The other games today 2018/19

Greg

He’s been overtaken. The likes of pep have taken the game to a new level which he seemingly can not go to. They play more attractive football, they coach players in to superstars. He’s lost whatever it was that made him special. The makeup of the premier league was simpler back when he first game. Everyone plays my 4-4-2. He knew exactly hw to counteract those simplistic tactics. Today things are more complicated. These days few teams play that way, José has clearly not been able to adapt

Guest Howaythetoon

He needs some time out, kind of sad to see given what he has achieved and just how good he was, but he is looking way out of his depth even against the likes of Chris Hughton (no offence to him as I love the guy) and Dyche.

That was fun. RedCafe was fun too:

The guy said we needed transfers. He didn't get them (thanks, Ed) and you want him sacked?

I think Woodward needs to be blamed more than Jose. If a manager has been given a contract extension, you should fecking back him up with the players that he needs until at least the end of his contract. Otherwise what is the fecking point.

It's dull and pointless, but every single time a moneybags manager complains it should be pointed out - his team cost 391M, and his subs cost 97M (ascribing 37M to Mkhi), plus wages=infinity. Our team cost 99M and our subs 33M. Fuck off Jose, just fuck off.

Here's the voice of reason:

Spurs didn't sign anyone in the Summer but instead of turning the club into a toxic wasteland Pochettino got on with producing a well coached, cohesive and structured team. Utd had a good go at them in the first half, like a lower level team, nothing solid behind it, and as soon as energy levels dropped and the game settled there was only one team that looked like an actual team.

Yes, we need better players but we also need a manager who understands that spending money is not the only way to improve the team.

Can't argue with that. I'd add in that in the 3 games Man Utd have played they've used all manner of systems and personnel. Not only has this made them look even more disjointed that normal it screams of a manager not confident in his players or his own ability. On top of that they've looked physically poorer prepped than the 3 teams they've played thus far.

I like Mourinho and think he raises some valid points. Maybe you could say the way he interacts with the press dictates the way they write about him & interview him, but I do feel he's held to different standards and judged in a negative manner more readily than most others.

Probably cos he’s an utter cunt

I like Mourinho and think he raises some valid points. Maybe you could say the way he interacts with the press dictates the way they write about him & interview him, but I do feel he's held to different standards and judged in a negative manner more readily than most others.

What valid points do you think he raises out of interest?

Probably cos he’s an utter cunt

Nah, unwilling to think a man who I only really get an insight into through the various, disgusting media outlets in this country is an outright cunt. It's much more likely in my head that they're the ones that could be more closely described as such, not certain individuals, but the rabid, wolflike totality of their respective organisations. They see he has thin patience for their lines of questioning which seek no more than easy, convenient soundbites and have little willingness for reason and understanding; so they push his buttons relentlessly and then paint the picture of this loose canon of a man. I'm not willing to believe that's him, he seems like an intelligent guy who can't abide by their shite and loses it regularly with them. I have a feeling I'd be the same.

Guest Howaythetoon

He can moan all he likes about not being backed or not being able to spend this or that, when you have players like Rashford, Martial and even Sanchez being wasted or their talent unfulfilled it becomes kind of a joke really which he now is and so are Man Utd. He is simply not getting the best out of that squad in all areas of the pitch and there are players who are not getting into the team on a regular basis who are being paid fortunes or cost a lot of money, money wasted as things stand.

He used to be able to coach players and find a system and way of playing and to great success, now it’s like he can’t be bothered with players even the better ones and thinks by spending more money or buying a different player to replace whoever he deems not good enough or he has gave up on will simply fix things for him.

That’s not how it works Jose and why he would struggle without a big budget and top players, and badly too. He would relegate us IMO.

Man Utd should try and break the bank for Pochettino who has Spurs the best coached team IMO and consistently at a level that would have seen them win something a few years ago.

I hope that doesn’t happen of course and they give the job to Giggs or Mark Hughes :lol: