Newcastle United 1 - 0 Man United - 11/02/18 - Post-match jubilation from pg22

Dave

Small mention for Dummett who was fantastic. Such a solid left back.

Agreed. We're better with him the team no question.

He just had to defend and not make any mistakes. Perfect for him today tbh.

He hasn't had a bad game since coming back to be fair to him, very good today like.

Guest neesy111

They think the Lukaku goal where he clearly pushed Lejeune out of the way with hands in the back was harsh to be chalked off :lol:

Looked a foul, but lejeune made sure he went down in a heap.

It was the type of game he usually excels in. It's when we need him to help at the other end that he's a problem.

Nah he's been much improved going forward since returning from his injury like. He's played some great crosses in recently and always been an option in the final third when needed.

Our first choice defence is very comfortable on the ball apart from Dummett.

Aye.  I don't think he's much good but sadly he's probably the best option we have at LB at the moment, losing him for three months is a blow.  He's crap at anything other than defending but he's solid enough that Atsu or Aarons ahead of him will have the freedom to get forward at will.

I think for a club in our position, Dummett gets unfairly railed for his on-the-ball (lack of) ability. There's a lot to be said for a solid defensive full back when you're just trying to stay alive in a division. Might be a stretch, but Danny Simpson seemed clueless both going forward and defending.

Personally I'm quite worried about our defence without Dummett at left back.

:snod:

It was the type of game he usually excels in. It's when we need him to help at the other end that he's a problem.

I think Kenedy helps, the ying to his yang.

Our first choice defence is very comfortable on the ball apart from Dummett.

Aye.  I don't think he's much good but sadly he's probably the best option we have at LB at the moment, losing him for three months is a blow.  He's crap at anything other than defending but he's solid enough that Atsu or Aarons ahead of him will have the freedom to get forward at will.

I think for a club in our position, Dummett gets unfairly railed for his on-the-ball (lack of) ability. There's a lot to be said for a solid defensive full back when you're just trying to stay alive in a division. Might be a stretch, but Danny Simpson seemed clueless both going forward and defending.

Personally I'm quite worried about our defence without Dummett at left back.

:snod:

:lol: I've been arguing Dummett is unfairly criticised since half way through last season if we're playing that game  :p

They think the Lukaku goal where he clearly pushed Lejeune out of the way with hands in the back was harsh to be chalked off :lol:

Fuck me, you'd think they'd top themselves rather than talk about our games at the moment.

It was the header before hand which was the foul.

Both were fouls, but they definitely gave it for the 2nd 1