Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

NUFC.com basically acknowledging that there's no point in the club under Ashley with that last paragraph of the Chelsea report, but i'm assuming they are still going to the matches.

Why would you keep going to and funding something that there is no point in? x 50k

Stop going if you are unhappy with things, otherwise, shut up and take it.

There is no middle ground now.

Because they have nothing else to do in the weekend. It's not like Newcastle's a metropolitan city with lots to do, and different places to go.

:lol::anguish:

He's the ultimate troll, it's actually impressive.

NUFC now solely exists to advertise Sports Direct, however - you're right - there's absolutely no link between Sports Direct and NUFC

Again, this is willful misrepresentation. There is a link between Sports Direct and NUFC, there is no link between Ferdinand's merchandise and NUFC

Wilful misrepresentation? Do me a favour. :lol:

We're an empty vessel of a club which only exists to advertise Sports Direct. It's the only purpose of NUFC under Mike Ashley's ownership. To suggest the 2 entities aren't linked is just laughable. :lol:

Ferdinand's merch has no relation with NUFC. SD does. How can you all be so obtuse?

Ashley owns both. If he is nasty about how Ashley looks after NUFC, there's a good chance Ashley will stop SD from stocking his tat. Conversely if he supports Ashley's running of the club, Ashley will be pleased and will give him some shelf room.

Surely that's easy enough for anyone to see? I don't even know why I'm bothering to try to explain it to you because you're so clearly on the wind-up. No human being is actually this thick.

NUFC now solely exists to advertise Sports Direct, however - you're right - there's absolutely no link between Sports Direct and NUFC

Again, this is willful misrepresentation. There is a link between Sports Direct and NUFC, there is no link between Ferdinand's merchandise and NUFC

We're an empty vessel of a club which only exists to advertise Sports Direct. It's the only purpose of NUFC under Mike Ashley's ownership. To suggest the 2 entities aren't linked is just laughable. :lol:

Ferdinand's merch has no relation with NUFC. SD does. How can you all be so obtuse?

Ashley owns both. If he is nasty about how Ashley looks after NUFC, there's a good chance Ashley will stop SD from stocking his tat. Conversely if he supports Ashley's running of the club, Ashley will be pleased and will give him some shelf room.

Surely that's easy enough for anyone to see? I don't even know why I'm bothering to try to explain it to you because you're so clearly on the wind-up. No human being is actually this thick.

Ferdinand is an icon. He doesn't need Ashley of all people to shell his merch.

This isn't some jumped up youtuber with 1 million subs. This is one of the great English CB's.

Well he clearly does need Ashley, as he has an exclusive agreement to sell his tat at Ashley's tat shops.

Also it's CBs. Never use apostrophes when you pluralise things. But irrespective, Ferdinand being a good player in his day doesn't sell merchandise now. There's no intrinsic link which I'm aware of between an ability to play football and an ability to design clothes.

Well he clearly does need Ashley, as he has an exclusive agreement to sell his tat at Ashley's tat shops.

Also it's CBs. Never use apostrophes when you pluralise things. But irrespective, Ferdinand being a good player in his day doesn't sell merchandise now. There's no intrinsic link which I'm aware of between an ability to play football and an ability to design clothes.

He's too famous to need Ashley to shill his stuff. He's a very popular person in his own right and any company would fall head over heels to get Ferdinand's brand.

Guest NobbyOhNobby

He's too famous to need Ashley to shill his stuff. He's a very popular person in his own right and any company would fall head over heels to get Ferdinand's brand.

Are you Rio Ferdinand?

Are you Rio Ferdinand?

No, I am David Malan!

Are you Rio Ferdinand?

I was genuinely just thinking the same. :lol:

Doesn't matter what companies were or were not falling head over heels to stock Ferdinand's stuff, the fact is that he signed with Ashley. Exclusively. He cannot sell his tat anywhere else. At all. So if he's nasty to Mike, Mike can just keep it all in boxes out the back and not put it on the shelves. If he's nice to Mike, it gets front-of-shop space and a window display.

It's all clear as day to anyone with a single brain cell that Ferdinand has a massive conflict of interests when talking about Newcastle United as a pundit. Stop treating everyone as idiots by trying to suggest otherwise.

He’s a famous footballer, not a famous businessman, and to be honest outside of the UK I don’t think he that famous (even if he was twice the record fee for a defender).

Additionally his business is selling cheap tracksuits. I don’t know if anyone has told you, but theirs only 1 retailer in the UK who sells cheap tracksuits. There is literally no one else who would have been interested in his business.

Guest Howaythetoon

You don’t have a clue :lol: Rio will have given some tatty textiles manufacturer exclusive licence to use his name to create a brand who in turn will have struck up a similar deal with SD to stock and sell said shitty tat where everyone gets a royalty payment basically with Rio becoming an unofficial brand ambassador for SD.

Rio is not some huge icon even here in England, he’s a famous ex pro in the same way Roy Keane is or Jermaine Jeans but with a few more medals, who I guarantee holds no weight in any capacity other than with social media dimwits and soccer AM lunes in terms of authority on anything much less fashion related. In fact he’d be laughed out of any serious fashion house and the fact his tat shares shelf life with other tat in SD stores says it all. He’s basically signing shit and flogging it on eBay for a few pennies, that’s the equiverlent. :lol:

Who buys this shit btw? Fucking mentalists!

And Ferdinand is so poor that if Ashley says no to him, that he'll go bankrupt and have to drink himself to sleep on expensive champagne

Well probably not, but just because he's (relatively) rich that doesn't mean he won't try to make his business venture work. If he didn't care about making more money, he'd not have started that business in the first place. That's kinda how these things work?

Are you being fucking serious???

Rio Ferdinand is a fucking no one even in the realms of the footballing world hes just yet another ex pro who gets himself on TV being a clueless pundit because the cunt is that stupid to do anything else in life. That's why hes came up with some shit tatty sportswear brand that only ghetto fucks in deepest peckham would wear

NUFC.com basically acknowledging that there's no point in the club under Ashley with that last paragraph of the Chelsea report, but i'm assuming they are still going to the matches.

Why would you keep going to and funding something that there is no point in? x 50k

Because they have nothing else to do in the weekend. It's not like Newcastle's a metropolitan city with lots to do, and different places to go.

Late to the party, but who the fuck is this absolute bellend?

Seems to me like a lot of money is going missing from Newcastle, I'm not sure what's happening with the HMRC but I think it's time the fraud squad was brought in.

Seems to me like a lot of money is going missing from Newcastle, I'm not sure what's happening with the HMRC but I think it's time the fraud squad was brought in.

It's easy to remove money. He can pay himself back loans each and every window and it would only be £15-30m at a time whilst. It's also a year after the event when we all discover and nobody really cares anyway as we've discovered with past protest failures by our fans.

Late to the party, but who the fuck is this absolute bellend?

Just some new guy sitting at home typing bollocks proudly wearing one of his Rio tracksuits.

I think its absolutely clear as day that Ferdinand was never going to criticise Ashley. "doesnt know him well" "but I will do", Its fucking obvious man. He's part of a business deal that involves Ashley. He's not going to criticise. Whether KB put him up to it who knows, but its clear that he has a complete conflict of interest when speaking about it.

Okay, so he doesnt want to criticse Ashley because he's in partnership with him. What he should have done is played it way more coyly. He should have trotted out a few old tired cliches, been a little defensive of Ashley and he'd have largely gotten away with it. But no,  he went full nuclear with his defence of Ashley and made himself look like an absolute twat. Tweeting things like 'we should be grateful to him'. To vehemently defend Ashley, he's overplayed his hand massively and he's been tore apart in the press. The clip of him spouting his rubbish has been played over 2M times on twitter, while other similar videos had a few hundred thousand views.

None of the national press owuld have batted an eyelid had he not gone so over the top. So incredibly thick, so fucking stupid that he's went and done the exact opposite of what was intended and brought more attention to Ashley. I hope he's on for us next time, because he's far too dumb to come up with a reasonable argument and as such he'll end up being derided again. Cheers Rio, you fucking stupid cunt.

Guest NobbyOhNobby

"ghetto f***s in deepest peckham would wear" is not sitting comfortably.

Aye,

Are you being fucking serious???

Rio Ferdinand is a fucking no one even in the realms of the footballing world hes just yet another ex pro who gets himself on TV being a clueless pundit because the cunt is that stupid to do anything else in life. That's why hes came up with some shit tatty sportswear brand that only ghetto fucks in deepest peckham would wear

What are your thoughts on Acton? You daft racist

Ferdinand is an icon. He doesn't need Ashley of all people to shell his merch.

This isn't some jumped up youtuber with 1 million subs. This is one of the great English CB's.

Ashley is currently selling his shit, if he goes on live TV and slags him off, other businesses would think twice about doing business with him. The fact you can't acknowledge that, demonstrates that you are not as serious as you pretend.