Newcastle United 0-1 Manchester City - 27/12/17 - Post-match reaction from pg.26

Kaizero

Guest firetotheworks

Sorry but this is embarrassing, I get they are a great team and we are a s*** team, but for 35 or so minutes it was like we weren’t even on the pitch. At least have a go, I’d rather lose 10-0 trying than 3 or 4 not trying. It’s awful stuff. They have a responsibility to all those paying to have a go and at least compete. This is not a way I want to see us play again ever, it goes against the whole meaning of playing a game of football and certainly against my own ideals. It stinks and I’m not buying it just because there is this gulf in class. Oh what have we become!

f*** off would you rather us lose 10-0 trying. That could send us down.

Fuck off, I would, because to me playing football is about competing. I can accept any loss by any margin if we try, but we have not tried at all. It was embarrassing, a non league side wouldn’t sit 11 men behind the ball and literally have a handful of touches on the ball. We are Newcastle United at home and we should never ever play this way regardless of who we are playing or how shit we are. They are a great team, but they are not 11 tucking superman’s. We are basically forefeiting the game and that’s not on. And before anyone starts I accept how great they are, how shit they are and there is no one as big a fan of Rafa as me, but I will never accept this. This isn’t football, this is fucking surrender. What was the flag the other week, Newcastle United will never be defeated? Ha, fucking mockery of that particular banner.

Amen to this its absolutely disgraceful we are treating this as if we are some 6th or 7th tier team in the FA Cup. Its absolutely fucking embarrassing to see 2 teams in the same division such poles apart. I don't give a shit if we get well beat as long as we try give it a go. This just highlights everything that is wrong with modern football

I see we were 12/1 to win this tonight and that is disgraceful for a team in the same division at home tbh, it just shows the huge disparity between 6 teams in this league and the rest, its becoming fucking farcical to be honest

Moron. Don't care, utter moron.

Tactics were spot on tonight. They gave us a chance to actually compete in the match rather than getting bummed 0-4+. We were one good ball away from getting a point against arguably the best premier league side ever. That's what I call competing.

Those saying the tactics were right tonight did you also say the same after the Benfica home game?

Pardew tried to turn that game into a 20 minute match for good reason, tonight we had a free chance to have a go tonight and didn't

I'm more frustrated tonight than I was after going out in the Europa League

Those saying the tactics were right tonight did you also say the same after the Benfica home game?

Pardew tried to turn that game into a 20 minute match for good reason, tonight we had a free chance to have a go tonight and didn't

We were already 3-1 down in that one! :lol: And that Benfica side were strong but absolutely nothing on the level City were tonight. And Pardew's a cunt.

Nowt wrong with the tactics, we just weren't good enough to use the ball well when we got possession.

:thup: Yep. A lot of good opportunities to break came to nothing because we shit ourselves. Still had enough chances to nick a point. The vast majority of teams this year will not even come close to being in that position.

Absolutely no shame in that performance whatsoever.

Nowt wrong with the tactics, we just weren't good enough to use the ball well when we got possession.

:thup: Yep. A lot of good opportunities to break came to nothing because we shit ourselves. Still had enough chances to nick a point. The vast majority of teams this year will not even come close to being in that position.

Absolutely no shame in that performance whatsoever.

Aye, the players lack of self belief in possession was embarrassing at times, but not their fault they aren't good enough. They at least stuck to the game plan and it was our best bet by far.

Guest neesy111

Rafa's tactics may be questioned by the press and wider public but ultimately we came very close to pinching a point which 18 other clubs have failed to do so far.

That's his job.

:clap:

So did west ham tbf.

Do both sides not realise there's room to be more aggressive or more defensive on both sides?  It's not that black and white.

With that said, there's not much wrong with what happened tonight. I expected a lot worse and we were in the game right till the end, really not sure what anyone expected tbh.

After all this is a team which has now won 16 in a row.

:lol:

Fucksake! 

Do both sides not realise there's room to be more aggressive or more defensive on both sides?  It's not that black and white.

Obviously, the problem is with people like Gary Neville sulking at the negativity of the tactics as if us opening up a bit more would definitely have been of benefit to us. He just wanted a more open game so he could wax lyrical about his Manc brothers.

The way we were on the ball I don't think it would have made any difference anyway, we cannot cut a team open on the counter in that mood, as we've seen plenty times this season.

Sorry but this is embarrassing, I get they are a great team and we are a s*** team, but for 35 or so minutes it was like we weren’t even on the pitch. At least have a go, I’d rather lose 10-0 trying than 3 or 4 not trying. It’s awful stuff. They have a responsibility to all those paying to have a go and at least compete. This is not a way I want to see us play again ever, it goes against the whole meaning of playing a game of football and certainly against my own ideals. It stinks and I’m not buying it just because there is this gulf in class. Oh what have we become!

f*** off would you rather us lose 10-0 trying. That could send us down.

Fuck off, I would, because to me playing football is about competing. I can accept any loss by any margin if we try, but we have not tried at all. It was embarrassing, a non league side wouldn’t sit 11 men behind the ball and literally have a handful of touches on the ball. We are Newcastle United at home and we should never ever play this way regardless of who we are playing or how shit we are. They are a great team, but they are not 11 tucking superman’s. We are basically forefeiting the game and that’s not on. And before anyone starts I accept how great they are, how shit they are and there is no one as big a fan of Rafa as me, but I will never accept this. This isn’t football, this is fucking surrender. What was the flag the other week, Newcastle United will never be defeated? Ha, fucking mockery of that particular banner.

Amen to this its absolutely disgraceful we are treating this as if we are some 6th or 7th tier team in the FA Cup. Its absolutely fucking embarrassing to see 2 teams in the same division such poles apart. I don't give a shit if we get well beat as long as we try give it a go. This just highlights everything that is wrong with modern football

I see we were 12/1 to win this tonight and that is disgraceful for a team in the same division at home tbh, it just shows the huge disparity between 6 teams in this league and the rest, its becoming fucking farcical to be honest

Urgh, fucking minging.

No doubt you’d be slagging the bloke off for being too naive if we had a right go at them and were 3 down in 20 minutes. Scandalous post tbh.

Considering we nearly nicked a draw I think Rafa got his tactics 'close' to spot on.  First half especially was awful to watch mind.

Yeah close to spot on is how I'd describe it tbh, if you were to nitpick I'd say there's probably moments where you push harder when possible but there's nothing to really complain about.

Also Hans I completely agree with you with regards to our ability on the ball tbh, there's not much else we could have done really. I'd ignore Neville tbh, the man is a moron and the fact Guardiola is praising Benitez says everything we need to concern ourselves with tbh.

enjoyed the game. unexpectedly came away from the ground disappointed at not getting a point.

and fuck me, forgotten how poor dummet was with a ball at his feet.

I genuinely don't think Manquillo is that bad tbh, when compared to Dummett who everyone seems to think is miles better.

enjoyed the game. unexpectedly came away from the ground disappointed at not getting a point.

and f*** me, forgotten how poor dummet was with a ball at his feet.

I genuinely don't think Manquillo is that bad tbh, when compared to Dummett who everyone seems to think is miles better.

agree.

and fuck me, forgotten how poor dummet was with a ball at his feet.

I think Manquillo has been really steady the past few weeks or so and even has the odd highlight going forward. I would have had Dummett in ahead of him straight away a couple of months ago but I'm not so sure now.