Martin Dúbravka

Figures 1-0 Football

3 hours ago, joeyt said:

His kicking is dreadful, gives me heart palpitations every time the ball goes back to him. Still love him though

yeah, it's not great.

he's definitely getting his confidence back though, seems a lot more comfortable with the ball at his feet these days.

hope he continues improving and gets back to his very best, he hasn't had a lot to do lately, but hasn't quite looked the same since his howler(s) in the Euros.

• 3 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, Holloway said:

Was nowhere for their goal there,very weak effort. Having quite an iffy season

He could've done better but i think he was counting on everyone having their man and didn't expect Wood to lose Dunk that easily.

1 minute ago, Newcastle Fan said:

He could've done better but i think he was counting on everyone having their man and didn't expect Wood to lose Dunk that easily.

Yeah Wood completely lost his man but Dubs has to come for that with a little more conviction, he just raised a paw at it 

1 hour ago, Thiago said:

Would be near the bottom of my list to sell in the summer. 

He never claimed one ball from a corner and every one was delivered into the six yard box (keeper terrortory).  Brighton's goalkeeper collected nearly all crosses into his six yard box (Schar goal aside).  We need a new keeper and I will bet my last dollar Dubravka will be replaced fairly early.

4 minutes ago, Rod said:

He never claimed one ball from a corner and every one was delivered into the six yard box (keeper terrortory).  Brighton's goalkeeper collected nearly all crosses into his six yard box (Schar goal aside).  We need a new keeper and I will bet my last dollar Dubravka will be replaced fairly early.

Wood lost Dunk. 

I also think the deliveries were different. Brighton whipped their corners in, we floated them. Those are much harder to read and claim.

2 minutes ago, Thiago said:

Wood lost Dunk. 

I also think the deliveries were different. Brighton whipped their corners in, we floated them. Those are much harder to read and claim.

Whatever.  He just wouldn't come off his line which was so frustrating.

Had me worried today. Refusal to come out and claim the ball when it was in his area, meant we conceded a couple of corners/half hearted clearances.

You need your goalkeeper to ease the pressure and add a bit shithousery to run the clock down and he didn’t do that today. 

Think Howe will want a new ‘keeper in the Summer. One that doesn’t panic when the ball gets played back to them.

Feel shan like as he seems like a top character and he’s made some big saves and had some class games for us, but he needs to go in the Summer.