Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Golfmag has never been away but I did pay a heavy and irrational price for simply feeding through Pardew-related info that I was part to ?? In the early days the forum was much less polarised and debate was much easier. IMO Although my judgement is clearly very flawed as the two times that I met Mike Ashley, he came across as a perfectly nice bloke. Ha bloody ha. Once was just before we lost to Scunthorpe and he was hilariously asked to leave the (really shitty) boardroom for not having a tie on and the second time was after we beat Chelsea at home, the day that Mourino blamed our ball boys.

the two times that I met Mike Ashley, he came across as a perfectly nice bloke.

Alright Jamaal.

Thing is I’ve no doubt about that, but truth is he’s a serial lying sociopath.

Agreed. 100% And was told AGAIN by a well placed source this week that Sheikh Mansour made a straight choice between Man City and us

You can't just buy big titles these days anyway. No matter how much money we got, we'd have to comply to FFP (in the beginning, at least) as well as compete with the likes of Man City, Chelsea, PSG, Man United, Liverpool, Barcelona, Real Madrid and Juventus for every single player we would want to sign. It would take a hell of a job for any manager and MD to get us to win the PL or CL even with the budget of a Man City these days.

You can't just buy big titles these days anyway. No matter how much money we got, we'd have to comply to FFP (in the beginning, at least) as well as compete with the likes of Man City, Chelsea, PSG, Man United, Liverpool, Barcelona, Real Madrid and Juventus for every single player we would want to sign. It would take a hell of a job for any manager and MD to get us to win the PL or CL even with the budget of a Man City these days.

FFP has been shown time and again that it's a total joke.

Doesn't apply to certain clubs and there are ways around it as Man City and PSG have proved

Not sure what your point is...I would like us to give it a go regardless how hard it is :lol:

Aye of course :lol: Just saying that it's not the same as when Chelsea first did it, point is I wouldn't have any moral issues with us being the new big spenders like I might have in the past.

Aa for FFP, it's basically a system to keep the 'top sides' at the top and not allow anyone new to join the elite. Once one has joined that merry band, no one give two shites about FFP.

Golfmag has never been away but I did pay a heavy and irrational price for simply feeding through Pardew-related info that I was part to ?? In the early days the forum was much less polarised and debate was much easier. IMO Although my judgement is clearly very flawed as the two times that I met Mike Ashley, he came across as a perfectly nice bloke. Ha bloody ha. Once was just before we lost to Scunthorpe and he was hilariously asked to leave the (really shitty) boardroom for not having a tie on and the second time was after we beat Chelsea at home, the day that Mourino blamed our ball boys.

Wait, need more info please....

Doesn't apply to certain clubs and there are ways around it as Man City and PSG have proved

Free to those who can afford it. Very expensive to those who can’t.

We’d soon be into the crooked stuff if we had the wedge.