Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Looks like the fat lad has missed out on the cake shops...

Collapsed cake chain Patisserie Valerie has been rescued out of administration after an Irish private equity firm swept in with an eleventh-hour bid.

The firm, Causeway Capital Partners, struck a deal for the business in the early hours of this morning, preserving up to 2,000 jobs.

and this bit further down...

High Street tycoon Mike Ashley, the owner of Sports Direct and Newcastle Football Club, is believed to have run the rule over the cake chain, but withdrew his offer earlier this week.

Ashley complained that he had been locked out of the process by KPMG, which is handling the administration.

Administrators getting wise to his cut price/vulture tactics now?

I just want deep pockets buying this club who will invest in the now & future for Newcastle United. I also want them spending money to improve the area/city/community and foundation as well. Sounds like that was Staveley's idea too.

Not really, Rafa leaves Ashley stays and appoints a manager who divides opinion.

Will that be a 50/50 split between people who think the new manager is "Shite" or "Fucking Shite"?

Unfortunately you know as well as I do that even if it's someone like Moyes we'll no doubt have the "give the new man a chance" brigade back on board and not dissenting. He's the last manager to win a Champions League knock out match for Manyoo ya kna

I'd 100% prefer Staveley over Kenyon.

agree

What’s the reason for this? Kenyon has a proven pedigree of improving clubs commercially. Staveley could be anything.

Didn't Rafa get Staveley to St James ?

I'd 100% prefer Staveley over Kenyon.

agree

What’s the reason for this? Kenyon has a proven pedigree of improving clubs commercially. Staveley could be anything.

Stavelely worked on the Man City takeover and they have done pretty well commercially considering they were in League 1 not that long ago. She'll probably buy the mackems and turn them into a top 4 side or some shit.