Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Their targeting of the Sports Direct (along with the other groups, in fairness) has been really good, absolutely no reason why this shouldn't continue.

Its no surprise to me that, assuming the support is at its most vocal on social media, this is where it seems to have been most effective

Guest firetotheworks

Look at all the energy we’ve put into this.. literally all he did was stutter a few lines out designed to put doubt into a planned protest. Which would have been televised.

It worked. We have no backbone. TMG is not fit for purpose. They should have realised what was happening and got everyone to double down on the protest.

When is our next televised game?

If you watch it again you can tell hes struggling not to laugh

Literally none of TMG's cancellation had anything to do with Ashley's statement.

Their targeting of the Sports Direct (along with the other groups, in fairness) has been really good, absolutely no reason why this shouldn't continue.

Totally agree. He doesn't give two shits about the damage we do to the club. Target his businesses, and all businesses who do business with him. Make his brand utterly toxic.

He's probably thinking it's all blown over. He's possibly right.

Could be back around this time next year when we're deep in the relegation zone under Alan Curbishley.

Ah, a decade on since that joke was first cracked and curbs still only has 2 clubs to his name.

Mark Hughes is a given though.

So no one's bid yet going by the Craig Hope tweet and it's up to them to do so. Well, the fact that this is public and almost every day there's a snippet about the whole thing is tiresome tbh.

Craig Hope isn't on the trusted list is he? I hate it when it's not one of the trusted journos passing comment on twitter.

So no one's bid yet going by the Craig Hope tweet and it's up to them to do so. Well, the fact that this is public and almost every day there's a snippet about the whole thing is tiresome tbh.

Craig Hope isn't on the trusted list is he? I hate it when it's not one of the trusted journos passing comment on twitter.

I think he's usually right with stuff but is melodramatic at times. If it happens, we'll wake up or just be checking Twitter or the news and we'll see the club statement announcing it.

I think the West Ham "incident" or reaction was not preplanned but, more a spur of the moment display of enough is enough from the fans involved.  It certainly escalated quickly.

We are really just one step away...  it would not take much to ignite the potential powder keg that is rumbling just under the surface.  The current take over potential is keeping most people quiet....  last thing we would want any possible new owner to think is "maybe they'll turn on me like this in a year / 5 years time"

Guest firetotheworks

It was only 2 weeks ago that we had fans refusing to take part in a walk in, abusing those that did, and then leaving with 10 minutes to go. That one step is massive. My whole world view would turn upside down if those inside SJP did what the West Ham fans did. I think there's close to 0% chance of it happening, but I'd love it.

Guest The Little Waster

I think the West Ham "incident" or reaction was not preplanned but, more a spur of the moment display of enough is enough from the fans involved.  It certainly escalated quickly.

We are really just one step away...  it would not take much to ignite the potential powder keg that is rumbling just under the surface.  The current take over potential is keeping most people quiet....  last thing we would want any possible new owner to think is "maybe they'll turn on me like this in a year / 5 years time"

There is no powder keg ... there are only 50 000 supine passive sheep

It was only 2 weeks ago that we had fans refusing to take part in a walk in, abusing those that did, and then leaving with 10 minutes to go. That one step is massive. My whole world view would turn upside down if those inside SJP did what the West Ham fans did. I think there's close to 0% chance of it happening, but I'd love it.

Yep. The vast majority of NUFC fans seemingly can’t be bothered at all anymore. Even two years ago there seemed to be more fight than right now. The Magpie Group deserve enormous credit for trying to keep whatever flicker of hope and fire there is going, but the amount of ‘enablers’ to the demolition of this club has grown steadily over the years, sadly. At this stage I wouldn’t even be particularly surprised to see fans turn on Rafa for not signing a new deal before joining in in any form of organised protest.

Guest The Little Waster

What's the punishment for something along the lines of the West Ham "incident"?

Grow up its not going to happen

Guest The Little Waster

alreet ebenezer

If the supine 50 000 havent done owt in 11 years what makes anyone think they will suddenly rise up now ? Face facts there is no takeover and the fans will not be revolting anytime soon . All anyone can do is stop going and putting £ in Ashleys back pocket . You effectively have to stop caring about the fate of Nufc . Do something else with your life ...