Martin Dúbravka

Figures 1-0 Football

5 minutes ago, BullyDogs said:

Hes earning 0 at the moment 75k a week is better than 0

But if he were to accept say 75k there would be more alternatives from clubs that would probably also be willing to offer him a longer contract.

I think Dubravka has to be given time. It's a gamble but it's one where we have little choice unless we opt for Karius who is also just as much a gamble.

We can't do anything till January anyway so we just have to hope Dubravka finds his form and our defence gets back to brass tacks.

De Gea in January would be fine as a stop gap but I hate his wages and would hope the club don't bow down to that kind of ask.

I think we can assume Pope's out for the season and I'd rather he was just so he can fully heal and recuperate.

Anyway only a loan keeper would suffice for me, whoever that may be because I don;t want a top keeper here who would oust Pope whist Pope still has a contract with us.

He was looking poor prior to the goals for me and then goals 2 and 3 looked bad. I think he will be fine and is obviously not the reason we lost, but he’s a lot further off Pope’s level than I remembered.

Tbh if you’re Dubravka in this situation and you’re not trusted to play the next 20/25 games, there’s no point in you being here.

It’s not like he’s accepted he’s in a position like Karius or Gillespie where he’ll only ever play a small handful of games at most, should particular circumstances arise.

And from our point of view, there’s no point in paying a reserve keeper ~40k a week if we don’t trust him to play that number of games.

Don't think he can be blamed for the first two but obviously at fault for the last one and generally flapped about a lot. Ironic that his one strength with the ball at his feet is Pope's only weakness. Got to give him till January at least.

Edited by Beth

rewatch the first goal. If stands up he can side step left and take it at head height. Instead he tries to dive, his left leg plants backwards instead of a positive step towards the direction of the dive. He dives short and under the ball. 

There's a great team in London to support for those who just want to buy their way out of short term trouble. No guarantee for success though.

Can't get over the amount of people who legitimately wants us to bring in De Gea short term when we have a PL proven GK in Dubs, with the added risk of disrupting not only the keepers we already have on our books, but the entire squad if some has been strolls in on double the wages the next player has.

Same people who were desperate to get Lingaard in by any chance?

17 minutes ago, Conjo said:

There's a great team in London to support for those who just want to buy their way out of short term trouble. No guarantee for success though.

Can't get over the amount of people who legitimately wants us to bring in De Gea short term when we have a PL proven GK in Dubs, with the added risk of disrupting not only the keepers we already have on our books, but the entire squad if some has been strolls in on double the wages the next player has.

Same people who were desperate to get Lingaard in by any chance?

You ‘can’t get over’ people wanting a good keeper in net instead of a mediocre one? I don’t think Dubravka is a bad goalkeeper - though realistically he’s probably worse than when we were relegation candidates - but unless we’re reducing our ambitions for this season you can surely acknowledge why we’d would see a significant deficit caused by Pope’s injury and look for a remedy.

While I think Pope would've done better with the goals, that's why he's our No 1 and Dubs is back up.

What I was more worried about was how much of an impact he had on our overall play. I get he can play it out from the back a bit better than Pope but I was shocked just how much we attempted it, especially when our players were getting utterly swarmed and looking terrified.

His being rooted to his line impacted us a lot imo, too. Felt like every time the ball got punted in to our box it would just be bouncing around for ages, defenders looking petrified of it and I couldn't shake the feeling that Pope would've taken command of those situations with how he comes out to claim balls. 

I just hope a bit more understanding comes between the players. Still don't particularly want us going out and getting someone like De Gea, not that I think he'd come unless it was for stupid money anyway.

38 minutes ago, OCK said:

rewatch the first goal. If stands up he can side step left and take it at head height. Instead he tries to dive, his left leg plants backwards instead of a positive step towards the direction of the dive. He dives short and under the ball. 

Great analysis, I thought he dove short too. 

25 minutes ago, Ronaldo said:

You ‘can’t get over’ people wanting a good keeper in net instead of a mediocre one? I don’t think Dubravka is a bad goalkeeper - though realistically he’s probably worse than when we were relegation candidates - but unless we’re reducing our ambitions for this season you can surely acknowledge why we’d would see a significant deficit caused by Pope’s injury and look for a remedy.

I don't think we need to reduce our ambitions if we play Dubs and Karius until Pope is back.

I don't think De Gea is close to what he used to be, and on top of that he hasn't played a competitive game since April.

If it was a younger prospect we'd be looking to take over for Pope in the future I'd be more in favor of getting someone in despite not seeing it as a necessity.

Edited by Conjo