Newcastle United vs Everton - 13/12/17 @ 7.45pm

HaydnNUFC

Simply cannot afford to lose this. I wouldn't take a draw, but we really need to keep as much breathing space as possible between us and the relegation zone, and a point keeps that critical distance.

Palace were always going to start winning; West Ham will too and Pards will have his customary good run at some point. Swansea are probably the only ones we can rely on being shite, then it's a case of hoping two sides above us enter freefall.

Lose tomorrow and it really is deep, deep trouble.

If the crowd couldn't get their arses in gear for the 125th anniversary game at a more reasonable hour on a weekend then I'm not optimistic about tonight.

Need something aggravating early in the game to get everyone going, I reckon.

Understandable the crowd are a bit quiet, we've been losing for weeks. It's down to the players to give them a lift.

Did they not do that with the early goal and strong start on Saturday?

Understandable the crowd are a bit quiet, we've been losing for weeks. It's down to the players to give them a lift.

Erm, yes? I didn’t say they didn’t.

Was it still bad at that point?

Sadly it was still pish and I'm at the front of the Gallowgate towards The Corner.

I genuinely just think we're in a state of total limbo and there's very little faith in the players, which isn't the most useful combination at the moment.

The takeover will make a world of difference, but relying on the crowd before that is fanciful at best. Need to grind out some results ugly IMO.

A win would be a huge, huge lift but I can't see us getting one tonight. I think it'll be 1-2 with Murphy for us and sigurdson and rooney for them

I hope we have Lascelles back, we need someone with fire and motivation on the pitch to inspire some fight when the going gets tough

Sadly it was still pish and I'm at the front of the Gallowgate towards The Corner.

I genuinely just think we're in a state of total limbo and there's very little faith in the players, which isn't the most useful combination at the moment.

The takeover will make a world of difference, but relying on the crowd before that is fanciful at best. Need to grind out some results ugly IMO.

Atmosphere was great up until the equaliser on Saturday. Even the Leicester manager said it was a difficult atmosphere to play in as have a few other opposition managers at SJP this season (Bilic, Klopp, Pochettino) The problem is, and you'll notice it tonight, that the style of play absolutely sucks the life out of the crowd and people become restless and even, dare I say it, bored by 20 minutes in. We never have a sustained amount of pressure on the opposition goal which along with a refereeing howler or a bad tackle are things that lift the crowd. People are edgy because we don't really look much of a threat going forward yet look vulnerable when the opposition do. This isnt a pop at the manager as hes doing what he can with a Championship quality squad but what we're watching now isn't condusive to a stirring atmosphere.

Fans react to what they see on the pitch, and if it's pretty turgid stiff the atmosphere will reflect that.

Huge match tonight. It could be one of those memorable nights I feel.

People need to face the fact that we're in the shit big time if we lose this, so those turning up tonight we just have to sing louder than ever and more than ever. Let's fucking get into it and into Fat Sam's lads and help get these 3 points.

HOWAY YA BASTADS