Burnley 1-0 Newcastle United - 30/10/17 - post match whinging from p27

BlueStar

Don't think it's been that bad like. Atsu has had some great moments, and we're not being dominated by any means. Solid as ever at the back, Yedlin offering a good outlet at times and could be key. Joselu must do more, I'd be reluctant to throw Gayle on too early though as I think he offers next to nothing, and against Burnley's big centre backs he will likely be invisible.

Pretty much as expected in terms of goal threat from both sides. Think we've been better on the ball though, just lacking a final ball. Atsu the only attacking outlet. Game is there to be won, as we've seen before.

Oh, and Alan Parry can fuck off. Been negative about every aspect of us all half.

MSNBC presenter, "after the break we will show you the highlights, which quite frankly, wont take too long" :lol:

Boring half, but par for the course, our defence have done well, Atsu and Perez have played well imo, but our final ball is just really sloppy.

I despair at our striker situation. We've had to endure years of a badly fading Cisse, then a mediocre Mitrovic, a false dawn Gayle and now Joselu. Some proper scouting and/or investment needed. What I wouldn't give for a match winner in the Ba mould now.

Pretty much as expected in terms of goal threat from both sides. Think we've been better on the ball though, just lacking a final ball. Atsu the only attacking outlet. Game is there to be won, as we've seen before.

Oh, and Alan Parry can f*** off. Been negative about every aspect of us all half.

:thup:

Yedlin's crossing is fucking disgustingly bad, Perez and Joselu offer fuck all either. Shelvey's been ok I guess, but he really can't create any space for himself when he has the ball as he has to have tons of space beforehand. Miss Merino's simple and quick play in the centre even if I think Shelvey's been one of the better players. Just that when he comes so so so deep we have nothing in the central area. Once again, fuck me Perez and Joselu offer fucking nada.

Oh, and Alan Parry can fuck off. Been negative about every aspect of us all half.

Like you said they have a plan of forcing us to play long and cutting off the passing lanes and it's working. When we've got through that Atsu and Perez have got into some half decent positions.

I despair at our striker situation. We've had to endure years of a badly fading Cisse, then a mediocre Mitrovic, a false dawn Gayle and now Joselu. Some proper scouting and/or investment needed. What I wouldn't give for a match winner in the Ba mould now.

Good strikers are expensive. That's the only problem.

Why Perez isn't laying the ball off long before he's fouled is beyond me. With his stupid little half falling over run. Sure he'd be passing to Joselu, but just fucking pass and counter, you freak.

Honestly think he gets confused at times and thinks winning a free kick is equal to a goal. Does it loads.

Guest firetotheworks

Some overly critical posts in here, like. [emoji38] Even from normally very good posters. Diame lost the ball twice, aside from that he's been fine. Manquillo has been absolutely fine as well. Our problems are the obvious ones, no number 10, no striker.

I wonder if there's a worse starting striker in the league.

I said that after the Stoke game, and everyone here said he just needs some time, looking back that Stoke game was actually a high point for him, at least he was getting into positions to score, he's not even doing that now, waste of a space in the team, honestly prefer a "weird frame of mind" Gayle to him.