Martin Dúbravka

Figures 1-0 Football

5 minutes ago, HUGZ said:

02:02 - 02:08:

Interviewer: In your mind, what have been the biggest factors behind the turnaround in form?

Dubs: Gaffah with his team.

Has there been any positive words about Bruce from any of the players since he left, with the exception of ASM being a bit sad just when he was sacked?

I don't think so.

The whole team are beating this 'team' mantra which I love. There are no superstars and the team is becoming more than the sum of its components. The Dubravka, Shelvey and Wood interviews are all fantastic and everything just seems to much more controlled and professional. 

6 hours ago, Conjo said:

02:02 - 02:08:

Interviewer: In your mind, what have been the biggest factors behind the turnaround in form?

Dubs: Gaffah with his team.

Has there been any positive words about Bruce from any of the players since he left, with the exception of ASM being a bit sad just when he was sacked?

And remember, there wasn't this same response when Rafa left. I think they all knew sharpish Bruce was a charlatan and the second he threw them under the bus they were checked out.

• 2 weeks later...

Martin Dubravka (Slovakia):

Fri 25.03.2022 Norway (a) lost 0-2 FR
The Newcastle goalkeeper wasn't in the matchday 23 for the kickabout in Oslo - reason unknown.

Any further news on this? Cba with Darlow in nets for any games

https://www.nufcblog.com/2022/03/27/387888/

Martin Dubravka was also pulled from the Slovakian national team last week. Martin was not part of the squad that was defeated in Norway 2-0. It appears that the goalkeeper will also miss Tuesday’s friendly at Finland with what is being described as angina.

Here is what Slovakia’s manager Stefan Tarkovic said before the Norway friendly about Dubravka’s situation as published by futbalsfz.sk:

“I am very sorry that two more players have to leave.

“Martin Dúbravka is suspected of having angina. Our doctors started antibiotic treatment for him.

“He is in isolation and will definitely not be part of the team in Norway and Finland.”

There may be an issue with the Google translation, and Martin’s situation may not be as serious as described. Angina can be defined as either:

a condition marked by severe pain in the chest, often also spreading to the shoulders, arms, and neck, caused by an inadequate blood supply to the heart.

any of a number of disorders in which there is intense localized pain.

Angina seems like an odd diagnosis for an athlete in peak physical condition. The treatment isn’t usually antibiotics from what I can find. So Martin may be suffering from localized pain but it’s hard to discern due to Tarkovic’s quotes being a translation.

However, it is still a concern with the Tottenham match just six days away. So hopefully, we’ll get some more information in the coming days on the status of both Schar and Dubravka.

Latest Update on Martin Dúbravka after the angina scare

Over the weekend, Slovakia’s head coach confirmed that Martin Dubravka had been sent back to Newcastle after falling ill with ‘suspected angina.’

Stefan Tarkovic stated that their doctors had started the NUFC stopper on a course of antibiotics, however he wasn’t well enough to play and had been ruled out of their clash with Finland tomorrow after leaving the Slovakia camp.

A few days on, The Chronicle have now issued a much needed update on the goalkeeper’s situation ahead of Sunday’s trip to Spurs.

They report that he is expected to train on Tyneside this week, insisting that the issue he’s experiencing is an ‘infection’ and NOT angina – a chest issue which can reduce blood flow to the heart and cause pain in that area.

So, Dubravka will sit out of Slovakia’s game tomorrow night, but reports in the North-East suggest he will be fine for Sunday’s game at Tottenham after fears of ‘angina’ proved premature.

As for Fabian Schar – another Newcastle star who left his international camp early last week – there has been no update on his ‘adductor injury.’

Eddie Howe confirmed after our 2-1 win at Southampton earlier this month that he’d been managing a groin injury, so it would be no real surprise if he wasn’t risked for this weekend’s trip to London.

• 3 weeks later...

No complaints on the goal but his kicking and indecisiveness really are a hinderance to us I think.

Obviously not avocating dropping him but think it's clear we'll need an updgrade in the summer

If we can get a clear upgrade, not just a Henderson or someone similar, I’d throw the cash down but still pretty far down the priority list. 

We will need a ball playing GK though at some point if we really want to progress. 

Guest neesy111

Honestly any other tall GK would've struggled with that goal today, a fast low shot in front of bodies means you can't get your body down low enough.