Martin Dúbravka

Figures 1-0 Football

He's a funny keeper, like. Absolutely capable of a truly glittering performance, but equally likely to spend a match waving feathers at balls as they fly past him. 

Nice to see him get a glory night. He's always been a proud Newcastle player, and it was pride which made him leave when he became no 2. He's been a good keeper for us when we were a struggling Premier side, we've just moved on and need a CL class keeper now, which he is not.

6 hours ago, Weezertron said:

Just watching the pens again and I’m absolutely made up for him. Can’t have been easy to see/hear the criticism he’s received since popes injury.

Hopefully he doesn't read any of that stuff.

5 hours ago, Cronky said:

Always been a good shot-stopper. Slightly dodgy on crosses. We needed the former last night and he stepped up.

I think he's actually pretty good and proactive coming for crosses/corners.  It's more when he has to make a decision to sweep up.  Generally, it's when he needs to come off his line to collect/clear or close an attacker down when it's on the deck, that I worry and you'll see him in no man's land or just rooted to his line.  

14 hours ago, Disco said:

Feel sorry for that daft cunt who used to post about how much he hated him for little or no reason. He must be fucking seething. Unlucky lad.

more than one.

2 hours ago, The College Dropout said:

Thanks Martin. Made some big saves too in the game.

That final penalty save was magnificent too. Fingertips onto the post.

brilliant save. 

obviously neutrals and home fans bleating that he stepped off his line.

We all knew he was decent, and he's being exactly that again now. Stuck to his line too much, but you'll struggle to find a better number 2 in the league tbf to him. 

That save second half, I couldn't decide if it was one for the cameras or an excellent diving hold of a chance that I thought was going in. :lol:

He's had a great week, hope he keeps it up.

26 minutes ago, Pilko said:

That save second half, I couldn't decide if it was one for the cameras or an excellent diving hold of a chance that I thought was going in. :lol:

He's had a great week, hope he keeps it up.

The shot or the header?

31 minutes ago, M1tche said:

We all knew he was decent, and he's being exactly that again now. Stuck to his line too much, but you'll struggle to find a better number 2 in the league tbf to him. 

he’s decent but there’s a few better number 2s out there.

City, Liverpool, Arsenal have far better for starters. You would of course expect that to be the case but there are a few others that push him close

He's good enough as a number two like, there's no doubt about that. There was a cross that he claimed in between two Wolves players in the second half that was very good. He just does the basics very well.

8 minutes ago, El Prontonise said:

The shot or the header?

Think it was the header, not watched it back yet mind.

Edited by Pilko