Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Unfortunately I tend to agree, the current vacuousness within the fan base means if our gut feelings are true and this takeover is just another smoke screen not much will happen. I've even got the feeling that if Rafa leaves at the end of the season because Ashley is still in charge and no investment has been made in January, most will turn on and blame Rafa for "quitting" and be "fully behind the new manager.".

The problem is the die hard fans that protested when Keegan left have now long gone themselves and all that's left is subservient acceptance.

I hope I'm proven wrong, preferably the club gets sold and we don't have to find out, but I won't hold my breath.

I think the West Ham "incident" or reaction was not preplanned but, more a spur of the moment display of enough is enough from the fans involved.  It certainly escalated quickly.

We are really just one step away...  it would not take much to ignite the potential powder keg that is rumbling just under the surface.  The current take over potential is keeping most people quiet....  last thing we would want any possible new owner to think is "maybe they'll turn on me like this in a year / 5 years time"

If he shut off the phone reception in SJP. Half the useless fuckers that go to the match just sit on their phones most of the match- lad in front of me yesterday spent the whole match scrolling through BBC Live updates of.......Newcastle vs Wolves. Fucking idiot.

Overall, nothing Ashley can do will ignite the sort of scenes we saw at West Ham. He could change our colours to red and white stripes, say that every Geordie is a wanker, take a shit in the center of the pitch, and spit at Sir Bobby's statue - no one would utter a word because it might affect 'the lads'. Because our home form is so formidable and we have so much to play for....

I don't even see why Hope's update is a negative. It says nothing. Ashley's waiting for a bid? Well aye, that's how it goes.

He's been negative since the statement. Edwards was the negative one with the Staveley stuff last year. Just as I finish typing this I realise this is completely meaningless information.

Does the end justify the means?

West Ham were shocked into making some very good purchases and are now streets ahead of us.

Even if Mike Ashley’s days are coming to an end here, why not make them highly uncomfortable?

I don't even see why Hope's update is a negative. It says nothing. Ashley's waiting for a bid? Well aye, that's how it goes.

He's been negative since the statement. Edwards was the negative one with the Staveley stuff last year. Just as I finish typing this I realise this is completely meaningless information.

Still clicked post :lol:

Mike Ashley does not subscribe to the way other clubs do business or finance deals, he won't change that. He'll not be shocked into doing that.

We spent a shed load that 1 window because we had all of that money just sitting in the account. He won't even consider spending a % of what we will get over the next 6 months with PL revenues, installment transfer fees etc and line it up with new deals unless ALL of that money is sitting in the NUFC bank account.

Mike Ashley does not subscribe to the way other clubs do business or finance deals, he won't change that. He'll not be shocked into doing that.

We spent a shed load that 1 window because we had all of that money just sitting in the account. He won't even consider spending a % of what we will get over the next 6 months with PL revenues, installment transfer fees etc and line it up with new deals unless ALL of that money is sitting in the NUFC bank account.

Will he not see it as unsustainable for his vile model of spending as little as possible to stay in the league? The average net spend of PL clubs this year has been around £43m which he refuses to match. His refusal to match that whilst promoted clubs are spending that or more means relegation struggles which we would be dead and buried in if not for Rafa. Rafa is gone if Ashley remains. Is he not trying to get out at the maximum profit he can to focus on his shitty retail without having the bother of us going after his shite shop? It's the only real reason I can come to regarding him actually selling and not lying again.

I do think it will happen this time. It makes no sense for him to own us and he will have a lot of cash spare which he can invest in failing High Street shops which he seems to be wanting to do more of. He is never going to make money out of us and he knows it. He would have made more money from NUFC if he had sold it and had the money in a bank account probably. We are worth about the same as we were several years ago.

Will he not see it as unsustainable for his vile model of spending as little as possible to stay in the league? The average net spend of PL clubs this year has been around £43m which he refuses to match. His refusal to match that whilst promoted clubs are spending that or more means relegation struggles which we would be dead and buried in if not for Rafa. Rafa is gone if Ashley remains. Is he not trying to get out at the maximum profit he can to focus on his shitty retail without having the bother of us going after his shite shop? It's the only real reason I can come to regarding him actually selling and not lying again.

Based on the speculation and the mild optimism in the press, I do feel that he is trying to get a deal done to sell the club. He will only spend money on players if we have the money physically in our account, and will not speculate to accumulate. If he does speculate and say sanction deals for club record fees, then he is doing what he has never done for this club - pay going rate, pay in installments, structure deals like every other club does.

Guest The Little Waster

I do think it will happen this time. It makes no sense for him to own us and he will have a lot of cash spare which he can invest in failing High Street shops which he seems to be wanting to do more of. He is never going to make money out of us and he knows it. He would have made more money from NUFC if he had sold it and had the money in a bank account probably. We are worth about the same as we were several years ago.

He just bought House of Fraser ... Rafa got fuck all to spend . Do you think that maybe those two things are related somehow ?? FFS ...

Based on the speculation and the mild optimism in the press, I do feel that he is trying to get a deal done to sell the club. He will only spend money on players if we have the money physically in our account, and will not speculate to accumulate. If he does speculate and say sanction deals for club record fees, then he is doing what he has never done for this club - pay going rate, pay in installments, structure deals like every other club does.

Yep. From the people I've spoken to in the MG, they've been advised it's legit, like. It's not a case of there being no potential buyers it's whether Ashley is going to be a cunt and move the goalposts.

Yep. From the people I've spoken to in the MG, they've been advised it's legit, like. It's not a case of there being no potential buyers it's whether Ashley is going to be a cunt and move the goalposts.

The is my biggest fear, he could have the right deal on the table but rather than accept it, change the asking price or make sports direct advertising for 5 years compulsory type nonsense. Must be an absolute nightmare to deal with

That’s been the situation for the best part of a decade though...

Quite a few think there are no buyers, that Kenyon et al are all in on some sort of Ashley conspiracy to fool the fans.

Quite a few think there are no buyers, that Kenyon et al are all in on some sort of Ashley conspiracy to fool the fans.

Makes me laugh every time I see someone say similar.  Actually believing Staveley was a time waster etc, it's almost like they haven't followed us under Ashley.

My only thought to this being legit is the steady price of SD now, it rises, it falls, it rises again. Clearly the free advertising has run it's course, the club has been asset stripped, there's no further blood to squeeze from the stone, makes sense for him to sell what's left and invest it elsewhere.

My only thought to this being legit is the steady price of SD now, it rises, it falls, it rises again. Clearly the free advertising has run it's course, the club has been asset stripped, there's no further blood to squeeze from the stone, makes sense for him to sell what's left and invest it elsewhere.

You also have to take into account that NUFC will be worth nowhere near his asking price should he cling on, lose Rafa and send us to another relegation.  Surely even this cunt realises we're as attractive as we're ever going to be under his tenure (unless of course he invests a fuck load...ha).