Newcastle United 0 - 0 Brighton - 30/12/17 - Post-wank discussion from pg 17

Dave

If you don't target a game against a promoted side at home as a game to fucking go out and get at them, then where the fuck are you looking to get points from?

No urgency, no quality (although not Rafa's fault), no fucking desire or anything to suggest we wanted to take any sort of control to get 3 points today.

Awful, just awful.

Guest firetotheworks

Not as apocalyptic about it as other people tbh. Same bellends came out of the woodwork as soon as it was obvious there was no result on the cards.

Guest reefatoon

The home team have had 43% of possession compared to the away team's 57% :undecided:

Every game is the same. It's what we do, surrender possession so we can try and not get beat.

Funny that, we beat West Ham just the other week with 35% possession whilst apparently 'trying not to get beat'

That's what we do. We go out to not get beat and if we score then brilliant. We never go out to try and take it to a team. I will never warm to this kind of football like, always detested the "not get beat" style. Just takes any kind of enjoyment out of the game of football.

I was taking the p*ss, you'd have to be a bit daft to think that we went out to not get beaten in that West Ham match.

I'm mainly talking about playing this way at home. It isn't right.

I don't agree, Rafa's working with what he has, if you think we should take it to teams indiscriminately, godspeed.

So are you happy with two banks of four in front of our box and letting a team as s*** as Brighton have all the possession? I just don't get it. It's not how it should be done at home, which is why our record is so s***.

I didn't say I was happy, I said Rafa's working with what he has.

He is, I agree with you, but I wish we would do it with the ball more. We set up at home like you would expect for an away game. You should never let the opposition have more of the ball than you at home like, but we set up like that. For me it is nowhere near good enough.

Guest Howaythetoon

Rafa is to blame too, it’s his tactics, it’s his subs, it’s his way of having us playing. I say way of playing, we don’t fucking play. Utter shite from them all. They can all fuck off.