The other games today 2018/19

Greg

Anyone see the assist from Sancho for Dortmund's 3rd goal over the weekend?

Was class all game. Lovely take for his goal too.

Clearly a fairly switched on kid too going there, a brave manager would take him to the WC.

Weird choice of player to hate.

Why?

Type of player when he receives the ball 1v1 with the fullback the crowd immediately get to their feet. He’s an entertaining attacking footballer. I like those types of players. 

He’s not a dirty player.  Doesn’t kick or hurt other players, doesn’t seem particularly arrogant or owt.

Alli I get, he’s a dirty player ‘has a bit of devil in him’ but Zaha? His a nice lad and a baller.

He's a downright blatant diving cheat. So very easy to dislike.

Tbf to Zaha he’s at the perfect club given that seemingly every single person involved over the last 30 years, and their support - that isn’t allowed to leave London, is an absolute wankrag.

Be interested to see if he moves given how he totally fucked up his chance at Man Utd. I suspect he’s happy where there’s no pressure.

Clearly a fairly switched on kid too going there, a brave manager would take him to the WC.

I really hope Sancho has set the example for the rest of the English youngsters out there - there's too many that waste their careers in U23 football or poor loans in the lower leagues - go out of your comfort zone and take a chance. All credit to Sancho - hope he goes on to have a successful career.

I really hope Sancho has set the example for the rest of the English youngsters out there - there's too many that waste their careers in U23 football or poor loans in the lower leagues - go out of your comfort zone and take a chance. All credit to Sancho - hope he goes on to have a successful career.

I remember getting stick on here for saying that Oliver Burke was a moron for leaving Leipzig for West Brom, so don't hold your breath.

I remember getting stick on here for saying that Oliver Burke was a moron for leaving Leipzig for West Brom, so don't hold your breath.

It's weird to think that we'd probably have never seen him play for Man City, but I bet they buy him back in a few years for about £200m.

It's weird to think that we'd probably have never seen him play for Man City, but I bet they buy him back in a few years for about £200m.

I honestly believe there are loads of top quality players in Youth football (that belong to the elite clubs mostly - Man C, Man U, Chelsea, Arsenal, Lpool and Spurs) - unless they are at the same level as Messi - I would say none will come through - teams like these don't have time to bring players through - its about winning trophies or CL qualification as a minimum requirement these days

I watched Kevin Campbell on the Debate show last week - he pulled his son out of the Man C academy because there was no avenue for him to get to the first team - he was saying too many kids/parents naturally assume that if they are in the elite academies, they've made it - reality is they couldn't be further from the truth

How many current England players have come through the academies of the top six? The Man United lads and Wilshere, is that it?

Going to a lower league academy seems like a far more likely method of progression at the moment.

Can’t knock the lad for wanting to play football. He lost all his confidence and was sat on the bench in Germany. He give it a shot moving abroad and it didn’t really work out, nothing wrong with that. The ‘Scottish Messi’ still hasn’t been capped and barely played a game for Sporting in 4 years since he moved there either whilst his mate has became a starter for Liverpool about to play in the semis of the Champions League. I agree that it’s good too see Brits moving away but ultimately any move at the age is still a risk wherever you go.

Can’t knock the lad for wanting to play football. He lost all his confidence and was sat on the bench in Germany. He give it a shot moving abroad and it didn’t really work out, nothing wrong with that. The ‘Scottish Messi’ still hasn’t been capped and barely played a game for Sporting in 4 years since he moved there either whilst his mate has became a starter for Liverpool about to play in the semis of the Champions League. I agree that it’s good too see Brits moving away but ultimately any move at the age is still a risk wherever you go.

Even if you go abroad there's no guarantee you'll make it if you're shit. Still better to take a risk at a "medium" European club in a decent league than going to a "massive" English club and end up playing for the reserves for five years, I'd say.

His loan team are in the Portuguese Cup Final so not all dewm and glewm.

How many current England players have come through the academies of the top six? The Man United lads and Wilshere, is that it?

Going to a lower league academy seems like a far more likely method of progression at the moment.

There's a lesser-known guy called Harry Kane who I believe is on the fringes of the squad.

You can also add Harry Winks, Jake Livermore, Ruben Loftus-Cheek. Andros Townsend on the fringe (depressingly). Welbeck. Tammy Abraham and Solanke have caps this year, as does Sturridge.

Who? :lol: I looked at the last couple of squads and he wasn't in, so immediately forgot about him. I counted Welbeck in the Man United crowd and I just didn't want to include Livermore and Solanke as they're shite. :lol: I discounted Sturridge on the basis he came up through the real Man City who were wank.

Sounds like Liverpool fans are doing their scary bus entrance shit again. Climbing on police vans and lobbing flares around.

Even though obviously all Liverpool fans are cunts, and I'm not saying for a second that they're not, I'm all for a bit of intimidation pre-match. Nee lobbing stuff at windows, but I've no issues with a few flares and some MEAN songs.