Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I did my dissertation on detecting lies and have worked with some of the worlds experts on the matter. My dissertation was based on the work of worlds leading expert.

A lie detector test has a very low rate of accuracy, despite what many people claim. This is one of the many reasons why no court of law accepts it’s results as submittable evidence.

As Mr Logic says, sociopaths and psychopaths would easily be able pass one.

They also give up false positives (type 1 errors) due to things such as anxiety, heart defects, certain medications, plus 100’s of other conditions. Someone who has previously taken a lie detector test would also be more likely to manipulate results as well.

Ladies and gents, a moment please. I’d like to take this opportunity to introduce peak Stifler. Presenting...

I did my dissertation on detecting lies and have worked with some of the worlds experts on the matter. My dissertation was based on the work of worlds leading expert.

I did my dissertation on telling lies and have lied to some of the worlds experts on the matter. My dissertation was based on the work of worlds leading liars.

A lie detector test has a very low rate of accuracy, despite what many people claim. This is one of the many reasons why no court of law accepts it’s results as submittable evidence.

As Mr Logic says, sociopaths and psychopaths would easily be able pass one.

They also give up false positives (type 1 errors) due to things such as anxiety, heart defects, certain medications, plus 100’s of other conditions. Someone who has previously taken a lie detector test would also be more likely to manipulate results as well.

I’ve corrected a few errors there Stifler

Courts outside the UK accept them right?