Martin Dúbravka

Figures 1-0 Football

Couldn't give a fuck one way or the other. We should tell them to do one in all honesty, but we don't really want an unhappy player stinking up the place. At least if he leaves it will free up a squad space for one of the hungrier players.

Just now, Tiotes Witch Doctor said:

Can fully see us accepting the loan offer with option to buy, we seem to love giving our players away for free.

I can't after what Man U did in January, in fact I'd be absolutely amazed if they even considered it

We need an up front or guaranteed fee out of sheer principle from these cunts. Any other club I'd be wishing Dubs all the best but I'm afraid he's drawn the gaze of the one club that I don't want us dealing with unless we have them over a barrel. 

Edited by wormy

1 minute ago, TRon said:

Couldn't give a fuck one way or the other. We should tell them to do one in all honesty, but we don't really want an unhappy player stinking up the place. At least if he leaves it will free up a squad space for one of the hungrier players.

We will have to pay money for any replacement, so if they want him, then they need to pay up 

1 minute ago, et tu brute said:

We will have to pay money for any replacement, so if they want him, then they need to pay up 

I'm one of those who thinks Darlow is ok as a number 2 so I don't think we need a replacement. As @madras has pointed out above, there must be a loan fee involved as well.

Should charge them £20m avoiding relegation fee, good for the goose and all that, inflation taken in account.  

Or we could tell them to fuck right off, along with the other 5 cuntish clubs who tried to have all the money, and decide who joins they're little mob.

Man Utd, fuck the sanctimonious shitheads.

really quite poor from Dubs, this. I know it was reported as a knock, but are we safe to assume he refused to play against Tranmere?

absolutely no chance we should be loaning him out, never mind to bloody Manure. stick him with the U23’s if he’s being difficult. we don’t owe him anything.

Just now, Big River said:

really quite poor from Dubs, this. I know it was reported as a knock, but are we safe to assume he refused to play against Tranmere?

absolutely no chance we should be loaning him out, never mind to bloody Manure. stick him with the U23’s if he’s being difficult. we don’t owe him anything.

Let’s not make such assumptions eh?

Regardless of anything we shouldn’t be doing Man United any favours especially given how they played hardball with Lingard last season. I would only let him go if they matched  our asking price and if it’s a loan it has to be with an obligation and they pay a premium for such a deal. 

Yeah, I said it at the time of signing Pope but if he's resigned himself to being number 2 and has no fight in him it's shit tbh.

Add to that that he now wants to go and be a number 2 somewhere else so he can play a few games in Europe then it says a lot about his character at the moment. He owes us nothing though, he's been great. Likewise though, we owe him nothing either 

11 minutes ago, TRon said:

I'm one of those who thinks Darlow is ok as a number 2 so I don't think we need a replacement. As @madras has pointed out above, there must be a loan fee involved as well.

I'd make sure we can get every penny off them after January. They're splashing the cash left, right and centre and if they want an international and proven PL keeper, then they need to pay up. I also wouldn't have Darlow as first choice backup keeper.

Edited by et tu brute

It's just a shit situation really. I can understand Dubs wanting the move even if on paper he is technically going from one number two to the other, but it obviously weakens our squad, strengthens theirs, and minimal financial gain for us as well. As others say, they're splashing out 150m on two players so surely they can afford 5m for a player who could play up to 20 matches for them this season. He'll no doubt be back to us in 12 months, a year older, less resale value, pushing 35, and we're left with Darlow for cup matches and if Pope gets injured / suspended.

I wouldn't really want him rotting with the U23s for a year, and causing a stink, but it'll be equally annoying if he leaves for a year for next to nothing.

I mean we have 4 keepers and one has to go. There doesn’t seem much interest in Darlow. I imagine he’ll end up going with a few million loan fee with the option to buy. 

3 minutes ago, gdm said:

I mean we have 4 keepers and one has to go. There doesn’t seem much interest in Darlow. I imagine he’ll end up going with a few million loan fee with the option to buy. 

That's a problem in itself. There's a reason there's no tangible interest in Darlow and it's the same reason I don't want him as our back up. :lol:

2 minutes ago, wormy said:

That's a problem in itself. There's a reason there's no tangible interest in Darlow and it's the same reason I don't want him as our back up. :lol:

Aye we can’t have it all unfortunately 

Just echoing other people's comments, Man United should be made to pay the serious market rate. We don't owe anyone any favours here that I'm aware of. Open-minded to a backroom deal which sees them compensate our club in other ways. Dubravka could seek a move to many other clubs, he can't suddenly become an overseas Man U supporter overnight and break his contract with us for free.

7 minutes ago, gdm said:

We are leaving ourselves weak in GK department - this makes no sense to me.  Ok Dubs wants to go but you have to sell to then use the money to buy a replacement.

Just now, duo said:

We are leaving ourselves weak in GK department - this makes no sense to me.  Ok Dubs wants to go but you have to sell to then use the money to buy a replacement.

We have 4 keepers we aren’t short in numbers. In fact we have one too many and Howe’s opinion of a back up keeper may differ from others. Personally I’d rather have Dúbravka but just looking at it from how the club might view it. If Dubravka goes there isn’t a chance another keeper comes in