Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I don't think it's coincidence the timing of the companies House thing. It's all been done to dampen down enthusiasm about the boycott. He will get away with spending nothing in January again. I just hope he feels the full wrath of anger in the new year

Poor Perez is gonna get it in the neck in the new year then

Hopefully it breaks, the fucking soft cunt.

I don't think it's coincidence the timing of the companies House thing. It's all been done to dampen down enthusiasm about the boycott. He will get away with spending nothing in January again. I just hope he feels the full wrath of anger in the new year

Poor Perez is gonna get it in the neck in the new year then

Hopefully it breaks, the fucking soft cunt.

subtle

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/takeover-talk-real-one-seven-15537812

1. Is this takeover real – or is it a mirage?

To assuage some of the concerns: this is not a Mike Ashley PR power play – there is definitely something going on at Newcastle United.

We are in a period of due diligence for at least one group, there is interest from several others and Peter Kenyon’s consortium is backed by American funds which boast serious wealth. Kenyon – a larger-than-life figure at Manchester United and Chelsea who would certainly bring a totally different approach than the current board – believes that he now has the potential backing to broker a deal.

We know of at least one other serious bidder who has been doing his homework on the club for months. Whether he is one of the other interested groups isn’t clear – and with Non Disclosure Agreements signed by anyone who is a real player in this process, gaining clarity is nigh-on impossible. Even Rafa Benitez is pretty much in the dark, working – as he is – on the assumption that he should just get on with his job and let the takeover run its course.

The general feeling is that the first anyone – even people who work for the club – will know about a deal is when its signed and a statement is released by the club.

But Ashley’s interview last week seems a pretty clear attempt to fast-track the deal before the January transfer window. Ashley wants potential buyers undergoing thorough due diligence to make their move now and the three questions now are: do they have the funds secured to do it, will they be put off by attempts to hurry the process and – finally – are that at a stage where they feel confident they have all the information compiled to do the deal?

Although Ashley is now portraying himself as a willing seller, it will hardly have been a straightforward process for interested buyers. With an ongoing tax case, a manager reaching the end of his deal and commercial and sponsorship contracts to assess, arriving at a valuation and an estimate for how much money will be required to take United forward will have been a long process. If it is a venture capital fund who are taking over, all of these things will need to be done properly as the end game of their investment will be to make money from Newcastle. If it is a single, wealthy buyer it could be done more quickly.

It was the talk of people who work for the club over the weekend that a deal is in the offing and while we can say the same about Amanda Staveley’s failed bid, there is a different feel to this round of talks. Accountants working for investors have poured over the books – something that won’t have come at no cost to a potential investor.

Could it fall through? This is Newcastle. We should have learned by now that anything is possible.

And it is impossible to say anything for certain but multiple sources – some of which are totally independent of the owner himself – are still backing up what Ashley said last week. It doesn’t mean it will definitely happen – Ashley has been close to selling on several previous occasions, only to grow disillusioned with the process – but it does feel like it is now or never for the current attempt to sell.

Such is the mistrust and the clamour for information, frustration with that is understandable. But the potential takeover is more than just self promotion or idle gossip.

Douglas still seems some what confident it's real, no news is good news no?

he's saying due diligence there, is that new info?  can't recall hearing anyone getting that far yet, maybe it was implied :dontknow:

I remember reading at least one group is that far, Kenyon's I think but a bid hasn't been made. Which is what everyone's waiting for apparently.

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/takeover-talk-real-one-seven-15537812

1. Is this takeover real – or is it a mirage?

To assuage some of the concerns: this is not a Mike Ashley PR power play – there is definitely something going on at Newcastle United.

We are in a period of due diligence for at least one group, there is interest from several others and Peter Kenyon’s consortium is backed by American funds which boast serious wealth. Kenyon – a larger-than-life figure at Manchester United and Chelsea who would certainly bring a totally different approach than the current board – believes that he now has the potential backing to broker a deal.

We know of at least one other serious bidder who has been doing his homework on the club for months. Whether he is one of the other interested groups isn’t clear – and with Non Disclosure Agreements signed by anyone who is a real player in this process, gaining clarity is nigh-on impossible. Even Rafa Benitez is pretty much in the dark, working – as he is – on the assumption that he should just get on with his job and let the takeover run its course.

The general feeling is that the first anyone – even people who work for the club – will know about a deal is when its signed and a statement is released by the club.

But Ashley’s interview last week seems a pretty clear attempt to fast-track the deal before the January transfer window. Ashley wants potential buyers undergoing thorough due diligence to make their move now and the three questions now are: do they have the funds secured to do it, will they be put off by attempts to hurry the process and – finally – are that at a stage where they feel confident they have all the information compiled to do the deal?

Although Ashley is now portraying himself as a willing seller, it will hardly have been a straightforward process for interested buyers. With an ongoing tax case, a manager reaching the end of his deal and commercial and sponsorship contracts to assess, arriving at a valuation and an estimate for how much money will be required to take United forward will have been a long process. If it is a venture capital fund who are taking over, all of these things will need to be done properly as the end game of their investment will be to make money from Newcastle. If it is a single, wealthy buyer it could be done more quickly.

It was the talk of people who work for the club over the weekend that a deal is in the offing and while we can say the same about Amanda Staveley’s failed bid, there is a different feel to this round of talks. Accountants working for investors have poured over the books – something that won’t have come at no cost to a potential investor.

Could it fall through? This is Newcastle. We should have learned by now that anything is possible.

And it is impossible to say anything for certain but multiple sources – some of which are totally independent of the owner himself – are still backing up what Ashley said last week. It doesn’t mean it will definitely happen – Ashley has been close to selling on several previous occasions, only to grow disillusioned with the process – but it does feel like it is now or never for the current attempt to sell.

Such is the mistrust and the clamour for information, frustration with that is understandable. But the potential takeover is more than just self promotion or idle gossip.

Douglas still seems some what confident it's real, no news is good news no?

Think there is no doubt something is happening but the only thing which can't be relied upon is Ashley. There has been a lot of money spent to secure other companies so maybe he wants to just concentrate on what he knows and replenish  some major money back in the process.

First public reports in the press re: Kenyon were the day Ashley attended his first game for god knows how long.

Ashley then says on TV ''talks are at a more advanced stage than ever before'' which ends pretty much all fan action against him before a planned boycott (even if it was going to be hardly noticeable in terms of numbers).

Then the media start reporting that no bids have actually been made. So how is that further than Staveley almost a year ago to the day?

My worry with all this is that this time last year we had insiders and ITKs saying it was happening, journalists saying the same thing, Staveley probably even believed it was happening, but in reality that fat cunt was just doing it for a laugh and never really had any intention of selling. Why would it be different now?

Why would it be different now?

I'm just clinging to the hope that he knows we're now at the most attractive we'll ever be under him (Rafa and Premier League), if he doesn't sell now, we lose both of those and bang goes his last chance of getting anywhere near what he wants for us.

Pretty sure I thought similar this time last year :lol:

First public reports in the press re: Kenyon were the day Ashley attended his first game for god knows how long.

Ashley then says on TV ''talks are at a more advanced stage than ever before'' which ends pretty much all fan action against him before a planned boycott (even if it was going to be hardly noticeable in terms of numbers).

Then the media start reporting that no bids have actually been made. So how is that further than Staveley almost a year ago to the day?

My worry with all this is that this time last year we had insiders and ITKs saying it was happening, journalists saying the same thing, Staveley probably even believed it was happening, but in reality that fat cunt was just doing it for a laugh and never really had any intention of selling. Why would it be different now?

The Kenyon stuff came to light before the Leicester home game, Ashley's first game back was at Palace the week prior. The rest of your post I agree with and that is the worry. I do think the Staveley stuff looking back was played out a bit too much in public; her appearance at the Liverpool game, the curry house (whether that was staged or not), etc. She did make 3 bids though and the fat cunt didn't take any of them, which was the issue then and is still the same issue now if/when one is lodged as you say.

I'm just clinging to the hope that he knows we're now at the most attractive we'll ever be under him (Rafa and Premier League), if he doesn't sell now, we lose both of those and bang goes his last chance of getting anywhere near what he wants for us.

Rafa is gone if Ashley is still here at the end of the season. I think the two of them both know they see the club as different entities in terms of what it is and what it could be. If Rafa goes, for Ashley to want to carry on his shite of spending minimally to get PL safety, he'd need to spend significantly on the playing staff as the twat brought in as manager will be some clueless cunt. If that happens, relegation will surely happen and no PL and no Rafa would equal a major drop in both value of the club and advertising for his horrid company. I think right now would be the time to sell in terms of maximising profit for the club, but you can never second guess that wanker.

Guest firetotheworks

It wouldn't. It's exactly the same as last year, we're relying on the potential buyers not unearthing something that puts them off and upon a sociopath to not be a sociopath while it's going ahead. The chances of both happening at the same time and before Rafa leaves are slim, but obviously that's not need to anyone.

The boycott not going ahead almost certainly had nothing to do with Ashley's statement though. The appetite for it had gone, if it was ever there, and journalists and fanzines removed their backing because of the genuine interest in buying the club they were privy to.

Rafa is gone if Ashley is still here at the end of the season. I think the two of them both know they see the club as different entities in terms of what it is and what it could be. If Rafa goes, for Ashley to want to carry on his shite of spending minimally to get PL safety, he'd need to spend significantly on the playing staff as the twat brought in as manager will be some clueless cunt. If that happens, relegation will surely happen and no PL and no Rafa would equal a major drop in both value of the club and advertising for his horrid company. I think right now would be the time to sell in terms of maximising profit for the club, but you can never second guess that wanker.

Yup...exactly this.

At the risk of repeating what's been said billions of times in the past week, it's all on him to fuck it up, again.  If the sale doesn't happen now, we'll be stuck with him for a long long time unless he suddenly decides to accept a low-ball offer...ha!

It wouldn't. It's exactly the same as last year, we're relying on the potential buyers not unearthing something that puts them off and upon a sociopath to not be a sociopath while it's going ahead. The chances of both happening at the same time and before Rafa leaves are slim, but obviously that's not need to anyone.

The boycott not going ahead almost certainly had nothing to do with Ashley's statement though. The appetite for it had gone, if it was ever there, and journalists and fanzines removed their backing because of the genuine interest in buying the club they were privy to.

Regarding the former, it'll be either the HMRC thing or SD, but Martin Hardy says here that a takeover would result in a clean break from SD.

Agree with the latter and that's been the Achilles heel since forever.

Yup...exactly this.

At the risk of repeating what's been said billions of times in the past week, it's all on him to fuck it up, again.  If the sale doesn't happen now, we'll be stuck with him for a long long time unless he suddenly decides to accept a low-ball offer...ha!

:thup:

Also if we go down next season who would Ashley be able to cash in on to minimise his losses?  Last couple of times he was able to sell big names to fund spending for promotion and still minimise losses.  Couldn't do the same this time because we've got nobody that would be in demand.

Also if we go down next season who would Ashley be able to cash in on to minimise his losses?  Last couple of times he was able to sell big names to fund spending for promotion and still minimise losses.  Couldn't do the same this time because we've got nobody that would be in demand.

Yep. I personally think the 'its a cash cow for him, why would he sell' point only washes with Rafa here; there'll be no Rafa next season if Ashley doesn't sell and that squad won't stay up without him. 1-3 signings between £1m and £15m, which is Ashley's imposed limitations on the club in the transfer window, won't change that. If he doesn't sell this time it's out of spite, which I don't think any of us will put past him, the sociopathic cunt.

Yep. I personally think the 'its a cash cow for him, why would he sell' point only washes with Rafa here; there'll be no Rafa next season if Ashley doesn't sell and that squad won't stay up without him. 1-3 signings between £1m and £15m, which is Ashley's imposed limitations on the club in the transfer window, won't change that. If he doesn't sell this time it's out of spite, which I don't think any of us will put past him, the sociopathic cunt.

I'm sure Ashley doesn't like Geordies or Newcastle much, but I've never really believed it would affect his business decisions. If he's holding onto Newcastle, it's because he sees it as a crucial element in building awareness of SD, and he won't let go of that in a hurry. Either he's going to charge a massive premium for the sale, or he'll include some clause giving SD advertising rights. These are the sort of hitches which will probably end up seeing off potential buyers every time.