Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

If that happens Rafa will walk and the price of the club will plummet. To be honest it already has with the recent results. He surely must see that now is the only time he is ever likely to even get his money back. If we go down again he will have to pump more money in and he would never be able to make that back from a sale. I just really hope this happens or we are fucked.

If that happens Rafa will walk and the price of the club will plummet. To be honest it already has with the recent results. He surely must see that now is the only time he is ever likely to even get his money back. If we go down again he will have to pump more money in and he would never be able to make that back from a sale. I just really hope this happens or we are f***ed.

Why would he walk though? If he has dialogue with PCP in the background and they reassure him they'll be back in for the club in the summer, I don't see why he'd walk.

It would also make sense for the buyer to know what division we'll be playing in. Right now there's an urgency to get it done quickly so they can give Rafa the funds he needs to ensure we're a PL team next season. If it is isn't going to happen though they can just sit tight.

Newcastle Takeover Collapses

Ripon Businesswoman Amanda Staveley has ended her interest in taking over Newcastle, according to skysports.com.

Staveley had been in talks with the North East outfit but her proposal has been rejected by the Newcastle Owner Mike Ashley.

With the talks having been close to breakdown in recent days, the collapse of the takeover will not really have come as any great surprise.

Still nothing concrete either way, so we'll just have to wait. Pretty sure recent form will have been a worry for them. If the sale doesn't go through by January MA will have to invest in the playing squad or risk another relegation and the slashing of £100m+ from the value of the club.

FFS, silence is golden man. Any leaks would be attempts to drive something by either side, suggesting issues.

Complete silence during a NDA period is absolutely the sign of progress.

I know it's hard to handle when we're playing shite on the pitch but while there's silence, it's good news.

Not when the wanted alternative to the silence is simply confirmation of the takeover, like. :lol:

Well bearing in mind we've all been told repeatedly it's unlikely to happen before Christmas, the only real alternative to silence at this point in time is the deal collapsing...

We need to hope there's been another bid put in already really. The press didn't know anything about the last one for days and days until it was leaked, but by who?

By now there surely will have either been a revised bid or PCP will have walked away. Is Ashley just ignoring the bids and not even dignifying them with a response? Is that why news of the bid was leaked with no proper answer as to whether it had been accepted or rejected? Seems like the type of thing he'd do tbh, hopefully not.

Of course they could just be doing everything in secret like most companies. The company I work for is merging with another energy company and despite the fact they’ve been talking for months with countless NDAs signed we only found out the same time as the public.

It’s worth mentioning that breaching non disclosure agreements can result in prosecution. Therefore there’s no chance of any further news until there’s something concrete I reckon.

Am starting to think that they may well tie it in to the 125th anniversary stuff.....