Newcastle United v Southampton - 10/03/18 - 3pm

HaydnNUFC

Most teams have better players than us. If teams are throwing more caution to the wind when they're desperate for a goal, there's a decent chance they'll score. That's not always down to bricking it.

I agree, and it is to be assumed that teams will intensify their efforts for an equaliser, but there is a stark difference to our composure at those times.

A win means that Southampton would have to win 2 more than us from 8 games. This stage of the season margins like that or huge.

True dat.

Our 15 goals in 15 away games is 11th best in the league. 12 goals in 15 home games is rock bottom. Trying to delve into it, shots in home games is 6th fewest, but we are third worst when it comes to shots from the penalty area or 6 yard box. Some of it is finishing, but we are also not creating enough at home.

A win means that Southampton would have to win 2 more than us from 8 games. This stage of the season margins like that or huge.

True dat.

Our 15 goals in 15 away games is 11th best in the league. 12 goals in 15 home games is rock bottom. Trying to delve into it, shots in home games is 6th fewest, but we are third worst when it comes to shots from the penalty area or 6 yard box. Some of it is finishing, but we are also not creating enough at home.

:thup: Been a few home games I recall where we've been restricted to long shots, albeit we've come close with them.  Others where we've created very little in general.  Games like Swansea where we've created chance after chance were the exception.

All that said, we usually do create at least 1 or 2 very good chances every home game, and miss them.

Think this is going to be a pleasant result, 3-0. They just have to remember they beat ManU here and go out and enjoy.

"Go out and enjoy yourselves. The result will come"

True dat.

:thup:

Guest covmag

Slimani still out  :lol: send the f***er back

Leicester must be laughing tha cocks off if we have paid any money at all, my prediction of zero minutes on the field looking good, this club man.

Going to this  :scared:

Hope to take in at least 5 pints before to quell the nerves.  If there was ever a game with draw written all over it,

It’s this

...Or crushing 2:1 defeat after going 1:0 up

I'm flying over for this one to... 1st game since the last day of the season  against Barnsley  :smitten: ... really excited  tbh but I know come 3 bells tomorrow  I'll probably be shittin  it lol it is the first real 6 pointer of the season  Imo... think we'll get a nervey  win 2-1

Three weeks until our next game after this. This place will be a mess if we fail to win, or God forbid, lose :scared:

If we lose it'll be the perfect time for Dave to "mess with the server" (as described in other thread).

I've watched a few Southampton games lately, including Stoke just gone, and whilst they were better than their opponents they don't look a good side by any stretch. Given our general solidity and that we've proven hard to beat for decent sides, I really don't think we'll be losing this one. A draw would be the obvious prediction but I do think we'll nick it by 1.

I've watched a few Southampton games lately, including Stoke just gone, and whilst they were better than their opponents they don't look a good side by any stretch. Given our general solidity and that we've proven hard to beat for decent sides, I really don't think we'll be losing this one. A draw would be the obvious prediction but I do think we'll nick it by 1.

Do they look capable of rallying in the last ten minutes if they need to?