The other games today 2018/19

Greg

Aye apparently he was ambushed by Roma fans who were not showing their colours.

Roma need to be kicked out for this.

It's absolutely appaling what has happened, but why should they be kicked out for this? Should England be kicked out of international football for the twenty plus fans who were arrested for trashing and being violent in Amsterdam couple of weeks ago? Should Russia be kicked out for the bother the Spartak Moscow fans caused in Bilbao (I think it was)? It's despicable, but I feel it's so harsh to punish everyone for the act of a few idiots. I'm all for banning away fans after stuff like this, but kicking teams out of competition won't solve anything.

Should have some surveillance cameras around who have caught the face of those who committed these crimes and refuse them to leave the country and put them in jail.

As for the game. Mo Salah. Get Egypt through to the last 16 or quarters and he deserves the best player of the year award. He's been absolutely ridiculous.

Salah's 50/1 to be top scorer in the WC. Dunno how he plays for Egypt but they're in a pretty easy group.

Wow that is really intriguing :thup:

Egypt typically play a very good team game, and they will look to feature him as their main guy, so that is very very tempting indeed. I will definitely be jumping on that.

If Salah on this form can get a team incapable of defending to the CL final, it's fair to wonder what he might do in the cagier, more-likely-to-keep-it-tight world of national teams. I think even the most ardent Liverpool fan would struggle to credit Klopp's tactics or Firminho or something else for Salah's first. That was simple individual brilliance.

Doesn't Ramadan start during the middle of next month?

The fasting could easily effect Salah's game for the end of the month and going into the world cup. An athlete at that level needs lots of energy.

Think we start fasting May 16th - you can make fasts up during the year if you don't keep them for a particular reason (also have to make a charitable donation)

Bear in mind fasting is from about 2;45am to around 9:30pm