genuine.

That's Liverpool though.

I don't care how resilient you are. Imagine picking up the phone daily to talk negotiations and you have to listen to a scouse accent on the other end for hours. Fuck that.

That doesn't sound good.

As has been said plenty already, 14 or 15 hours ago they didnt even know about the bid, now they all seem to have every detail.

Dont believe the headlines. #Wait

Definitely been leaked by one party or the other to try and create movement/add pressure.

Also; seems like that Daily Star journalist was accurate.

That doesn't sound good.

As has been said plenty already, 14 or 15 hours ago they didnt even know about the bid, now they all seem to have every detail.

Definitely been leaked by one party or the other to try and create movement/add pressure.

Also; seems like that Daily Star journalist was accurate.

He said the takeover would be complete last week. ???

Aye, you don’t make your first bid and say you’re willing to increase by 20% if it’s not good enough.

Incidentally I came on here to warn people that the media will be making stories on this and it would likely not be positive as these stories will be earning them clicks. We are going to have to see through the bullshit a bit over the next few days or even weeks and realise that on one side of the deal we have a woman who’s job is to buy companies, and on the other we have a greedy fucker who does want to sell up, but also wants to take everything away from the deal that he can. Both will have known that the first offer isn’t where the deal is going to be made, but will know where they are heading in order to make a deal.

Keith Downie has tweeted that talks are ongoing and both sides are confident an agreement will be reached. One thing he said was that PCP want to add a relegation clause where they will be compensated if it happens this season. Seems a bit strange to me if the takeover happens before January and they haven't bought enough players to stay up then is a bit cheeky to say here Ashley give us some money back man.

According to the Independent, the funding may be coming from the Far East, not the Middle East, which does not suggest a sugardaddy in the wings. And as we're talking about a managed fund, it's likely that those investors will expect some sort of return on their money.

I think if it wasn't for Ashley's unpopularity, the mood music on here would be quite different.

They won't make a return on their money unless they run us correctly, as we'll be in the Championship missing the sky money.

Either way, I want Ashley gone, full stop.

Genuine question. Which owner of a football club has made any profit on it?

I'd be worried about any potential owners who saw the club as an opportunity to make money. Even with the rise of the TV deals, that's just going to push up the player costs with it. Breaking even or making a very modest profit are medium term goals. There are much better things to invest £300m + into if a good return on the investment is the main reason behind the investment.

Keith Downie has tweeted that talks are ongoing and both sides are confident an agreement will be reached. One thing he said was that PCP want to add a relegation clause where they will be compensated if it happens this season. Seems a bit strange to me if the takeover happens before January and they haven't bought enough players to stay up then is a bit cheeky to say here Ashley give us some money back man.

If we do down after a frustrating January even with money to burn then the seeds would have been sown in the summer's transfer debacle.

That doesn't sound good.

TBF in the replies on the tweet Douglas does say the information is coming from the Times (Not Caulkin) and he doubts "take it or leave it" is right.

It depends on the price they offered.  If it is as low as under 200m then obviously they are concerned.

P.s. We really dunno whether 300m is real or what the component is, could be lots of conditional payments.