The other games today 2018/19

Greg

He needs to take a year out and then join a club that doesn’t have a bottomless pit of money or is expected to win things. Do a Rafa Jose, do what you do best, coaching, managing, creating a team better than the sum of its parts. At the moment he is finished as far as being able to dominate/compete even at an elite club. He is obviously burnt out and to me just seems like his entire existence is one big chore or ball ache to him. Mourinho at his best is someone who can find a winning solution even without having the best players, team or most money spent regardless of the opposition. He is just one of a handful of managers who guarantees silverware. He is way past his best at the moment though and won’t be winning the big trophies any time soon, here or in Europe, as a result.

Mourinho will end up at Newcastle in the next 10 years, I reckon  :lol: (unless he retires which is probably a fair possibility)

Mou is gone by Jan. He's already in meltdown, slagging players, whinging. It's over.

Seems to happen eventually - gets a nice pay off then onto the next club.

Something's wrong with him, not sure what it is. Not sure if he's depressed or the Chelsea/Doc/Hazard situation broke him but he's not been the same since & he's dragging the club and players down with him in a cloud of misery.

Think he's just a relentless asshole

Can't see Man U even hitting the top 4 this season tbh. Mourinho has totally lost it.

Forming this opinion from a few comments during the preseason tour doesn't make sense to me, tbh. We have not seen them play a competitive match or even a preseason match with anything resembling a first team squad. The last time we saw them play they were second and are likely to make at least one more big signing before the season starts.

They are still second-favourites for the title in my opinion. Mourinho's histrionics do not seem any different to me, he has largely been a petulant and negative personality since he started at Madrid.

Can't see Man U even hitting the top 4 this season tbh. Mourinho has totally lost it.

Forming this opinion from a few comments during the preseason tour doesn't make sense to me, tbh. We have not seen them play a competitive match or even a preseason match with anything resembling a first team squad. The last time we saw them play they were second and are likely to make at least one more big signing before the season starts.

They are still second-favourites for the title in my opinion. Mourinho's histrionics do not seem any different to me, he has largely been a petulant and negative personality since he started at Madrid.

I agree with this, think they'll finish top 4 easily.

To seriously challenge for the title Mourinho will need to loosen the shackles, can't park the bus as there are too many good teams at the top.

Also Pogba is full of confidence and Mourinho might have learnt a thing or two from Deschamps as to how to get the best out of him.

Nah. Easily top 4 and will compete very hard for second, in my opinion. Once he gets his squad back, they will be fine. His football is boring but effective.

Didn;t realise Shay Given was on Lampard's staff. Been such a dirty game.

That Icelandic striker is absolutely shite for Reading and has been every time I;ve seen him the last 2 or so years