Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I've been aware of some news around this takeover for a little while. It's genuine.

Whether it will happen or not I cannot say because Ashley but I can say with 100% certainty that Kenyon and a consortium have been heavily engaged in the process for a while.

I made a handful of people on here aware of this about a few weeks ago, I'm sure they will vouch for me.....

I've been aware of some news around this takeover for a little while. It's genuine.

Whether it will happen or not I cannot say because Ashley but I can say with 100% certainty that Kenyon and a consortium have been heavily engaged in the process for a while.

I made a handful of people on here aware of this about a few weeks ago, I'm sure they will vouch for me.....

Well I'm glad to have chosen to believe.  :frantic:

Plz don't.

I vouch!

https://news.sky.com/story/house-of-fraser-to-shut-four-stores-after-failure-to-lower-rents-11554031

Mr Ashley said the stores face closing in the New Year.

He added: "I urge other institutional landlords to be more proactive to help save the HoF stores in their schemes."

or: "Give me a good deal or I'll shut the shops and it'll be everyone's fault but mine."

https://news.sky.com/story/house-of-fraser-to-shut-four-stores-after-failure-to-lower-rents-11554031

He added: "I urge other institutional landlords to be more proactive to help save the HoF stores in their schemes."

or: "Give me a good deal or I'll shut the shops and it'll be everyone's fault but mine."

That's exactly what he's saying. Picked it up on the cheap and chucked his toys out of the pram straight away. Fucking fatso. I hope they all turn on him and tell him to fuck right off.

The owner of Metrocentre is INTU who are also their landlord at other sites so I'd be very worried if I was an employee at another INTU owned centre.

Guest firetotheworks

He's so full of shit regardless. When the council refused to change the street signs in Newcastle to include 'Sports Direct Arena @ St James' Park' he threatened to close SD on Northumberland St and AFAIK the council's response was something along the lines of 'please do!' and obviously he did fuck all. His whole 'It's your own fault if you don't save yourself from me' bollocks is so fucking thick it's unreal.

The owner of Metrocentre is INTU who are also their landlord at other sites so I'd be very worried if I was an employee at another INTU owned centre.

I'm pretty sure Lakeside is another INTU place too and that's one of the other closures.

It is mate. Land Securities operate Bluewater over the bridge there too. This has a large HoF. Hopefully they'll tell him to poke it.

He'd previously pulled all SD stores out of Intu too hasn't he? Definitely in Eldon Square and the Metrocentre anyway, won't be long before the rest follow.

Didn't know that but would make sense. The majority shareholders in INTU aren't likely to be scared off by him. They're big boys who've been around retail for many years and will have no compunction in falling out with Ashley.

INTU tend to operate decent assets too rather than out of town retail parks which is where he tends to wind up in glorified airplane hangers.

I should imagine he doesn't want the huge service charge bills of shopping centres and they probably don't want his demographic in their footfall so I should think it's a win/win in him fucking off.