West Ham United 2-3 Newcastle United - 23/12/2017 - post match joy from p31

Disco

I still love the way all our players celebrate together when we score, such a simple thing but can't remember us ever having such a spirit before. 9 players in this photo after Atsu's goal, while Rafa and Mikel Antia have called Lascelles over (think they were telling him to mark Carroll himself). Also love Rafa giving instructions while everyone else is celebrating, he never switches off.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2017/12/23/16/478ADFDD00000578-5208491-image-a-154_1514047488088.jpg

Guest Howaythetoon

That was a really enjoyable game, more akin to a KK or Pardew team with all that attacking!

I thought we made lots of mistakes throughout with their goals easily preventable while ours were all decent strikes. What was noticeale however is we took the game to them and were less cautious which is probably because we had to win and needed to win.

Atsu for me was outstanding as was Lascelles and Ritchie put a hell of a shift in and was much better than of late. Every single player worked their balls off and if we keep playing like that, show the same togetherness and fight and try to get at teams, we should be OK especially if we can strengthen. My god though, WHU were awful and I do hope they go down.

For those that went, how was the taxpayers stadium?

Loved the support for Rafa as well.

Guest Howaythetoon

That was a really enjoyable game, more akin to a KK or Pardew team with all that attacking!

:ructions:

Howay, I was being ironic!

I still love the way all our players celebrate together when we score, such a simple thing but can't remember us ever having such a spirit before. 9 players in this photo after Atsu's goal, while Rafa and Mikel Antia have called Lascelles over (think they were telling him to mark Carroll himself). Also love Rafa giving instructions while everyone else is celebrating, he never switches off.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2017/12/23/16/478ADFDD00000578-5208491-image-a-154_1514047488088.jpg

Ah man, Saivet looks sooooo happy.

Guest Howaythetoon

RE their stadium from .com

This is a fantastic stadium - but certainly not designed, or suitably "re-purposed" for watching football in. One can only presume that athletics fans practice crossing their legs and don't bother trying to access some laughably small toilet facilities that may look nice, but aren't configured to make the best use of space.

Opera glasses were required to see the far end of the pitch though - even in the lower section - while the distance between the upper tier and the action was such that there was widespread confusion as the identity of the first Newcastle goalscorer.

Take it from us: it's further away than the equivalent Level Seven seats at SJP are to the Gallowgate End.

Long gone are the days of visiting players and officials near the old Chicken Run being baited incessantly by rabid home followers - the flagwaver on that side of the stadium now is almost in another postcode.

It may be wonderful for Mo Farah and Coldplay and the acoustics meant that the away travellers were clearly audible from outside both before and after the game.

In terms of becoming a "home" though, forget it. The place has all of the atmosphere of a theme park.

At no time did it feel like a top-flight game; before kickoff it seemed like those present were waiting for an orchestra to tune up and during play it had all the ambience of a continental pre-season kickabout.

Going 1-3 down seemed to be a relief for some of the home fans, who couldn't wait to abandon their seats and stream to the exits, glad of the excuse to go.

Incredibly this place even manages to convey less atmosphere than the Highbury branch of the British Library and the converted athletics stadium that Manchester City now call home.

In football terms, the only similar aspects we can recall were the unloved Olympic Stadium in Rome when we faced AS Roma and the old Stadio delle Alpi that was home to Juventus - the latter now rightly bulldozed.

Shame on you, West Ham. A decent enough club and support that has been emasculated by two greedy sex toy sellers and their smug henchwoman.

Trying to pretend that there is a Bobby Moore Stand and Trevor Brooking Stand in a soulless bowl doesn't convince anyone, while the "random" ticket giveaway pre-game when the winner admitted he'd been tipped off earlier made for classic (in-house stadium) TV. 

Thoughts from those that went?

Not been but watching on TV the moments when the ball would go behind the goal (when Elliot was fetching, timewasting etc) are very odd to watch. You really get a sense of just how far away the stand is and how much space there is. As oversized as the Stadio Olimpico is (Roma will finally be starting on a new stadium soon) there is at least advertising hoardings that must be hopped and stop the ball just rolling away.

RE their stadium from .com

This is a fantastic stadium - but certainly not designed, or suitably "re-purposed" for watching football in. One can only presume that athletics fans practice crossing their legs and don't bother trying to access some laughably small toilet facilities that may look nice, but aren't configured to make the best use of space.

Opera glasses were required to see the far end of the pitch though - even in the lower section - while the distance between the upper tier and the action was such that there was widespread confusion as the identity of the first Newcastle goalscorer.

Take it from us: it's further away than the equivalent Level Seven seats at SJP are to the Gallowgate End.

Long gone are the days of visiting players and officials near the old Chicken Run being baited incessantly by rabid home followers - the flagwaver on that side of the stadium now is almost in another postcode.

It may be wonderful for Mo Farah and Coldplay and the acoustics meant that the away travellers were clearly audible from outside both before and after the game.

In terms of becoming a "home" though, forget it. The place has all of the atmosphere of a theme park.

At no time did it feel like a top-flight game; before kickoff it seemed like those present were waiting for an orchestra to tune up and during play it had all the ambience of a continental pre-season kickabout.

Going 1-3 down seemed to be a relief for some of the home fans, who couldn't wait to abandon their seats and stream to the exits, glad of the excuse to go.

Incredibly this place even manages to convey less atmosphere than the Highbury branch of the British Library and the converted athletics stadium that Manchester City now call home.

In football terms, the only similar aspects we can recall were the unloved Olympic Stadium in Rome when we faced AS Roma and the old Stadio delle Alpi that was home to Juventus - the latter now rightly bulldozed.

Shame on you, West Ham. A decent enough club and support that has been emasculated by two greedy sex toy sellers and their smug henchwoman.

Trying to pretend that there is a Bobby Moore Stand and Trevor Brooking Stand in a soulless bowl doesn't convince anyone, while the "random" ticket giveaway pre-game when the winner admitted he'd been tipped off earlier made for classic (in-house stadium) TV. 

Thoughts from those that went?

How sad.  Upton Park was a good ground aswell.

Says it all really  :lol:

"Shame on you, West Ham. A decent enough club and support that has been emasculated by two greedy sex toy sellers and their smug henchwoman.

Trying to pretend that there is a Bobby Moore Stand and Trevor Brooking Stand in a soulless bowl doesn't convince anyone"

Even if they ever did get the opportunity to permanently convert it from an athletics stadium to a football one, I believe the roof makes it extremely difficult to do so. Any seats moved forward will always be uncovered.

Isn't that the case at Man City too? 140825-035-Man-City-Liverpool.jpg

look at all them customers.

I thought we made lots of mistakes throughout with their goals easily preventable while ours were all decent strikes. What was noticeale however is we took the game to them and were less cautious which is probably because we had to win and needed to win.

Atsu for me was outstanding as was Lascelles and Ritchie put a hell of a shift in and was much better than of late. Every single player worked their balls off and if we keep playing like that, show the same togetherness and fight and try to get at teams, we should be OK especially if we can strengthen. My god though, WHU were awful and I do hope they go down.

For those that went, how was the taxpayers stadium?

Loved the support for Rafa as well.

Merry Christmas and all, but seriously fuck off with that :lol: