Martin Dúbravka

Figures 1-0 Football

1 minute ago, Pilko said:

I've always said Dubravka was crap, I've never said any different, turns out I was right.

You're a thick bastard at the best of times anyway but clearly having an especially divvy day today.

Pot calling kettle.

I'm a thick bastard, righteo.

I don't throw decent servants to the club under the bus like pathetic internet warriors like yourself.

Edited by El Prontonise

Just now, Wallsendmag said:

Let in 7 goals in 2 games and he's hardly been peppered with shots either. He's dreadful and his indecisiveness gives the defence the jitters. I'd play Karius on Wednesday. He can't be any worse.

The defence has been utterly dogshit with 5 of the goals down to the defence fuck ups :lol:

1 minute ago, Wallsendmag said:

Let in 7 goals in 2 games and he's hardly been peppered with shots either. He's dreadful and his indecisiveness gives the defence the jitters. I'd play Karius on Wednesday. He can't be any worse.

You seen our defending for those goals?

2 minutes ago, El Prontonise said:

Pot calling kettle.

I don't throw decent servants to the club under the bus like pathetic internet warriors like yourself.

You attacked me first and I'm a pathetic internet warrior :lol: righteo.

I've admitted plenty times when I've been wrong before, I'm right about Dubravka, live with it.

Not a good performance tonight, but I'm not gonna write him off, he's still barely played and will be rusty as fuck.

If he doesn't start to pick up over the next game or 2 we do need to start looking at alternatives, but have faith he can get back to his old self.

He's a decent shot stopper and generally looked fine in a low block under previous coaches. He has no idea where to be when we're further up the pitch though, starting position is woefully bad, he's as far from a "sweeper keeper" as you can get. 

All that aside, I do think Dubravka was decent enough. Whether he's gotten worse, Pope opened my eyes to what a really good 'keeper is, or it's a bit of both, that was a rubbish performance like.

The 3rd in particular was night and day between him and Pope who gobbles balls (steady!) like that up all day.

Edited by Kid Icarus

He’s a liability in this system. He might be able to play with his feet a bit better than Pope but he looks like he’d rather get kicked in the bollocks than come for anything around the penalty area.

Send up the bat signal for Ramsdale.

8 minutes ago, El Prontonise said:

Pot calling kettle.

Agree with this. I thought he was one of our better players during the shit years, but we've outgrown him. Don't think he was a bad keeper at all even if he's not looked great since coming back in.

7 minutes ago, El Prontonise said:

You seen our defending for those goals?

Yes but it's been mainly reliable defenders who've made errors. Dubravka hasn't played for years and looks rubbish. If rather take him out the team long term than Trippier.

1 minute ago, Wallsendmag said:

Defence don't look like they have much confidence in him.

Not sure you can blame confidence in the keeper for the defensive fuck ups for those goals.

Two of them are Trippier missing the ball :lol:

Edited by Aiston