Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I can't even be bothered to get upset by today. The squad is no better than the one which spent much of last season struggling. We're obviously gonna get our arses kicked by average PL outfits, pointless to expect anything else.

I can't even be bothered to get upset by today. The squad is no better than the one which spent much of last season struggling. We're obviously gonna get our arses kicked by average PL outfits, pointless to expect anything else.

Probably best to bottle up all the emotion for next week when Pardew's West Brom totally batter us :lol:

Good things don’t happen this football club.

I have had zero faith from day one this takeover would happen.

We’re stuck with that far wanker, he’ll spend fuck all in January again, and we’ll have to be very lucky to stay up with this god awful squad even with a good manager in charge.

Guest reefatoon

The defeats are all part of the plan. PCP have asked Rafa to carry on playing Joselu, meaning no goals and more defeats, Ashley panics when we start dropping like a stone, and sells at the cheaper price. Rafa then gets a striker in that can score, all our problems go away and we finish the season in 7th place. ITK

The defeats are all part of the plan. PCP have asked Rafa to carry on playing Joselu, meaning no goals and more defeats, Ashley panics when we start dropping like a stone, and sells at the cheaper price. Rafa then gets a striker in that can score, all our problems go away and we finish the season in 7th place. ITK

:lol: Rafa is probably desperate for the takeover to go through

Value of the club is decreasing by the week tbh.

It is, Ashley better hurry and accepot otherwise he has to think what he does in January, as clearly investment is needed otherwise no matter who is in charge we are going down.

Ashley will be raging at Rafa for losing the last few games, his bargaining position has been totally undermined. Can't imagine anything would light a fire under his arse as much so that makes me happy.

I think Ashley will be concerned about the upcoming relegation battle, resulting either in spending money, losing Rafa or going down again. All are bad for him.

Maybe this horrific run of form is pushing the sale forward?

Fingers crossed. Club definitely needs a boost at the moment, this would certainly help.

Ashley will be raging at Rafa for losing the last few games, his bargaining position has been totally undermined. Can't imagine anything would light a fire under his arse as much so that makes me happy.

Yep.

If we win today Ashley will put the price up

£50m wiped off the price after that performance.

And yep :thup:

Yep.

If we win today Ashley will put the price up

£50m wiped off the price after that performance.

And yep :thup:

Ashley and Rafa at the next board meeting.

Am I the only one that is concerned that our poor form could hinder, rather than help the takeover?

It’ll make PCP want a relegation clause more, whilst Ashley has proven time and time again that he is willing to risk relegation. Could it push the takeover to the end of the season? By which time we could be doomed (although I don’t think we will).

Ashley is a bit Trump-y IMO based on his power drinking escapades.

He'll want to "win" the deal, which means getting full price for a duffer asset. Reckon he'll want whatever the magic number in his head is, but will be overjoyed for the club to fester before he pulls the trigger and accepts any offer.

Am I the only one that is concerned that our poor form could hinder, rather than help the takeover?

It’ll make PCP want a relegation clause more, whilst Ashley has proven time and time again that he is willing to risk relegation. Could it push the takeover to the end of the season? By which time we could be doomed (although I don’t think we will).

It's definitely easy to think that way given everything he's done, but on the other side of the coin it's just baffling to think he'd want to throw away so much money from an offer he'll likely never see matched. It might sound a bit naive but would he really cut his nose off to spite his face when over 300m is on the line?

I want to believe it should help. If Ashley had any common sense, he'd realise that this is the best offer he's likely to get for the club. If we continue down this path, get relegated and lose Rafa, we'll be fucked for a long  time and he might never get a return on his money.

Sadly, Mike Ashley doesn't seem to make common sense decisions. It is he, not what happens on the pitch, that will hinder the deal.