Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Depressing to think for the likes of Hayden, Ashley is all he's ever known supporting the club. At that age I had the Halls keegan, shearer signings, fa Cup finals..

Can't wait for a professional outfit to take charge, it doesn't have to be megabucks, oil barons or crazy billionaires looking for their latest toy. Success and pride can be achieved through making the correct decisions and investing in the correct areas at the right time.

Kenyon with all his experience at top clubs plus rockafellas portfolio of business is basically a dream come true, if it comes off.

Get in :lol:

Second bit - I completely agree, which is why I want this to be true. Fuck it if that's the wrong thing to do.

I mean, my name is right there ffs :lol:

Agree with both though. Be smashing Pink Lane up if it happens.

I think Dokko was talking about Isaac. Maybe.

Either you agree or you don't agree!

What does "agreed in principle" actually mean?

Someone who can explain, like I'm a 6 year old?

It means that they don't agree on the important things, but agree about all the relatively meaningless details.

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-sports-direct-results/sports-direct-defies-uk-retail-downturn-with-earnings-rise-idUKKBN1OC0NB?rpc=401

Sports Direct defies UK retail downturn with earnings rise

LONDON (Reuters) - Sports Direct (SPD.L), the British sportswear retailer controlled by Mike Ashley, reported a 15.5 percent rise in first-half core earnings, excluding acquisitions, helped by its strategy to move its brand upmarket.

The group, which purchased department store chain House of Fraser in August, said on Thursday it made underlying earnings before interest, tax, depreciation and amortisation (EBITDA) of 180.3 million pounds in the six months to Oct. 28.

Ashley said the performance was impressive in the context of the current struggles in the sector and showed its “elevation strategy continues to go from strength to strength.”

Some 61 percent of Sports Direct’s equity is owned by Ashley, its billionaire founder and chief executive, who also owns English Premier League football club Newcastle United.

He is smartening up its stores and selling more premium products from its four key suppliers - Nike (NKE.N), Adidas (ADSGn.DE), Puma (PUMG.DE) and Under Armour (UAA.N) - to better compete with rivals JD Sports (JD.L) and Decathlon.

The core business was on track to meet its target of growing earnings by 5-15 percent in the full year, it said, but it added that it expected the House of Fraser acquisition to result in a drop in full-year earnings.

Prior to Thursday’s results, analysts’ on average had expected 2018-19 core earnings to be 321.6 million pounds, according to Refinitiv data, versus 306.1 million pounds made in 2017-18.

Reporting by Paul Sandle, editing by James Davey

Either you agree or you don't agree!

What does "agreed in principle" actually mean?

Someone who can explain, like I'm a 6 year old?

A deal is agreed but it's still reliant on other factors that either haven't been met or proved.

Basically (as already reported) it's more than likely reliant on Kenyon or whoever proving they have the funds.

HoF lost £31m in first 11 weeks under Ashley.

Tried to get Intu to let him have the store at the Metrocentre rent free for several years apparently, they told him to fuck off and so he went and pleaded poor me and poor staff to the press.

If we get sold and Rafa gets a new contract with a bit money to spend, will the real fans that packed in get their tickets back (or will there be space for them ?)