AFC Bournemouth 2-2 Newcastle United - 24/02/2018 - post match anticlimax p19

Disco

Disgusting for Bournemouth to pick up anything today. They were awful.

Disgraceful from Atsu and Perez not putting that game to bed. Atsu should have taken a shot otherwise should have passed it to Shelvey even earlier, who isn't devoid of blame either.

Suppose another away point isn't bad but should have been all 3. Too many games like this this year ffs man..

Biggest disgrace was rafa.

You wouldn't have posted on here had we won would You?

You can barely hide your delight man,  you fat clown. Do yourself a favour and fuck off.

Spot on. Wants to fuck off and support the mackems.

Some are being a bit overcritical here imo, we were brilliant today for the most part and had one of those two chances gone in we would all be elated and praising everyone from manager to players. Yes it's frustrating to not win that - but that's kind of the point - and there's some unduly harsh criticism being dealt out here all things considered.

But the players mentality is a joke. The amount of results we've pissed away this season is beyond belief.

Summed up towards the end, not sure if it was at 0-2 or 1-2, it broke from an AFCB corner to Atsu with a potential break on and nobody in front of him and he just belted it downfield straight back to the one defender that was in their half. They absolutely shit themselves every game if we're leading towards the end.

Well that was a frustrating listen. Shelvey belts that in and we would've been high and dry.

Not down to Shelvey, delay from Atsu was the problem and powder puff Perez missed the sitter of the game.

I actually thought I saw that Ake just got a tiny nick on the ball with his heel when challenging Shelvey which he wasn't expecting hence his foot wasn't in the right position to take the shot.

Rafa subbed that victory away from us. Pathetic.

One of the few times I agree with you. People used to go mental when Pardew used to carry out similar approach.

Sick of this moot point.

Unfortunately although you want to see the positives of getting a point from a 2-0 lead, the subs were a major factor just as much as the misses,although for me the subs slightly effected how we attacked on the counter so thats why Im leaning toward the blame on the result being down to doing a shut up shop and hanging on for our lives job, when we looked quite comfortable. Ritchie was having a great game, kenedy looked a bit tired but he still offers plenty in terms of attack and creativity.

Doesn't make you feel any better, but if we were offered 4pts from Man Utd/today I think most would've taken that. It's fucking shit, but we're edging closer to the stage now where if we beat Southampton, Huddersfield, and WBA at home we'll be safe.

Well that was a frustrating listen. Shelvey belts that in and we would've been high and dry.

Not down to Shelvey, delay from Atsu was the problem and powder puff Perez missed the sitter of the game.

I actually thought I saw that Ake just got a tiny nick on the ball with his heel when challenging Shelvey which he wasn't expecting hence his foot wasn't in the right position to take the shot.

He definitely got a touch. Thought it was a corner at first.

Some are being a bit overcritical here imo, we were brilliant today for the most part and had one of those two chances gone in we would all be elated and praising everyone from manager to players. Yes it's frustrating to not win that - but that's kind of the point - and there's some unduly harsh criticism being dealt out here all things considered.

The issue is this has been happening all season. It's all the more upsetting when we can all see it coming.

Rafa subbed that victory away from us. Pathetic.

One of the few times I agree with you. People used to go mental when Pardew used to carry out similar approach.

Sick of this moot point.

Unfortunately although you want to see the positives of getting a point from a 2-0 lead, the subs were a major factor just as much as the misses,although for me the subs slightly effected how we attacked on the counter so thats why Im leaning toward the blame on the result being down to doing a shut up shop and hanging on for our lives job, when we looked quite comfortable. Ritchie was having a great game, kenedy looked a bit tired but he still offers plenty in terms of attack and creativity.

I'm not seeing the positives from the result today, complete straw man.

It's the "if Pardew did that" line. Boils my fucking piss.

Disgraceful from Atsu and Perez not putting that game to bed. Atsu should have taken a shot otherwise should have passed it to Shelvey even earlier, who isn't devoid of blame either.

Suppose another away point isn't bad but should have been all 3. Too many games like this this year ffs man..

You wouldn't have posted on here had we won would You?

You can barely hide your delight man,  you fat clown. Do yourself a favour and fuck off.

Spot on. Wants to fuck off and support the mackems.

The bloke is a total dick splash. I bet he gets a serious hard-on everytime one of his clients fails their driving test.

:lol: You are quite possibly the dumbest human to ever breathe.

We played well and then we capitulated. Thats why it was a draw, the positives were balanced out by the negatives. It is a set back as it isnt good for a side to learn they can capitulate from such a positive situation. I imagine Rafa will try to get them to focus on both parts. We've left ourselves under pressure though when we should be as clear as Brighton now. We're now a couple positions away again with important games coming up.

Woah, you don’t wanna come on here posting sense like that after a defeat good away point good performance good tactical performance disgraceful surrender.

Guest firetotheworks

Atsu didn't start did he?

Nope.  Came on for Kenedy.

And should have scored?

Well, he could had shot but he passed it to Shelvey who missed a sitter.

Ta. Interesting description of subs costing us the game.

The subs didn't work out like, there's no doubt about that.

Doesn't make you feel any better, but if we were offered 4pts from Man Utd/today I think most would've taken that. It's fucking shit, but we're edging closer to the stage now where if we beat Southampton, Huddersfield, and WBA at home we'll be safe.

We're not very good at home, that's why today was a huge missed opportunity.

Was never confident, even at 2-0 and if we feel like that, you can sense the nervousness in here at 2-0 after half time, you've got to imagine that the players on the pitch have a similar feeling. We're never going to roast a team in this league, we're just not good enough, so even at 2-0 there's still a massive risk. It's shit and it feels like a loss but we aren't good enough, simple as that, Rafa has been telling us that all season and a 1-0 valiant victory against manure doesn't make us a different team all of a sudden.

4 points against Bournemouth and Manure is more than acceptable and had the results been the other way round we'd all be buzzing. We're edging closer to safety, we'll limp over the line eventually.