Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Do you believe Ashley is in actual takeover talks with a real consortium that actually exists?  

912 members have voted

1. 1. Do you believe Ashley is in actual takeover talks with a real consortium that actually exists?

• Nope
    • Maybe
    • Yes

Like I said earlier,he has the funds in place to buy and take the club forward.Can only assume they are negotiating details of the deal ,which is where I have my own concerns because of Ashley

that sounds disconcertingly vague

If it’s genuinely a leak from Kenyons side then MA won’t be happy.

I can say with certainty that they have both incurred major costs thus far.

The timing is particularly off with this though. I wonder if Fatty has asked Kenyon to leak it to appease the masses/buy time.

I know we've been over stuff like this but how can you know 'with certainty' unless you're literally involved? Are you, like?

I called Kenyon on here long before it hit the press because I had a 110% source. I can’t say who that was as it could come back to me and impact my work. I can also say for sure that his side have spent huge amounts of time and therefore money on legals etc.

I’ll also go on the record as saying I’ve got big doubts it’ll be a positive other than Ashley being out of the picture.

If he’s put a lot of money and effort into it, then he’s not going to run it into the ground like Ashley is.

We wont know if he's planning to try to make the club competitive or not. This info would suggest negative on that.

Would this mean then he's taken a look at Ashley's tenure and thought "I could run it cheaper than that!"?  :lol: I wouldn't even be mad if he tanked worse than the FCB, it would actually be impressive.

You dont have to run it cheaper. You just have to run it so it doesnt get relegated which costs a lot.

Like I said earlier,he has the funds in place to buy and take the club forward.Can only assume they are negotiating details of the deal ,which is where I have my own concerns because of Ashley

that sounds disconcertingly vague

Thats a direct quote.Sorry but I have no more I can give you

The timing is particularly off with this though. I wonder if Fatty has asked Kenyon to leak it to appease the masses/buy time.

I know we've been over stuff like this but how can you know 'with certainty' unless you're literally involved? Are you, like?

I called Kenyon on here long before it hit the press because I had a 110% source. I can’t say who that was as it could come back to me and impact my work. I can also say for sure that his side have spent huge amounts of time and therefore money on legals etc.

I’ll also go on the record as saying I’ve got big doubts it’ll be a positive other than Ashley being out of the picture.

If he’s put a lot of money and effort into it, then he’s not going to run it into the ground like Ashley is.

We wont know if he's planning to try to make the club competitive or not. This info would suggest negative on that.

Would this mean then he's taken a look at Ashley's tenure and thought "I could run it cheaper than that!"?  :lol: I wouldn't even be mad if he tanked worse than the FCB, it would actually be impressive.

You dont have to run it cheaper. You just have to run it so it doesnt get relegated which costs a lot.

You'd have to if you're going to sink that much money into it up front and not take it forward. Otherwise why even buy it unless you believe there is more value to extract out of it.

You'd have to if you're going to sink that much money into it up front and not take it forward. Otherwise why even buy it unless you believe there is more value to extract out of it.

It's not like that 200m or 300m investment is going to lose its value, you'll still get atleast that back when you want to sell it. I'd assume its possible to run the club on profit in the meantime while just about maintaining premierleague status and tv money. If "taking the club" forward means making the team little bit better so it doesnt get relegated (and end up costing a lot of money getting back up and eating into the profits of several years) then I guess you can say he'll have to take it forward. Not much though.

Kenyon is yesterday's man - he was never going to buy us - just been given a few quid to play the game  - our desperation to get rid of Ashley  makes us clutch at these straws -  the PR machine is pathetic and treats the fanbase like fools  - thankfully most of us aren't taken in.

Have any prospective owners of any football club ever written a letter like this?  When anyone is bidding for a house do people write letters saying 'glad you think we are the best fit for your house etc etc

Its total bullshit.  Same as Staveley leaked.....

This.

How many other takeovers do we know of that are broadcast as publicly (and timely in the case of this fat cunt) as our supposed takeover.

I reckon the letter is real, or Kenyon wouldn't put his name to it. However, we know which side it's leaked from and are there missing pages? Like, "Mike, you can fuck off if you think you are getting 10 years free advertising!"

I so desperately hope this happens, even if Ashley doesn't invest in January, even if we get relegated, even if Rafa has one foot out of the door. Just let it happen.

Guest The Little Waster

They missed this bit off the end of the letter :

“ Sir, I salute your courage, your strength your indefatigability “

Guest chopey

Kenyon's letter “I would like to express personal gratitude for your patience and integrity in this matter and hope we can continue our discussions in the same spirit.”

Gives letter to Daily Mail !!!!!!!

Naturally anything but Ashley is worth the risk, but with Keyon we’d get someone who has deep Jorge Mendes links and has been involved in quite serious third-party-ownership setups. You’d probably want to be a bit careful about whose purposes the club would be used for.