Stoke City 0-1 Newcastle United- 01/01/18 - Post-match reaction from page 29

Greg

Gayle do anything when he came on?

Gave them something to think about at the back and possibly should have got us a penalty.

Was weird though, because I heard Rafa doesn't like scoring goals.

If Stoke didn't pick up form and somehow got relegated, would anyone really care?

They stunk the league out for years with Pulis, have done fuck all with Hughes, and spoilt it for the fans of other clubs on SSN's deadline day.

Gayle do anything when he came on?

Should have had a penalty if not for yet another shit refereeing decision, aside from that he made some good runs, made himself a nuisance and got involved. Decent performance imo.

Good to hear

Alan is happy

I love how he's come well and truly off the fence where we're concerned. f***ing love Shearer.

He was never on the fence. He's slated Ashley many times and always speaks highly of Rafa.

Relieved for the win, but it got me thinking. I genuinely think Lascelles is the only GOOD player we have. The rest are all average/championship quality.

I looked it up just before the Brighton game but with him in the team, today's result included

P17 W6 D3 L8 21 points 16 conceded

Without him

P5 W0 D1 L4 1 point 14 conceded

He's clearly our most important player. fwiw, both Man City and Liverpool got into the CL last season while averaging more than one goal a game conceded.

After all the doom and gloom of the last week, pointswise that's got to be our best Christmas for years. We always seem to have a shit holiday period, didn't do particularly well even in the Championship last year iirc.

Wasn't able to see/listen/follow the game but obviously chuffed with 3 points  :frantic:

How did we play? Deserved win?

Deserved win. Was nervy last ten. Rafa changed formation, went five at the back when Dummett came on. Understand why—they basically had three forwards on—but we were comfortable and then gifted them loads of possession and territory. Really thought they were going to equalise.

Glad we kept Murphy on despite most on here wanting him hooked at half time. It was clear we were really strong down our right. We barely attached down the left. Such a one sided heat map today:

IJHbs4t.png