Newcastle United 0-1 Manchester City - 27/12/17 - Post-match reaction from pg.26

Kaizero

There was obviously more to the game plan then just sitting back but players looked like they were bricking it and just gave up the ball. Probably a bit of pressure off after the goal and looked much better and had a go. In the end it was respectable and not a crushing confidence killer.

And the gameplan was spot on.

The gameplan was fine, it was just executed terribly for the first half an hour

You may have a point there also as surely Rafa would know that if you give city so much space and time on the ball they will murder you and would have but for some woeful finishing. The ball retention was Sunday league standard.

To be fair their wastefulness kept us in it. That's the point though isn't it, if they miss we stay in it and might nick something. Even if we did open up and try to attack more we would have still need them to miss a couple, and with less bodies around maybe they wouldn't have missed.

I dunno, wasn't the humping we all expected like

Sky’s coverage is shocking and again it’s because of them why there is such a disparity between such teams so Neville can whinge all he likes. I dearly hope someone like Amazon blows them out of the water with the next tv rights.

dunno in this case the oil money might have something to do with it

Guest Howaythetoon

No complaints. Went in with every chance of getting slaughtered, came out with -1 on the goal difference and proof that if our players put their mind to it, they can defend. Think that's the most frustrating thing about this match; if our defence could focus like that in a game where we attack a bit more, we wouldn't have conceded half as many of the goals we have.

First match in twelve that Man City haven't scored two or more.

Rafa's an embarrassment. Good thing you can change up the lyrics of the 'fat Cockney b******' song for 'fat Spanish waiter'. Get it started lads. He deserves it. Then we can get Bilic or Clement in and play proper football. :thup:

What a f***ing s*** post, no one had said Rafa is an embarrsement or even mentioned Bilic you cretin. KI now this is an embarrassing post. Crawl back under your stone worm.

Guest alijmitchell

Thought we did better than almost every other team in the league have done against these. Their goal was essentially a lack of concentration. Would have liked us to threaten more, but we’d have been given a hiding if we did.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No complaints. Went in with every chance of getting slaughtered, came out with -1 on the goal difference and proof that if our players put their mind to it, they can defend. Think that's the most frustrating thing about this match; if our defence could focus like that in a game where we attack a bit more, we wouldn't have conceded half as many of the goals we have.

Rafa's an embarrassment. Good thing you can change up the lyrics of the 'fat Cockney b******' song for 'fat Spanish waiter'. Get it started lads. He deserves it. Then we can get Bilic or Clement in and play proper football. :thup:

What a f***ing s*** post, no one had said Rafa is an embarrsement or even mentioned Bilic you cretin. KI now this is an embarrassing post. Crawl back under your stone worm.

HTT getting proper excited tonight like.

It was 0-0 at the half hour mark, so it did.

It didn't. The way we were playing was never going to work for the whole game. Sitting back is fine but you have to give yourself some break by keeping it for at least a few seconds when you get it. Afterwards we defended the same way but actually tried to do something when we had the ball

Sky absolutely falling all over themselves to get Murphy banned ffs.

Especially after MOTD’s pathetic analysis of the Bournemouth challenges yesterday.

It was a bad tackle, but no malice intended IMO.

But the ref and linesman clearly saw it and a foul was given, so it can't even be changed can it?

Aarons, Murphy, and Joselu (others too but those three especially) really lacked composure in the first half, which really hurt. Couldn’t take any of the pressure off.

Gayle could have shot before or after the dive. Two other close chances. Any of those go in and it’s party time on here.

I would have preferred we went for it though and lost 5-1.

I don't think we played any differently from the the 30 minute mark tbh. We had that chance straight after but it wasn't until a decent chunk into the 2nd half when we actually started to come out properly with City happy sitting back. They probably never piled forwards as much when they had their goal too.

It was 0-0 at the half hour mark, so it did.

It didn't. The way we were playing was never going to work for the whole game. Sitting back is fine but you have to give yourself some break by keeping it for at least a few seconds when you get it. Afterwards we defended the same way but actually tried to do something when we had the ball

Well we would have adapted our game plan as the match went on as we did, so that's a moot point.

Especially after MOTD’s pathetic analysis of the Bournemouth challenges yesterday.

But the ref and linesman clearly saw it and a foul was given, so it can't even be changed can it?

I think that rule has changed, i'm pretty sure the ref can have another look now if it was bad enough. Not that bad a challenge imo for that to happen.

Guest Howaythetoon

HTT getting proper excited tonight like.

It would help matters more if people could read and understand context and points made. Me - unacceptable and embarrassing first 35. Ooh, must want the fat Spanish waiter out for Bilic or Clement. Can’t be arsed, I stand my my observation of the first 35 and I do t want to see us ‘play’ like that again. Second half much better so well done the lads and Rafa, I still love the fucker.

I think that rule has changed, i'm pretty sure the ref can have another look now if it was bad enough. Not that bad a challenge imo for that to happen.

wouldn't be surprised if it was changed, right on the border of yellow and red for me

Happy with that performance, I’ve watched a few City games this season and we were in the game far longer than any of the other sides I’ve seen. We could have even nicked it. Lascelles returning has evidently galvanised the group, and I though Mikky Merino looked brilliant after coming on. Our players will have their heads held high going into the Brighton match, and for me that’s a result in itself. HWTL!

Probably. But I think we all know there will be some sort of bizarre loophole that means he’ll be banned for 10 games.