Nicolai Jorgensen to stay at Feyenoord

WarrenBartonCentrePartin

Got to say I'm pretty stunned by the negative reaction to this, particularly from those who say they've never heard of him. People saying it's 'very worrying' ffs, I guess trusting Rafa isn't a thing after all.

I don't know anything about the guy and more than happy to read the views from those who do actually watch that league and/or have seen him play internationals, be they positive or negative. He's a good age and has scored a lot of goals in recent seasons, that's promising enough for me at this stage.

It just shows how desperate and downtrodden we've become under this owner that people seem to expect incredible signings in this price range despite it being the going rate for any average to reasonable player nowadays. Ashley's seemingly got everyone convinced that we can't afford to make a single mistake.

The fact that this deal may break our transfer record means absolutely nothing, in fact it's embarrassing.

Rant over. :lol:

My concern is the 14 million euros bit, if he's the £20m rated striker.

Got to say I'm pretty stunned by the negative reaction to this, particularly from those who say they've never heard of him. People saying it's 'very worrying' ffs, I guess trusting Rafa isn't a thing after all.

I don't know anything about the guy and more than happy to read the views from those who do actually watch that league and/or have seen him play internationals, be they positive or negative. He's a good age and has scored a lot of goals in recent seasons, that's promising enough for me at this stage.

It just shows how desperate and downtrodden we've become under this owner that people seem to expect incredible signings in this price range despite it being the going rate for any average to reasonable player nowadays. Ashley's seemingly got everyone convinced that we can't afford to make a single mistake.

The fact that this deal may break our transfer record means absolutely nothing, in fact it's embarrassing.

:clap:

I’ve not really seen him play much but he’s won me quite a few quid in the first goalscorer market over the last couple of seasons so he’s alright by me

Guest firetotheworks

I don't know anything about him, but I know that Gayle, Joselu, and Perez aren't good enough. Add in that I trust Rafa and I'm happy to go along with this.

I'm Danish and has followed Jørgensen for some years. Was a great talent when young and was sold to Leverkusen in Germany, got a few matches but never really got it going. Switched back to FC Copenhagen where he was great, at times probably the best striker in the Danish league. 51 goals in 137 matches for FC Copenhagen. He has played as offensive midfielder and as a winger for them as well.

In Feyenoord he's been playing as a striker. Had a very good 1st season for them, this season has been decent, been injured a couple of times and Feyenoord as club hasn't performed well either.

But I would say he's nowhere near worth €20m and i'm not convinced that he's the guy that can score goals for us.

Im Danish as well and have the same view on Jørgensen as Michael.

Normally i would be excited when Danes are linked with NUFC but in this case not so much.

I think he is good but not really (that) suited for the PL - he should rather go to Spain or Italy imo.

If he was signed as a 2nd or 3rd choice for less money it would be ok....but i do not see him as our saviour.

(we should sign Delaney who is a box to box CM from Werder Bremen)

Another Dane here.

Haven't been impressed with him when he has played as a striker for our NT. He's strong, technically good, his holdup-play is great but he's slow as fuck. He was very good for FC Copenhagen but they mostly played him as a winger or AM. However, it's impressive to win the Dutch league with Feyenoord, become topscorer in the league (and 2nd most assist in the league) in your first season in a new country. Unfortunately, he hasn't managed to continue those kind of stats this season but has also had a couple of injuries.

I think he'd be a flop here.

Except, you know, he has :lol:

:thup:

This is the best Rafa can come up with for £20m? Hope he knows what he's doing.

He's a list of strikers recently bought by PL teams in and around that price bracket:

Iheanacho

Ayew

Walcott

Arnautovic

Janssen

Tosun

Gray

Musa

That's what ~20M gets you these days and some of them (Walcott) are probably not possible for us due to wages.

Guest reefatoon

That price must have been what Brighton have offered us for Mitrovic. We won't go over it unless Brighton up their bid.

Rant over. [emoji38]

I suppose people (certainly me) was hoping for a striker more in the mold of Rafa signing Torres or Higuain. Not in terms of ability or price obvs but their style of play and what they can bring to the team, an upgrade on Gayle. So a Sturridge or maybe King or something. Instead it looks like we're getting an upgrade on the Mitro/Joselu role.

Joselu can have games where he plays that role well and brings others into play, if this lad can do that consistently and bury the chances Joselu misses when they come his way then that's fine, especially if Rafa decides to add some more pace in behind now with the addition of Ken Kenedy.

In Rafa we trust.

Rant over. [emoji38]

I suppose people (certainly me) was hoping for a striker more in the mold of Rafa signing Torres or Higuain. Not in terms of ability or price obvs but their style of play and what they can bring to the team, an upgrade on Gayle. So a Sturridge or maybe King or something. Instead it looks like we're getting an upgrade on the Mitro/Joselu role.

Joselu can have games where he plays that role well and brings others into play, if this lad can do that consistently and bury the chances Joselu misses when they come his way then that's fine, especially if Rafa decides to add some more pace in behind now with the addition of Ken Kenedy.

In Rafa we trust.

I don't think Rafa is happy with his striker choices even if we get Jørgensen though. But it's one step towards improving our ranks, so I for one welcome it.

Rant over. [emoji38]

In Rafa we trust.

I don't think Rafa is happy with his striker choices even if we get Jørgensen though. But it's one step towards improving our ranks, so I for one welcome it.

If course. If Rafa thinks he's an upgrade then I'm all for it. As I've said elsewhere I'm hoping he intends to play a pacy three in behind a la Liverpool so maybe this lad up front then Kenedy/Atsu/Murphy floating about behind him. Might work.

Rant over. [emoji38]

In Rafa we trust.

Agree with this really - slightly underwhelmed by Jorgensen (or indeed anyone of his ilk).  I thought it wouldn't be unrealistic to set our sights on someone with a slightly better reputation with a decent goal scoring record in a better league.  Ultimately the wages we pay should be high enough to attract most players outside the PL and the obvious clubs, so we shouldn't necessarily be limiting ourselves to a player like Jorgensen.  But maybe we just can't/aren't willing to compete in that market anymore and this is the best we can hope for.

I totally appreciate I'm basing my knowledge off a combination of twitter, various football management games and world soccer etc, but I would much rather we took a punt on someone like Luan for €18m (https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/liverpool-categorically-not-talks-sign-14195085) than Jorgensen, but we've got to trust Rafa.

If we get this one in, do we really have players who'll create the chances? Our midfielders seem average at best. Chances have been a premium for us. Not like we have had loads of chances and not a good striker to finish them off. Joselu and Gayle are average too. Really concerned we're seemingly splashing money on this guy. Would rather go for a proven goalscorer in the poacher type if at all possible.

Anyway, yous can all rest assured, because we’re not getting him or anyone in his price bracket :lol:

I think that's the key thing here. There's no way Ashley will sanction us selling Mitrovic to pay £20m for an unknown quantity from the Dutch league. He can say what he wants about backing Rafa in the transfer market, I just don't believe it.

If we get a striker in, do we really have players who'll create the chances? Our midfielders seem average at best. Chances have been a premium for us. Not like we have had loads of chances and not a good striker to finish them off. Joselu and Gayle are average too. Really concerned we're seemingly splashing money on this guy. Would rather go for a proven goalscorer in the poacher type if at all possible.

Gayle had 4 good chances against Swansea a couple of them sitters, other players had good chances as well.  If we'd had a striker who could finish chances that game we'd have at least 2 more points right now.  Not the first time its happened this season either, where we've created chances and they've all been missed.

We do struggle to create in some games, against the top sides, but its the teams around us that we need to beat most and we've shown we can create against them.

Rant over. [emoji38]

In Rafa we trust.

If course. If Rafa thinks he's an upgrade then I'm all for it. As I've said elsewhere I'm hoping he intends to play a pacy three in behind a la Liverpool so maybe this lad up front then Kenedy/Atsu/Murphy floating about behind him. Might work.

Hoping for this tbh, especially as Ritchie's form has dipped so much recently.