Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I can't believe there is someone out there worse than Ashley. To run it worse than Ashley would be mental.  :lol:

When Ashley took over I figured that he'd run us better than before. Why would he crash us into a wall and damage the value of his own business? Yet he's done it repeatedly.

Thing is, he hasn't. His business is Sports Direct and since owning us, he's seen that go from strength to strength. That's all that matters to him.

He stopped giving a fuck about the club the moment we turned on him after Keegan.

He was quite popular up to that point, which is why I think he bought the club (one of the reasons at least) mid life crisis etc, looking for some validation that he was a sound bloke.

Except he couldn’t keep the facade up once it turned sour on him.

He might be a billionaire but he’s always been a small time cunt.

Thing is, he hasn't. His business is Sports Direct and since owning us, he's seen that go from strength to strength. That's all that matters to him.

Shares in SPD are now below the launch price in 2007, not that his ownership of NUFC has been a factor at any point of the rollercoaster ride that's gone on in the interim, as much as a lot of people think it has been.

Guest neesy111

Shares in SPD are now below the launch price in 2007, not that his ownership of NUFC has been a factor at any point of the rollercoaster ride that's gone on in the interim, as much as a lot of people think it has been.

Yet still making very good profits.  Share price isn't the be all.

It's always been rumored that we wants to take SD private again so lower share price benefits him.

He's probably paying one of the big four consultancy fees auditing fees etc. Make no mistake this deal will cost a lot of of money.

Minhosa[/member] can you please expand on why you feel he would be a poor owner?

Yes.

- I've got major doubts as to the structure of the deal in respect of the ownership arrangements/reporting lines etc. I can't recall any successful ownership structures involving as many parties. Too many cooks and all that.........

- This talk of the fat man getting the consortiums to join up increases this level of concern tenfold btw. So much for the long term wellbeing of the club, eh fatty? Long term wellbeing of your fat pockets. Prick.

- There is also the sub-par company Kenyon has been keeping at the same time he's been having these meetings with the takeover consortium. I mean names that I would hope would never have any role in the future of NUFC.

- If it goes through, I will throw out the names as a warning ref: who our future manager could be. I'll not do it before as it'll send shivers and might be misleading but I will share it if the deal happens.

- The only positive I see is that it might be the end of Ashley being hands on. I've a major hunch he wants to retain a minority stake. This is not ITK, this is only my personal hunch.

Agree with some of this, but not all. There's no chance of him working in the top flight in management. In one way it is actually a positive that they have sought advice from someone like this given his past. Even if I don't like him.

Agree with some of the above as well. My take has always been that if the US capital behind these groups does indeed successfully take over Newcastle, they would be doing so at a time where capital markets and scrutiny in our country would compare as such to Liverpool and Manchester United - so decisions made installing inferior quality managers would piss off the investor base. If Rockefeller is involved esp given their Wall Street connects.

I believe it’ll be ambitious but steady investment and we’ll be back competing where we should be. There’s no way you are able to raise instituonal capital in the US without a growth story and without replicating or attempting to do what’s been done to US owned teams in the leagues. Just my opinion. I do work and deal with similar groups to who’s been rumored to be behind the Kenyon bid.

Yet still making very good profits.  Share price isn't the be all.

Not paying them out though. Apart from a few divis post-IPO it's not paid out a penny. So the overall shareholder return in almost entirely in the share price.

There is no doubt the free global advertising for over 10 years to millions of people every week has been of huge benefit to Sports Direct as the brand has been built up and they have expanded significantly overseas.

Bear in mind Sports Direct the brand was very much in its infancy when Ashley bought NUFC, his shops were usually called Sports Soccer or Soccer World.

There is no doubt the free global advertising for over 10 years to millions of people every week has been of huge benefit to Sports Direct as the brand has been built up and they have expanded significantly overseas.

No doubt at all. But it's not what is driving that business. They would probably be £40-50m worse off now if they'd have had to pay for all the advertising over the years, if the exposure could get multiple times bang for buck then SD would be advertising all over the place and raking it in.

He stopped giving a fuck about the club the moment we turned on him after Keegan.

He was quite popular up to that point, which is why I think he bought the club (one of the reasons at least) mid life crisis etc, looking for some validation that he was a sound bloke.

This. It's personal to him, he hates us and has done since Keegan left. He's playing a game and we as a group of supporters (and I'll include the local media also) keep letting him win by not calling bullshit on anything that he and his PR team conjure up.

One things for sure though, when this supposed takeover falls through (again) there needs to be mass anger directed into huge protests or everyone may as well give up. Until the day all his Sports Direct billboards are ripped up and Ashley is at least confronted during a game then I don't feel our level of anger against him anywhere near matches the level of anger shown to us from him. He's stabbing us in the back repeatedly with a zombie knife and we're shouting a few things at him. Doesn't nearly equate in my book.

No doubt at all. But it's not what is driving that business. They would probably be £40-50m worse off now if they'd have had to pay for all the advertising over the years, if the exposure could get multiple times bang for buck then SD would be advertising all over the place and raking it in.

They don't need to because they get that exposure for free.......from NUFC. Doing it again at another club wouldn't give the same gains when you only need one club to reach that audience and you can do it for free.

:thup:

My take has always been that if the US capital behind these groups does indeed successfully take over Newcastle, they would be doing so at a time where capital markets and scrutiny in our country would compare as such to Liverpool and Manchester United - so decisions made installing inferior quality managers would piss off the investor base. If Rockefeller is involved esp given their Wall Street connects.

I believe it’ll be ambitious but steady investment and we’ll be back competing where we should be. There’s no way you are able to raise instituonal capital in the US without a growth story and without replicating or attempting to do what’s been done to US owned teams in the leagues. Just my opinion. I do work and deal with similar groups to who’s been rumored to be behind the Kenyon bid.

Agree with this.

Common sense.

Guest chopey

Kenyon’s ties to Jorge Mendes...means Mourinho likely to come in as manager IF this takeover should happen?

Imagine. :lol: :anguish: The takeover we've been praying for finally happens, Kenyon then bins Rafa.

10 mins of research and I see you right, he's also a bit of a football crook

Guest chopey

So we’re (potentially) going from greedy Ashley to couple of crooks Kenyon and Mendes.

Mint. Bring it on.

Looks like it however Kenyon/Mendes model is based on both teams and players being successful Ashleys model is to have us simply exist as cheaply as possible so he can skim off the top

Guest The Little Waster

Would take Mendes all day, might actually sign someone decent

At this point the Goat of Mendes would be welcome

I think Kenyon in charge would be good. He's a real football man and wants to be successful on the pitch.

If he has a good conection with Mendes, that would be a dream come true.

Just see what Mendes involvment with Wolves has done.

...well, just dreaming for a while.🙄

Kenyon’s ties to Jorge Mendes...means Mourinho likely to come in as manager IF this takeover should happen?

Imagine. :lol: :anguish: The takeover we've been praying for finally happens, Kenyon then bins Rafa.

10 mins of research and I see you right, he's also a bit of a football crook

In the off chance that it does happen I think he'd keep Rafa on. He'd lose a bulk of fans if he didn't, though probably further aggrandise himself with the patriots, like Gunt. Mourinho may come after, always had a hunch that he'd end up here for some reason regardless, way he talks about us and the SBR connection probably.

Anyway, it needs to happen first, so howay Peter.