Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest chopey

My boss, who doesn't like football but was at Tuesday's match on a corporate event, has just told me he was sat next to Ashleys mother and had a nice conversation about how she loves coming to games and flys up on the chopper, there was so many questions he could have asked her but he was more impressed with the helicopter.

My boss, who doesn't like football but was at Tuesday's match on a corporate event, has just told me he was sat next to Ashleys mother and had a nice conversation about how she loves coming to games and flys up on the chopper, there was so many questions he could have asked her but he was more impressed with the helicopter.

Heard it before that his parents, as well as his Aunty’s and uncle’s attend every single game and have done since he bought the club. They have turned into real fans, often wearing the club colours. They are apparently the nicest people you could meet, very polite towards staff and fans alike.

Heard it before that his parents, as well as his Aunty’s and uncle’s attend every single game and have done since he bought the club. They have turned into real fans, often wearing the club colours. They are apparently the nicest people you could meet, very polite towards staff and fans alike.

If even his own parents cant convince him to invest in players  :lol:

"Hey mom and dad. This is a gift for your upcoming 10 birthdays and anniversaries - meet Joselu"

Didn't he borrow some money off them to set up his sports gear business and never pay them back or something?

Aye, borrowed money to buy his first job lot of stock, sold it in his parents living room for a year or so before getting his own shop.

Things really could have turned out differently if he wasn’t a cunt.

I thought he didn't get on with his folks, anymore?

Maybe they don't.

They might have started coming to matches and fell in love with the club when Ashley was popular, buying people pints, sitting with the fans etc.

Twelve years later, they're singing "you fat cockney bastard, get out of our club" with the rest of us  :laugh:

Sunday Times reporting club is no longer available for sale.

Not that I believe Ashley was ever a willing seller unless someone came in with a bid way over its actual value (not going to happen).

Ashley would sell his mother if the right bid came along, the problem is and always has been he values the club way higher than any prospective buyers. Saying it's no longer for sale is just for some publicity. If someone came along and offered ashley the £300m (or more) he apparently values the club at he'd still probably take if albeit would haggle the price up till the interest goes regardless. We are perpetually for sale but not really, or not for sale but really are wink wink.