Martin Dúbravka

Figures 1-0 Football

Just now, gdm said:

We have 4 keepers we aren’t short in numbers. In fact we have one too many and Howe’s opinion of a back up keeper may differ from others. Personally I’d rather have Dúbravka but just looking at it from how the club might view it. If Dubravka goes there isn’t a chance another keeper comes in

If we sell Dubs then we're short in quality.  Darlow isn't a good enough.

Just now, gdm said:

We have 4 keepers we aren’t short in numbers. In fact we have one too many and Howe’s opinion of a back up keeper may differ from others. Personally I’d rather have Dúbravka but just looking at it from how the club might view it. If Dubravka goes there isn’t a chance another keeper comes in

I agree. I can see the sense in letting Dubravka go, although I'm not sure what the big attraction is of being a second choice at Man U. Can only assume he thinks he might displace de Gea who has had one or two howlers already this season.

The only niggle seems to be the price which seems to be around £5m. Problem is, he's 34, not sure we will be gettting much more than that from anyone.

Just now, duo said:

If we sell Dubs then we're short in quality.  Darlow isn't a good enough.

I just explained that. Howe might disagree. Howe might see the harmony of the squad as more important than having an upgrade in a back up keeper, if Dúbravka is unhappy he might want to let him go. Ill be amazed if another keeper comes in. 

1 minute ago, TRon said:

Can only assume he thinks he might displace de Gea who has had one or two howlers already this season.

Well this is it isn’t it? He probably thinks it’ll be easier to displace the guy who’s had a rocky start than the guy that’s just been bought to replace him that’s had a solid start. 

If it's an 'option' to buy for £5m, there's no way they're taking that up for someone of his age in a year's time, so it's worthless. Unless there's a hefty loan fee.

If not and if he has to go, must be plenty of Championship teams in need of a keeper, send him there with an actual fee.

4 minutes ago, Abacus said:

If it's an 'option' to buy for £5m, there's no way they're taking that up for someone of his age in a year's time, so it's worthless. Unless there's a hefty loan fee.

If not and if he has to go, must be plenty of Championship teams in need of a keeper, send him there with an actual fee.

‘Send him’  :lol: I think he might have quite a big say in it 

19 minutes ago, gdm said:

‘Send him’  :lol: I think he might have quite a big say in it 

? I know, I was being a bit tongue in cheek, really.

But I don't think it can do much harm to say sorry - I know you want to be Man United's reserve keeper, but you're under contract with us.

So, here are your options, on terms that we would accept.

No one knows what the loan fee is and it gets his wages off the books which could open up a little more for a new midfielder. That being said I’d rather keep him but love how together this squad is we don’t want any unhappy players 

4 minutes ago, sempuki said:

Makes no sense unless he's got some sort of contractual agreement or he's kicked off and Eddie doesn't want the disruption. 

Could be anything. Could be the fact we need to drop a keeper from squad and Dúbravka is only one that has offers, could be Dubravka Is unhappy and the loan fee plus possible £5m buy option represents a good deal for a 33 year old keeper, could be Howe doesn’t trust his injury record or it could actually be Howe rates Darlow. Could well be a combination of all these things. Who knows? The club/Howe haven’t made many bad decisions so far 

Edited by gdm