The other games today 2018/19

Greg

Oh yeah, I wouldn't use him as a stick to beat Mourinho with, albeit quite happy to beat Mourniho with a stick if given the chance. Whos got the better manager man u or liverpool is not very interesting.

The answer is Liverpool. if Mourinho doesn't mount a title challenge this season I can see him throwing the head up and leaving in an acrimonious split.

His style is outdated. It doesn't really work anymore.

Burnley, Leicester, and Everton are in a somewhat strange position. The table from last season reflects that they are good sides with the potential to push on towards the top six and challenge for honours in the upcoming campaign, but the truth is that all three of these sides played abject, relegation quality football for large stretches and stood out from the rest of the bottom clubs in a very poor Premier League season on the back of a couple runs of good form. Burnley for instance, went 11 matches without a victory at one point and finished the season with an additional five winless matches. Newcastle are in a similar position. It would be very foolish to read a lot into the comfortable 10th placed finish. Everton and Leicester have too much quality imo, but Burnley going down would not be a surprise to me at all.

Guest firetotheworks

Burnley were my top pick to struggle last season and I'm gonna double down and say it'll be this season instead.

Not so sure West Ham will be that great myself. Watched them the other day against Villa & they're still relying on Noble in the middle, unless they're signing a quality CM, I can see them being a bit of a let down again. Anderson will probably be good, Wilshere will be injured soon, in fact he took a knock the other night.

Lots of quality pre season games today. Was critical of the ICC before but now I just wanna see football.

It makes far more sense for preseason football than wasting your time beating the shit out of some 3rd division Hungarian side

Don't know if it's an unpopular opinion but I find watching pre-season games on the telly that aren't your own team unbelievably shit

I'm with you on that, the only real pre season game l watch with any kind of intrigue is the Charity Shield.

I find the Charity Shield boring too, I actively avoid watching it. Couldn't even tell you who won it in any of the previous seasons

Thinking about it me neither, suppose it's because it's the English football season starter.