Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Heard yesterday that a deal to sell the club has been agreed and will be announced on the 5th December at the Everton game. My brother told me that Its came from someone high up at the club. Fuck knows if it'll happen. Just thought I'd pass on what I heard. The bloke who told him had been spot on in the past.

I hope you’re contact is correct!

Why would we announce it at an away game and a shitty place like Goodison! Nothing to announce anyway.

Should we hang on to any announcement to see if we can reach the FA cup final and announce it then, saying as its a much better surrounding? :lol:

Not really checked in here yet but if you are all getting your hopes up, you want your heads checked.

All of this stuff is coming from the club and all in the wake of Mike Ashley opening his gob. Huge red flag from me.

The interest will be real, the rest will be bullshit.

More so coming from Caulkins input.

All Caulkins stuff has come from the club aye?

Even so, he had an exclusive with Staveley last year, we saw how that went.

Mike Ashley is involved = Bad News.

Why is there never take over talk in February?

Caulkin info was supposed to come from close to Kenyon.

He hardly looks very sincere in that interview, not that he ever does.

Hard to believe any of this bullshit really. However, given the price now being quoted, it would not surprise me if Ashley has now taken his loans (or most of them) out of the club which might explain the serious lack of spending, especially this season and the profits made.

If he has, that certainly puts us in a more likely position to be sold.

One can only hope!

Those loans mean nothing in terms of selling.  Actually it's better for him have those loans than use clubs money to pay them back for tax purposes.

They are interest free (apparently) so not sure how he will have any personal tax implications as he has made no gains - its his money.  Loan repayments are not operating costs hence, they have no impact on company tax so again see no reason for the club not to repay before being sold - one less liability to factor into a deal??

Trying not to get excited but it's bloody difficult. Hope it is Kenyon because I think he was very instrumental in developing the commercial side at Chelsea.. Ha can probably see beyond having SD boards around the ground

Why would we announce it at an away game and a shitty place like Goodison! Nothing to announce anyway.

Should we hang on to any announcement to see if we can reach the FA cup final and announce it then, saying as its a much better surrounding? :lol:

Apparently they are going to announce it before kick off at the wolves game. All those in attendance getting a free season ticket next year for their loyalty.  - KB.

Don't even mind if the Americans change our name to Toon Army United.

Just get it done lads.

Yep, we can play in 4 quarters, have an advert break every 5 minutes and change the goal to the net-zone if it means Ashley and all his works are purged from the club

Don't even mind if the Americans change our name to Toon Army United.

Just get it done lads.

Yep, we can play in 4 quarters, have an advert break every 5 minutes and change the goal to the net-zone if it means Ashley and all his works are purged from the club

Net-Zone  :lol:

Doesn't matter how genuine any interest is, we all know how Ashley loves moving goalposts.

- The price will shoot up as soon as anyone gets close to it

- He'll insist on the stadium being called "SD Arena" for the next 20 years

- All his free advertising will have to remain until 5 years after the heat death of the universe

And so on

We all know how this ends.

If at all it does turn out to be a parcel...At least its provided a welcome distraction to some dogshit football last weekend

Problem is, this distraction is gonna cause us to get thumped tonight.

I really don't think you can blame tonight 9n that.